Royal Caribbean Blog

First Time Star Class 8 night Holiday Bahamas Cruise Anthem 12/20/19

5 hours ago, Jax said:

“My Pillow” travel size - I can’t rave enough about how My Pillow has improved my overall quality of sleep. Love their travel size version.  

I have been giving "my pillow" some serious thought.  Up until this point, I wasn't sure if it was a gimmick.  Now I am considering more seeing that you like it too.

9 minutes ago, Jax said:

Just heard from our genie.....it is Andres Villarreal. (male right??)

Yes, male.  Someone who sailed on November 16th just had him and they said he was amazing, even though he is new.  And these people had Charlie (who is gone now but used to be an all star Genie) to compare Andres to.  So that says a lot about him!

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We made it!! And are settled into the Conrad Downtown. We landed at JFK in the midst of a winter squall. It was kinda funny because as we landed and people started turning on their phones emergency al

Today was a busy day.  We started the day off by eating NYC bagels 😋 followed by pizza, pork belly and brisket 😋😋. It seems like the food coma has already started! Lol. We started out visiting Stadium

Here are some final thoughts on our first sailing with Royal. It was a great trip and we would definitely sail with Royal again.  Maybe try an Oasis class ship next time but we would also sail on Anth

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I have been giving "my pillow" some serious thought.  Up until this point, I wasn't sure if it was a gimmick.  Now I am considering more seeing that you like it too.

Yes, male.  Someone who sailed on November 16th just had him and they said he was amazing, even though he is new.  And these people had Charlie (who is gone now but used to be an all star Genie) to compare Andres to.  So that says a lot about him!

“My pillow” has been a game changer for me. I use to to travel with my king size “my pillow” but then I saw their travel size version and am going to give it a try.  Totally worth trying in my opinion. No more sore and stiff necks.  

18 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We must be the only people on the planet that did NOT care for My Pillow.  Dan likes a flat pillow and My Pillow is waaaytooo fluffy for him.  I love a fluffy pillow and My Pillow is too fluffy for me.  Both of ours were demoted to the guest bedroom.

I am a huge fan of Tempur-Pedic pillows. My current one is getting old and I’ve been hearing so many things about My Pillow that I was thinking of trying it.

32 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We must be the only people on the planet that did NOT care for My Pillow.  Dan likes a flat pillow and My Pillow is waaaytooo fluffy for him.  I love a fluffy pillow and My Pillow is too fluffy for me.  Both of ours were demoted to the guest bedroom.

I had a friend that picked up a My pillow in store without realizing they needed to complete the “find your fill level” on the My Pillow website to find their color.   (Yellow, white, green or blue) You may find yours too fluffy because of the fill level not being a good fit for you.  Your recommended color is determined by several factors shown below in picture. Or it may just not be the right pillow for you. 😊

EC6D4CBC-5909-4006-9FB6-19428E702EC5.png

10 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

+1

You are not. I HATED it. Too fluffy and no neck support. I get severe headaches in the middle of the night if I don't have enough neck support. I am on the hunt for a good pillow. Ive spent a lot of $$ trying.

Update on pre cruise communication with our genie Andres

So far my interactions with Andres have exceeded the mediocre experience from Royals main customer service group. I heard from Andres on Sunday, I replied the same day and heard back from him again this morning. 🙌🏻  Andres and I are off to a great start! 

What kind of things did Andres want to know? 

• A list of our “must haves”
  • Port arrival time and boarding procedure 
  • Mini bar requests 
  • Information on our preferred dining times, entertainment and activities 
  • Any special celebrations 🎉 

What has Andres done so far? 

For some reason the cruise planner would not allow me to reserve the thermal suite even though it shows as available. The main call centre couldn’t help.  When I told Andres this was a “must have” for us, he reassured me that he would take care of it once on-board! ✔️ for Andres. 

We expect to arrive at the cruise terminal around 10:30am and Andres said he will  try to have our suite ready early. ✔️ Andres (even though we are totally fine exploring the ship and eating lunch I appreciate the effort and it would be nice to get unpacking out of the way) 

Andres confirmed that you cannot go up in North Star until last bridge has been cleared but he will make arrangements for us to do this immediately following that! ✔️ Andres 

Pepsi is my drink of choice but I said I am totally fine with Coke. Andres said he would try to get Pepsi for me. ✔️ Andres 

Andres has already confirmed he will sign me up for cupcake decorating class (complimentary for star class) and Lindsay and Reyd for sushi class (also complimentary) and bridge tour for all 3 (complimentary for star class). ✔️ Andres

Holiday menus have not yet been finalized but I will receive a draft dining/entertainment schedule closer to sailing. All in all I am feeling pretty good about everything.   

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

If he is supplying Pepsi products then he is finding them somewhere other than the Royal supply chain (IOW I think he will have to purchase them himself).  I have never seen any kind of Pepsi product on any Royal Caribbean ship.

😉❤️

I hope not!  That feels as bad as taking our Disney concierge’s mouthwash. 🙈

96864CBE-EDFA-4BDD-AFCB-531B274682B3.gif

Hey guys, just popping on quickly to let you know of some Black Friday deals on cruise planner. I booked the All digital photo package for $234.99 and it is now discounted to $149.99 for the next 24 hours.  Looks like there are a number of featured Black Friday deals you may want to check out. I cancelled and rebooked the package at the lower price. 🙌🏻

3B7B71C7-7C3B-4E54-9599-A0B39AD70A28.jpeg

Random questions & answers from our Genie, Andres in pre cruise communication. We are first time star class guests cruising for the first time with Royal so I apologize in advance if any of this is repetitive. Hoping this may be useful for other first time guests like us.  

• 🎄will be in our suite 🙌🏻🙌🏻.  This was a big deal for us as we ❤️ Christmas! 
  • Pictures with 🎅🏻 are available 
  • Royal Photographers will be at Coco Cay 
  • Paper straws on board. Andres is checking with bar team to see if plastic are available. If not he suggested we bring some with us. 
  • Formal and semi formal nights have not yet been finalized  
  • Holiday events, activities and dining have not yet been finalized. Will be finalized closer to sailing.  
  • Copies of menus provided. (Will post) 
  • USB connections available - one on first floor and another on 2nd floor.  NO extensions cords permitted. 

18 days to go (till we leave for NYC) and Andres has been super so far! I heard from him for the first time Sunday, Tuesday, twice yesterday and again this morning. I am taking this as a good sign.  Follow below for menus. 

2 weeks and we are 🛫 to NYC! Lots of last minute stuff to do. I have piles everywhere ... It seems I have begun staging. This morning was spent wrapping 🎁. We often travel over a Christmas and each year I challenge myself to get the smallest most travel friendly gifts for Reyd that he will ❤️ and be able to use on our trip.  I did not disappoint again this year! I always wrap the gifts and put them in our checked luggage to avoid possible hassles at security if in my carry-on.  

Meet Reyd our only child who recently turned 14 💕 Here he is getting his suit altered this past weekend. You will be seeing more of Reyd I hope  (as he usually lifts the no picture embargo on trips). Plus he is going to help with the trip videos. We bought him the Osmo handheld as an early Christmas present so he could familiarize himself with it.  I can’t wait to see what he does! So far he isn’t telling me much! 

Haven't heard from our Genie Andres in a few days but I have no doubt he is using this time to plan dining, activities and any requests we had. From what I hear we will for sure hear from him again 7 days out.  

Be sure to pass along your questions and once we are on-board I will do my best to get answers. 

B5DE9F55-18BD-480C-9754-4470DE01AC45.jpeg

7 days and we are outta here! Packing is underway and today I resigned myself to the fact that we need to take another checked bag ... I have made peace with this! The packing cubes seem to be working great! Definitely frees up space but my bag was over limit so I had to reshuffle some of the packing cubes. Resulting in the extra checked bag. Hubby is out of town working and missing out on all the pre cruise fun. He will literally walk in the door and we are off to the airport. All he said on the subject of baggage is, “that seems like a lot”.  To which I said, it is a lot.  End of discussion. 🙂 He knows me too well! I decided not to stress over baggage; we are each allowed 2 free checked bags and I had already booked an SUV. So not a big deal. I have hair, mani and pedi booked for this week 🙌🏻🙌🏻

Update on pre cruise communication with Andres

Andres hopes the holiday menus will be confirmed in the next day or two, at which time I think I will see a draft schedule of dining, entertainment and activities.  I think I will hear more by the end of the week.  🤷‍♀️

Laundry services are included in star class and Andres got back to me about whether synthetic fragrances are used in laundry detergents. Not surprisingly, they are but we have several options so all is good! All that matters is that our 🧺 will get done. 

I will post holiday menus when I receive them. 

Hey guys, I can’t believe we board the Anthem on Friday! 🎄🎅🏻🎁  We have had a busy few days getting together with family before we leave tomorrow. So far we are at 5 checked bags and holding 🤞. Weather in Calgary looks good so we are hoping for an on time departure. We are staying at the Marriott in terminal airport hotel at Calgary tomorrow night.  

Update on Pre Cruise communication with Andres 

Lots of back and forth emails over the past day or two. I had heard that at 7 days we would receive access to a loop app for direct communication with Andres. So far we have not received anything or anyway other than email to communicate with Andres. Not sure if this is the norm but I have asked Andres about this. 

I received Holiday menus for the MDR and Chops Holiday Menu (attached) — Chops Holiday Menu is $89 pp plus 18% gratuity (Not complimentary for star class). But as star class guests we can dine at Chops for free, just not from the holiday menu.  Not sure the extent to which the 2 Chops menus differ but at this time we are leaning to Chops (non holiday menu) or possibly the MDR if we want a traditional Christmas meal with all the trimmings.  We will consult more with Andres on this. 

I provided quite a bit of feedback on the first draft of our dining, entertainment and on board activities. Some requests were overlooked while others were added that we didn’t want.  I am not sure how customized it was as it was a shared itinerary with our family and another one of Andre’s family.  It seemed a bit strange to see another family’s itinerary blended with ours but what do I know 🤷‍♀️. This is all new to us! Regardless, I have suggested some tweaking to customize it for us. I recognize that this is a busy sailing and Andres is trying to schedule things in a way to avoid delays for us. So we will stay flexible and remain open to his suggestions! 

I will check back in tomorrow night. 

MDRX.DI.HO.V02.EG.112019.pdf CHOP.DI.HO.V01.EG.092419.pdf