Cruise Kit - what's in yours?

KLA

Actually have 3 tubs.   Each for a different climate or time of year.  

All from Dollar store or Amazon:  Small LED flashlight, travel thermal mug with lid,  mesh laundry bags, wine bottle transport envelopes, lounge towel clips, magnetic clips, chargers, lanyards, fold up zipper tour bag for excursions/shopping, plastic luggage tag holders, sticky pad with marker,   large zip lock bags for water shoes and swim gear/ or contain a cold cloth for excursions, USB charging hub for camera and phones

Yes to the night lights,  and mini med bags, but my must-have travel item is my set of booze protector travel bags.  I have managed to bring back some lovely treats with the help of these bags (you all in Florida are lucky that you can drive home and don't have to worry about damaging these boozy treasures!). 😆

I learned the hard way to take Imodium with me after my first cruise.  I have IBS and gluten intolerance.  I think I ended up consuming gluten somewhere and had some issues.  Went down to the medical facility to get some Imodium and ended up getting quarantined for a day (stupidly went right after blow drying my hair so temp was raised when they used a forehead thermometer).  This time, I am taking all kinds of otc meds just in case I may need them!

Still fine tuning our list as we navigate to being pro cruisers but i simply cannot cruise without

•  those dollartree battery operated tea lights
  • liquid handsoap
  • suction hooks for the shower
  • Multi-port usb plug
  • Cruise. Binder! (honestly such a life saver before, during and after the cruise!)

Some things I'm trying out and may get added:

• luggage tag holders
  • mini clock with light (why don't they want me to know what time it is?!! hahaha)
  • cup holder bags

I find it so funny that this post came back from the dead two years after I posed it, lol. 

Also, how much I've removed from my old "cruise kit" for my upcoming cruise. I basically only have my magnetic clips for hanging up papers and the USB outlet. Might grab the alarm clock too but that's about it. 

31 minutes ago, columbus_cruiser said:

In the era of Covid are we still able to bring our own coffee cups?

I would imagine this works similar to how it always has - you fill up a cup of coffee/water (or, have someone fill your cup of coffee/water) and you dump it in to your reusable cup. This has always been the rule for health code reasons. 

I always bring a zip-lock baggie containing antiseptic wipes. The first thing I do when I get to my cabin is wipe down everything! The wipes are Hydrogen Peroxide based because they kill most viruses, including the dreaded Norovirus. The usual alcohol-based antibacterial wipes don’t kill Noro.

2 minutes ago, BrianB said:

I always bring a zip-lock baggie containing antiseptic wipes. The first thing I do when I get to my cabin is wipe down everything! The wipes are Hydrogen Peroxide based because they kill most viruses, including the dreaded Norovirus. The usual alcohol-based antibacterial wipes don’t kill Noro.

Now that I think about it - this is definitely a new addition that I'm packing. 

I think I will add a two week supply of medical necessities to my kit. Above what I usually bring for the length of my cruise. Just in case I suddenly find myself quarantined somewhere mid-cruise. I don’t want to be forced to rely on the availability and quality of local supplies. Never know when local authorities demand I quarantine in place rather than send me home.