Lovetocruise2002

"Follow That Star...Our Journey Back to Oasis" - Star Class - 3/15/2020-3/22/2020

48 minutes ago, DDaley said:

I will be on that cruise too and am about to pull the trigger on the $96 UDP because I know Sabrina's fabulous blog will get me wanting specialty dining! We are only doing a OVB this time so no Coastal Kitchen for me (YET!) 

I am already counting the calories now so I can make room for the millions of calories that I am going to consume in a few weeks! 🤣

On 2/17/2020 at 2:25 PM, DDaley said:

I will be on that cruise too and am about to pull the trigger on the $96 UDP because I know Sabrina's fabulous blog will get me wanting specialty dining! We are only doing a OVB this time so no Coastal Kitchen for me (YET!) 

I don’t blame you at all.The food is a huge part of why I love cruising.  We have changed rooms for this reservation 3 times.... we finally talked ourselves into star since we knew it would be an “adult cruise” and we also know that won’t happen again for another few years. Maybe we will cross paths onboard 😃

A couple of updates over the last week an a half...

A few people have wondered if the Sushi Making Class, and the Guacamole Class was complimentary for Star Class guests.  The answer is yes, and we have both booked.

In addition, a few people were also inquiring as to whether the SC suites come with a PlayStation console.  Izzy has confirmed that they were all removed over dry dock.

18 days left to go...Still holding two hotel reservations...

5 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

A couple of updates over the last week an a half...

A few people have wondered if the Sushi Making Class, and the Guacamole Class was complimentary for Star Class guests.  The answer is yes, and we have both booked.

In addition, a few people were also inquiring as to whether the SC suites come with a PlayStation console.  Izzy has confirmed that they were all removed over dry dock.

18 days left to go...Still holding two hotel reservations...

Curious to hear your observations on the sushi making class as we found the setup on Anthem a bit unappealing and cancelled our reservstion. Guacamole class sounds interesting...

I don’t feel bad...I had multiple hotels booked in NYC too!  I was paranoid I would forget to cancel one and end up paying for more than 1 hotel room.  LOL 

40 minutes ago, Jax said:

Curious to hear your observations on the sushi making class as we found the setup on Anthem a bit unappealing and cancelled our reservstion. Guacamole class sounds interesting...

I don’t feel bad...I had multiple hotels booked in NYC too!  I was paranoid I would forget to cancel one and end up paying for more than 1 hotel room.  LOL 

Funny way these two classes came about.  Izzy scheduled us in for the Sushi class without us even asking. I was going to ask him to take it off but Hubby and the kids wanted to leave it so we did.

The Guacamole class idea was actually from a post by someone here on the message boards. Someone was wondering what it would be like now that Sabor was gone and that left me wondering too. I got curious and took a look at the cruise planner and noticed that tequila is included with that class. Checked with Izzy to see if it was complementary and it is, so who am I to turn down complimentary tequila! 😁 And we also love guacamole and chips. 😋

9 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Funny way these two classes came about.  Izzy scheduled us in for the Sushi class without us even asking. I was going to ask him to take it off but Hubby and the kids wanted to leave it so we did.

The Guacamole class idea was actually from a post by someone here on the message boards. Someone was wondering what it would be like now that Sabor was gone and that left me wondering too. I got curious and took a look at the cruise planner and noticed that tequila is included with that class. Checked with Izzy to see if it was complementary and it is, so who am I to turn down complimentary tequila! 😁 And we also love guacamole and chips. 😋

They are holding the guacamole class in Giovanni's.  Talk about a confusion of cultures...

On 2/26/2020 at 10:39 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I knew I should have done that class on Liberty!!! 

3 hours ago, betatke1480 said:

@Lovetocruise2002 We hid a little note for you in the room.  I think I put it somewhere easy for you to find with clues, but not somewhere that it will be taken by someone else or found by the cabin attendant.  😁

Love it!  It's like an Easter Egg Hunt!  

19 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Margarita with resposado tequila and a little Grand Marnier floated on top - YUMMMMMMM

Margarita with reposado tequila, Cointreau, and an ice shot of Grand Marnier floated on top! With straw on the side to drink the shot first!

A.k.a., the Ultimate Margarita at Bahama Breeze. 😋

Single digit dance update: 

9 days out and this is the most unsettling single digit dance we have ever done. Today we find ourselves very uncertain of what next week will hold.  Never fear though when you are a Type A planner like me. 😜

In the past hour, I have put 5 cruises on hold as a Plan B, C, D, E, and F.  Thank goodness for fantastic travel agents who work tirelessly at all hours. So hopefully this blog continues on, or it may be on hold for a while....stay tuned. 

11 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

9 days out and this is the most unsettling single digit dance we have ever done. Today we find ourselves very uncertain of what next week will hold.  Never fear though when you are a Type A planner like me. 😜

In the past hour, I have put 5 cruises on hold as a Plan B, C, D, E, and F.  Thank goodness for fantastic travel agents who work tirelessly at all hours. So hopefully this blog continues on, or it may be on hold for a while....stay tuned. 

Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys that plan A goes off without a hitch!

12 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I hope Plan A works out for you but nothing wrong with having lots of options! Knowing you have options may help you make the decision that’s right for your family. 🤞everything works out! 

On 2/8/2020 at 1:34 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

After receiving the initial email, we sent back our reply that evening in the form of a Word doc.  Pretty basic stuff.  Just outlining the restaurants that we want to eat at and the shows that we want to see.  Also, we noted some standing orders that we wanted for each day.  Not celebrating anything so nothing too fancy.

Have been enjoying your live blogs! I believe we are cruising the HOS villa shortly after you (we're NYE cruise). I'd be interested to see your Word doc of what you include for planning for your genie? 

1 minute ago, jlhnell said:

Have been enjoying your live blogs! I believe we are cruising the HOS villa shortly after you (we're NYE cruise). I'd be interested to see your Word doc of what you include for planning for your genie? 

Not sure what the doc for the Villa will look like.  That one might be a bit more complex.

The one we sent last year and this year just included a list of the shows we wanted to watch, restaurants we wanted to eat at, activities that we wanted to sign up for (ex. Cupcake class, bridge tours, sushi class, etc.), and initially boarding day "wants" (snacks, certain items that we want stocked in the room, etc.).