Does Royal Caribbean have Black Friday Sales?

12thman

I hoping for discounts on the drink/zoom package for our 9 night October 2020 cruise.  At the pricing now we will save almost $80 doing the drink/zoom package than getting them separately.  It's on sale now for $65/night for combo.  It will be my luck that they raise the price instead of lowering it!

Most of the Black Friday sales pertain to Cruise Planner purchases and not the actual cruises themselves.

I'm sure they will use their typical tactics and call it a Black Friday sale on cruises, but the sales won't be much different than usual.

I would pay more attention to figuring out what you might be looking for as far as the new itinerary releases that will be happening in the next few weeks.  Jump on that early (refundable) and you will have years of repricing..or you may luck into a really popular itinerary that never has any price breaks.  But at least you'll get first pick of cabin availability this way!

Just now, 12thman said:

Thank you @mworkman and @AshleyDillo. Looks like book asap and reprice when it's a better deal. 

Might as well..I have found the best prices tend to be at the release of the itineraries or very last minute on a sailing that's not doing very well.  Unfortunately not all sailings end up with rock bottom last minute pricing so if you don't have the flexibility to roll the dice with that, then booking early is always your best bet.

If you are seeking the upper class rooms a lot of times those will be priced at a low and then just continue to go up.  When the prices on those fall later it's usually due to the entire sailing being repriced.  You CAN get ask for a reprice on a room even if there's not one in available inventory (i.e. if you have a Crown Loft and there aren't any on the website...but you've been tracking the other suites and notice they've all dropped..likely yours had a price decrease as well.)  I'm gonna try to play this game ala  @Lovetocruise2002 with some villa suites.

33 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

You CAN get ask for a reprice on a room even if there's not one in available inventory (i.e. if you have a Crown Loft and there aren't any on the website...but you've been tracking the other suites and notice they've all dropped..likely yours had a price decrease as well.)  I'm gonna try to play this game ala  @Lovetocruise2002 with some villa suites.

Yes, I've done this many times.  I book as soon as itineraries get released (especially the Star Class rooms) and watch the prices like a hawk.  You can re-price even if the cabin category goes.  I've done this more times than I can count.  The villa suite has turned out to to be the best deal ever.  After grabbing it at release, I have now priced it down to less than $1000pp.

1 minute ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes, I've done this many times.  I book as soon as itineraries get released (especially the Star Class rooms) and watch the prices like a hawk.  You can re-price even if the cabin category goes.  I've done this more times than I can count.  The villa suite has turned out to to be the best deal ever.  After grabbing it at release, I have now priced it down to less than $1000pp.

How many people are coming with you in the villa?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 3:34 PM, whitsmom said:

I hoping for discounts on the drink/zoom package for our 9 night October 2020 cruise.  At the pricing now we will save almost $80 doing the drink/zoom package than getting them separately.  It's on sale now for $65/night for combo.  It will be my luck that they raise the price instead of lowering it!

You should book the stuff now and if the price drops you can cancel and rebook with no penalty.

On 10/31/2019 at 3:33 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Can you tell me where to look to know when itens get released and what they are?