Royal Caribbean Blog

First Time Star Class!!!

53 minutes ago, SuperNinja said:

with the wow bands, have they started keeping star class one color?  I know my last cruise (sky class) I had a black band, wanted to see if I could request the same color vs the blue or yellow that I have seen lately

Had black both times I was in Star in this year.  Never used them though....card was easier for the way I roll.  😉

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Congratulations on your first Star Class.  If you're like us, it will not be your last ! One of the MANY things about SC that is so wonderful is that you can have any kind of event in your suite,

Well...... It’s Finally Here..... It’s cruise day!  The plan is to be at the port by 11-11:15am.  Hopefully that works out. Couple things to do before then,  but it’s almost time for the adventure to

I'm so not totally jealous of @SuperNinja at all. Totally fine not being there.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, SuperNinja said:

with the wow bands, have they started keeping star class one color?  I know my last cruise (sky class) I had a black band, wanted to see if I could request the same color vs the blue or yellow that I have seen lately

I just thought of something. If your goal is to wear something distinguishing so that some of the crew are aware that you are star class without having to carry around the plum card and flash it, then there is a red wrist band that you can get from the activity desk next to the flow riders. You’re supposed to use this to skip the lines for the flowrider, zip line, abyss etc. When the crew saw it they knew we were star class. For instance when walking up to the crowded Aquatheater before Hiro the staff saw the red band and let us in without having to take out the card.

25 minutes ago, DrNDo said:

I just thought of something. If your goal is to wear something distinguishing so that some of the crew are aware that you are star class without having to carry around the plum card and flash it, then there is a red wrist band that you can get from the activity desk next to the flow riders. You’re supposed to use this to skip the lines for the flowrider, zip line, abyss etc. When the crew saw it they knew we were star class. For instance when walking up to the crowded Aquatheater before Hiro the staff saw the red band and let us in without having to take out the card.

Smart idea

5 hours ago, DrNDo said:

I just thought of something. If your goal is to wear something distinguishing so that some of the crew are aware that you are star class without having to carry around the plum card and flash it, then there is a red wrist band that you can get from the activity desk next to the flow riders. 

Ok, this may be the way to go.  Thx.  Never even knew about this.  Primary thing for me was to try to get something more universal that didn’t really stand out like the yellow or royal blue, the black blends and could almost look like a watch.  Is the red band the same way as the wow band, where it’s removable ?

10 hours ago, dodgestang said:

Had black both times I was in Star in this year.  Never used them though....card was easier for the way I roll.  😉

With the wow bands, I agree, while convenient in some places, I found in others not so much. CK, suite lounge, getting into my room and not having to carry my wallet with the card to the gym were great, but actually paying for anything on board I would have to either take it off or pull out the card anyway...

3 minutes ago, SuperNinja said:

Ok, this may be the way to go.  Thx.  Never even knew about this.  Primary thing for me was to try to get something more universal that didn’t really stand out like the yellow or royal blue, the black blends and could almost look like a watch.  Is the red band the same way as the wow band, where it’s removable ?

No. It’s one of those paper type adhesive bands. Not too glamorous. Lol.

On 10/5/2019 at 10:17 PM, Royalnewbie96 said:

I have Sunil as my royal genie next week October 12 sailing. His pre-cruise communications are almost non-existent so don’t expect to get much planned with him before boarding. I’ll let you know how he is when we board. 

Hope you’re enjoying your cruise....... how’s Sunil?

New Set of Questions:

1-  Does anyone know if the RLS has two mini bars.  I think I've seen in a video that they have one downstairs by the dining table and then another that is upstairs in dressing area all the way to the left, but I'm not totally sure.

2- For the escape room, if I ask the genie to reserve it for a group (My family in Star Class) and other members of my family not in star class (Total of 6 People) how would they work out those not in star class paying for the experience?

3- For dinner reservations for embarkation night, should we have them booked prior to boarding, or mention them to the genie once we are going over everything and the schedule in person?

Thx for your help everyone...…….still having a hard time letting go control....work in progress....lol

1.  Sorry.  Can't help you on this one.  Never been in a RLS even for a visit.

2.  This is a very sensitive subject.  The Genie is technically only supposed to provide service to Star Class passengers.  Having said that, I have never had a Genie fail to accommodate any other friend (never taken any family with me) that I happened to be traveling with.  I would expect for the Genie to tell you that all non-SC passengers will be charged.  This may or may not actually happen.  It's really a toss-up.  Technically, however, non-SC pax would be charged.  Just be prepared for that.

3.  I always make sure that at LEAST embarkation day rezzies are made prior to sail date although it would not be a problem for the Genie to get you reservations anywhere you want to eat.  It's up to you.  I always like knowing that at least my first night's plans are set.

1 hour ago, SuperNinja said:

New Set of Questions:

1-  Does anyone know if the RLS has two mini bars.  I think I've seen in a video that they have one downstairs by the dining table and then another that is upstairs in dressing area all the way to the left, but I'm not totally sure.

2- For the escape room, if I ask the genie to reserve it for a group (My family in Star Class) and other members of my family not in star class (Total of 6 People) how would they work out those not in star class paying for the experience?

3- For dinner reservations for embarkation night, should we have them booked prior to boarding, or mention them to the genie once we are going over everything and the schedule in person?

Thx for your help everyone...…….still having a hard time letting go control....work in progress....lol

1. I have not been in the RLS (assuming you are on Symphony based on first post)....however I have been in other RLS and they did not have a second one upstairs.  I also do not see one in this video

2. They will book it for you

3. In email prior to cruise you can let them know what nights you want reservations, at what place, and for how many people, I always have all my dinner reservations confirmed prior to getting on board...and then the Genie just hands me a schedule that matches what we talked about...and then we tweak if needed

1 hour ago, dodgestang said:

1. I have not been in the RLS (assuming you are on Symphony based on first post)....however I have been in other RLS and they did not have a second one upstairs.  I also do not see one in this video

This video was what made me think there was.  It is the only one that ever went in that cabinet but I’ve seen the space on all of the ships that people have done tours on.  (Check out 7:50 in the video)

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

2.  This is a very sensitive subject. Technically, however, non-SC pax would be charged.  Just be prepared for that

3.  I always make sure that at LEAST embarkation day rezzies are made prior to sail date although it would not be a problem for the Genie to get you reservations anywhere you want to eat.  It's up to you.  I always like knowing that at least my first night's plans are set.

Absolutely, my intent is that they pay, however I didn’t know if it would be easier to ask the genie to reserve it or to do it on our own, and I didn’t know how it would work out as far as me not being charged but they are. 

I will make sure that is in the next communication to the genie about where we want to go for dinner etc, thinking hooked for dinner on night one.... hopefully it’s as good as I’m thinking it will be.

3 hours ago, SuperNinja said:

This video was what made me think there was.  It is the only one that ever went in that cabinet but I’ve seen the space on all of the ships that people have done tours on.  (Check out 7:50 in the video)

Absolutely, my intent is that they pay, however I didn’t know if it would be easier to ask the genie to reserve it or to do it on our own, and I didn’t know how it would work out as far as me not being charged but they are. 

I will make sure that is in the next communication to the genie about where we want to go for dinner etc, thinking hooked for dinner on night one.... hopefully it’s as good as I’m thinking it will be.

I stand guilty of not watching close enough.   That is def a fridge in the upstairs. 

9 minutes ago, SuperNinja said:

For my more experienced Star Class-ers, do you know if there is a way to request a different brand of water? (Not really a fan of Evian.... hoping for like a smart water option.  Also, things like Powerade or red bull how can those items be arranged ? @Lovetocruise2002 @WAAAYTOOO

Powerade and Red Bull can be arranged, just put in a request with the Genie. Now a particular flavor isn't a guarantee. Still for a particular flavor it would be best to request as far out as possible. That way it could possibly ordered or the Genie have a "grocery run" for it.

Same would apply with the water, once again no guarantee.

My personal experience, requested hard seltzer and diet Dr. Pepper. Both of those "wishes" while taken they were unable to be granted. Don't recall the excuse, personally I think they had some challenges with the timeline coming from Europe.

In addition to what @CGTLH said, they can probably also get you Acqua Panna. Whatever you are after, it would not hurt to ask. You never know what the Genie can manage. Hubby asked for Pepsi and they couldn’t get that. However, they did manage to get Doritos, Oreos, and Kit Kat, which I know they don’t usually stock on-board. 

On the pre-cruise questionaire it asked about beverages

So we always had large quantities of

San Pellegrino
Milk
Chocolate Milk
Red Bull

As well as the standard Evian that just comes stocked in the room.
If you want redbull in the room they will stock...there was always 8 sitting there for me.  I also told them I liked them room temp so they never never ground cold ones or put in the fridge