princevaliantus

The End To Future Cuba Cruises!!

On 4/19/2019 at 7:13 PM, Phillip Diamond Plus said:

Empress would be a great ship for Bermuda! I believe that Empress might be small enough to dock In Hamilton and St. Georges like ships used to do. But I'm not sure???

It can, we sailed on the Empress out of Phila to Bermuda (Hamilton & St George) several times a few (well many) years back.  That was one of our favorite itineraries, much nicer than sailing into the generic Naval dockyard.  If they can no longer sail to Cuba maybe they can use the Empress for the Phila to Bermuda run again!

2 hours ago, Jjohnb said:

It can, we sailed on the Empress out of Phila to Bermuda (Hamilton & St George) several times a few (well many) years back.  That was one of our favorite itineraries, much nicer than sailing into the generic Naval dockyard.  If they can no longer sail to Cuba maybe they can use the Empress for the Phila to Bermuda run again!

Where in Philly did this dock?

We sailed her (the Nordic Empress back then) to Bermuda from NYC back in 2002.  Docked at the Naval Yard then moved to Hamilton.  It was a wonderful cruise!

On 5/3/2019 at 1:05 PM, Jjohnb said:

I wonder call the Royal naval Dockyard "Generic" --- It's actually quite nice there.  Of course, there's been a huge emphasis on developing that end of the island.

On 5/14/2019 at 3:45 PM, Pooch said:

We sailed her (the Nordic Empress back then) to Bermuda from NYC back in 2002.  Docked at the Naval Yard then moved to Hamilton.  It was a wonderful cruise!

We sailed the Song of America in 1997, docked two nights in Hamilton and one night in St. George's.  It was great! 

11 hours ago, Fairlynew said:

I just checked and RC now has scheduled sailings to Cuba through April 2020, so they must feel confident that the sailings will continue.

So much for Chicken Little and the sky's falling! LOL!!!!

On 4/17/2019 at 2:50 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

I wonder if they'd fit under the Duluth Harbor Lift Bridge?  (I'm still pushing for cruises out of Minnesota/Wisconsin).

#agirlcandream #ibelieveinme

Or fit in the St. Lawrence Seaway Locks in Massena, NY?  Quebec City to New Orleans.  That would be cool.