Royal Caribbean Blog

Another FCC and deposit question

9 hours ago, Kcusack89 said:

Don't know if this helps you or not but my agent said she could out a hold on the room without a deposit . My FCC will cover my October replacement crusie in full including the deposit.

She also said I could out down $5 do have access to the cruise planner too but since I went for the 125% cruise planner credit there's so reason to look at that bc I won't be putting anymore of my money towards royal right now. Just what I already spent

I think what is getting me, is that I am looking for another summer cruise in July and the final payment date is due now (or very soon).

@Buzzard05 I personally don't see cruising back in July, it always struck me odd that Cruise with Confidence was available all the way to September 1st. To me that means RCCI believed cruising would be affected or interrupted until at least then. If you are on the fence about it...I would say wait. I think there will be awesome deals abound and in the event you can sail in July, a last minute fare should be affordable.

OK maybe this is a better Analogy which may also be seen differently by others, but what's great about it is that it's all based on opinion.

Colleges and Universities would have never thought they would be refunding tuition or dorm fee's.  My son's university (which is not a small university), published how refunds would be processed with specific instructions, amounts, and dates.  They even had two options, which I am sure makes things more difficult for them.  Kinda like Royal.

This was requested a week ago and guess what!!!  Got an email yesterday that funds were deposited into my account this morning.  FLAWLESS! 

I honestly think something is going on with Royal.  And this feeling is only being fueled by the lack of communication, different explanations by agents, and lack of refunds. 

Just show me the "Money".  What movie? A little Friday Humor!   :1_grinning:

I believe there is some level of business maneuvering here, but I think the sheer volume and lack of an automated process have a huge impact on response time. 26 ships, for 13 weeks, with assumed reservations at less than full capacity of 87000 per total fleet sailing, yields 1.13 million refunds to process. Note that cruise planner purchases are separate, we could be at 2.26 million transactions to process. Consider that some ships run twice a week, add in cruise with confidence, and handling new reservations and rebooking, that number could soar.  

I hear ya, and understand to a certain extent. 

My concerns have moved from waiting patiently for our my money back to are we going to get it at all?  Your mind starts to wonder what the heck is going on! 

Unfortunately, I think this is going to be a topic until more people report refunds have been issued.  

@RBRSKI Definitely better but still vastly different as I view it about the process. Schools give back tuition on the daily..because students drop out often. Cruises keep your money, refunds are rare..I mean we pay months or years in advance to get the best rate. Since cruise fares are often sold at a detriment, it is safe to say RCCI tries to earn off the balance. Making the money tied up, add in the automatize process and boom...long processing time. Also it seems like they don't process until the date of the cruise, which they definitely should have disclosed.I hope everyone starts to receive their refunds soon.