Joe01

Harmony LIVE ~ 6/30 & 7/7 ~ Eastern/Western Caribbean

8 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

What are the ports...for me it would be Europe every time but you are from there so the novelty isn’t there but maybe easier to travel?  Jane

Bayonne, Port Canaveral, Perfect Day at CocoCay, Nassau for Oasis.

Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Marseilles, La Spezia, Civitavecchia, Naples for Allure. 

I've been to all of these ports, and personally, the ports on both suck with one good one each (CocoCay and Naples). The Allure itinerary might look attractive to an American but as a European, my opinion is that this is a very basic Med itinerary and I cannot, for the life of me, understand why they have only 1 at sea day on an Oasis Class (it has to be 3, even 2 didn't work on the 2nd leg of this cruise). Marseilles is a total waste and should have been cut from this itinerary years ago (and that's from someone who likes France). The Med itinerary that you are doing on Vision is one of the best for people trying to tour Europe.

Barcelona is a shorter flight, but Bayonne is by far the easiest US departure port for me to sail from as United offers direct flights from both Glasgow & Edinburgh to Newark.

7 hours ago, Joe01 said:

More photos tonight!

What is your vote - amped Oasis from NJ or amped Allure from Barcelona? Decisions, decisions...

If you solely want the ship and another visit to Perfect Day, then I would say go for amped Oasis. Her sailings from NJ will be, for me at least, boring beyond belief. Only ports she'll ever see are Port Canaveral, Nassau, and Coco Cay, so her time in NJ will truly be about making the ship the destination and checking out Perfect Day.