Joe01

Harmony LIVE ~ 6/30 & 7/7 ~ Eastern/Western Caribbean

5 hours ago, Traveler said:

Interested to know how do you like this hotel and it's condition. Asking as it's offered many time to book using Marriot/Sheraton points and we wonder if it's a good option for our next time to Orlando

I like it. The room is large and the beds are extremely comfortable. It does look a bit tired in places but I'm satisfied with it.

Just now, Cruzinfun said:

What a lovely start so far! And you're already in Florida and yum cheesecake!!  I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures on ship in the next few weeks.

Thank you!

On 6/27/2019 at 8:04 AM, Joe01 said:

At the airport - flight leaving at 0940. Time to go! Long day ahead, wish me luck.

Will miss proper breakfasts on the ship - this is this morning's offering:

IMG_1619.JPG

You won't miss proper breakfasts on the ship. This is pretty much what my husband has every, single day!

1 minute ago, hayley_bopp said:

You won't miss proper breakfasts on the ship. This is pretty much what my husband has every, single day!

Except for the haggis. I'm fairly sure he had black pudding at least a couple of times but that was in the Med. They also had 'proper' bacon as well as the American stuff. This could just be for European sailings but regardless, you'll get pretty close to a 'full English'.

2 hours ago, hayley_bopp said:

Except for the haggis. I'm fairly sure he had black pudding at least a couple of times but that was in the Med. They also had 'proper' bacon as well as the American stuff. This could just be for European sailings but regardless, you'll get pretty close to a 'full English'.

They don't have much of these offerings on USA based ships. Breakfasts were a bit rubbish on my last 2 sailings from the States (AN 2016 & HM 2017).

41 minutes ago, Cruising to Retirement! said:

Hey Joe, Hope your sailaway was a blast?  How do you like Harmony so far?  Can't wait to hear what you think!

Enjoy!!!!  Michelle

I'm still in Orlando - did I miss the ship? 

Boarding tomorrow - will let you know my thoughts. 🙂

4 hours ago, Joe01 said:

I'm still in Orlando - did I miss the ship? 

Boarding tomorrow - will let you know my thoughts. 🙂

Oh so sorry!  I'm not sure why I thought it was Saturday since we are on this exact itinerary SUNDAY, September 1st so no excuses!  Best news is tomorrow is cruise day!  Yeah!  Happy for you and the family!

Enjoy the sailaway!  Michelle

Boarded around 3 hours ago.

Had great fun so far. Was in the elevator with Captain Gus - told him that Harmony is better than Symphony. 😂

Been around the entire ship, feeling at home.

In a virtual balcony cabin on Deck 6 forward. Currently watching Marc's ship tour - he seems to have Abe Hughes doing the voiceover for some of the venues. Speaking of Cruise Directors, I have also seen Dennis Charles onboard.

32 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

Boarded around 3 hours ago.

Had great fun so far. Was in the elevator with Captain Gus - told him that Harmony is better than Symphony. 😂

Been around the entire ship, feeling at home.

In a virtual balcony cabin on Deck 6 forward. Currently watching Marc's ship tour - he seems to have Abe Hughes doing the voiceover for some of the venues. Speaking of Cruise Directors, I have also seen Dennis Charles onboard.

Have a wonderful cruise 

8 hours ago, Joe01 said:

Just had first Alpha Alpha Alpha call.

This call scares me - I remember hearing it when a child drowned in the pool on Anthem.

My friend, and her family, are on Allure and shortly after sail away this afternoon (about an hour or so out of port) they had a medical emergency (not my friends thankfully).

They had to head back to Ft. Lauderdale... she just updated me and explained that the passenger was unloaded onto a tender near the port.

Very scary, I hope that passenger is doing OK!

Two major improvements since last time:

1) Sorrento's - The new pizza is absolutely delicious. The old one was OK but this tastes like actual pizza.

2) Cruise Director - Well, this one should be obvious given who I had last time on HM. Glad that we have someone that has plenty of joie de vivre for a change.

The ship overall seems to have a warm and enjoyable vibe. Windjammer has great selection of food so far, all crew and fellow guests are friendly.

Any Q's - ask away! Except for anything alcohol/bar related, I don't know anything about that.

12 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

My friend, and her family, are on Allure and shortly after sail away this afternoon (about an hour or so out of port) they had a medical emergency (not my friends thankfully).

They had to head back to Ft. Lauderdale... she just updated me and explained that the passenger was unloaded onto a tender near the port.

Very scary, I hope that passenger is doing OK!

I heard it was a broken leg on Facebook but I don't have that confirmed.  Jane