Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

We get to plan a new Cruise!!!


Recommended Posts

Perspective is the word of the day. My cruise was a luxury. A break from life and the daily grind. It's a bummer I have to reschedule, and have to cancel my PTO request.....but ......I have an awesome family, I have my health, and....now.....I get to pick out, and plan another cruise to replace the one we just lost!  So....as upset we are at losing a vacation, and the hassle of canceling hotels and excursions and such....just ask yourself......

Could Be Worse Let It Go GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SteveinSC said:

Perspective is the word of the day. My cruise was a luxury. A break from life and the daily grind. It's a bummer I have to reschedule, and have to cancel my PTO request.....but ......I have an awesome family, I have my health, and....now.....I get to pick out, and plan another cruise to replace the one we just lost!  So....as upset we are at losing a vacation, and the hassle of canceling hotels and excursions and such....just ask yourself......

Could Be Worse Let It Go GIF

Isn't it still undetermined if we will get credits/money back from RCCL at this point? 

I would also be booking again too if I knew for sure I will get my $9K back.  If I'm going to lose the money, I will definitely walk away from RCCL forever.  I'm reading all the fine print right now and the cruise contract basically states that RCCL can cancel and are not obligated to give you anything back.

I did buy travel insurance so hoping I can at least get the 75% "Cancel for no Reason" if RCCL doesn't at least offer FCC. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Cruise Queen 44 * Diamond said:

Isn't it still undetermined if we will get credits/money back from RCCL at this point? 

I would also be booking again too if I knew for sure I will get my $9K back.  If I'm going to lose the money, I will definitely walk away from RCCL forever.  I'm reading all the fine print right now and the cruise contract basically states that RCCL can cancel and are not obligated to give you anything back.

I did buy travel insurance so hoping I can at least get the 75% "Cancel for no Reason" if RCCL doesn't at least offer FCC. 

They're giving 125% in future Cruise credit, or a refund of 100%.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chadster said:

Thanks for this perspective! I've had a rather rocky road getting toward my first cruise on Royal, but now I'll get to go back to a blank slate and figure it out.

Good thing for me that I love logistics and planning! 🤓

Ditto.....the planning and obsessing is half the fun. 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just checked the RCCL Facebook page and it reads that they will automatically issue the FCC. 

 

Good job Royal Caribbean!  I'm beyond pleased with how they handled this entire messy situation.  We will be able to make Diamond Plus a little quicker now.  🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ebeck88 said:

We were booked Symphony for tomorrow, so hoping to rebook on that ship, but is there really a huge difference between the oasis class ships, or should I stick with symphony as the “biggest and best”?

All of the Oasis class ships are effectively identical in layout. The whole bigger and better than the last ship is for bragging rights and a huge marketing gimmick (I'm OK with the gimmick! :27_sunglasses:).

Each ship may be 1-3 tons larger, or maybe a few feet longer, but the ships are identical to the naked eye and more importantly to us cruisers. When you're comparing 225,000 tons to 228,000 tons... 1,180 or 1,188 feet long... not significant or something we would ever perceive.

If you look below, Oasis is now "bigger" than Allure in total displacement and effectively the same size as Harmony due to the recent "amplification"!

The ships will of course vary in the aesthetics and overall vibe... Harmony (2016) and Symphony (2018) are more modern in decor since they were built more recently. Oasis (2009) was just amplified at the end of last year and the public areas were updated, but many of the cabins were just refreshed and not completely re-decorated. Allure (2010) has yet to go through the amplification (scheduled soon) and from the little we hear, it may be slightly delayed due to all of the Coronavirus madness affecting operations.

The biggest difference will be in the food venues and entertainment offerings on each ship. Each ship will also have their own selection of shows for each venue (eg. Cats, Mamma Mia, Grease, Hair Spray... Blue Planet, One Sky/Touch the Sky, Columbus, Flight... different AquaTheater shows).

Some other little differences... Allure, among other differences, does not have the water slides, the Ultimate Abyss, Playmakers Sports Bar or an escape room yet (will after amplification). Harmony is the only Oasis class ship without a pool in the solarium. Also, the solarium layout slightly varies on some of these ships (some have a larger enclosed area vs. a larger open sun deck in front of solarium).

Everyone will have their own personal favorite, but I do not believe you can go wrong with any of the ships. It comes down to cost, convenience of departure port, itinerary (although many are similar or even identical), and your preferences when it comes to the specific shows and restaurant offerings on each ship.

I was just on Allure last year (out first Oasis class sailing - best cruise by far for us to date!), so my wife and I would personally go with one of the other ships unless you book a cruise after the amplification is completed (Allure will have the slides and newer restaurant offerings similar to what they added to Oasis last year).

image.thumb.png.d444e820445292a1f0cb8a9f1b371573.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ebeck88 said:

We were booked Symphony for tomorrow, so hoping to rebook on that ship, but is there really a huge difference between the oasis class ships, or should I stick with symphony as the “biggest and best”?

Now that Oasis has been amplified there will be minor differences in Symphony, Harmony, and Oasis. Allure has not been amplified yet so no waterslides, abyss, sportsbar. Still a great ship though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...