Jump to content

Caribbean II schedule


Recommended Posts

That will be Explorer's second season doing those itineraries, and she will have been amplified by that time. 

Vision is a bit of a downgrade from Serenade though, no getting around that. 

Interesting to see Adventure heading to Galveston. 

Seems pretty safe to say that Odyssey will be taking over the 6/8 night itineraries from Fort Lauderdale. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ltw said:

That will be Explorer's second season doing those itineraries, and she will have been amplified by that time. 

Vision is a bit of a downgrade from Serenade though, no getting around that. 

Interesting to see Adventure heading to Galveston. 

Seems pretty safe to say that Odyssey will be taking over the 6/8 night itineraries from Fort Lauderdale. 

I am hoping so badly Odyssey takes over the 6-8 night Ft. Lauderdale runs. I know I am in the minority and people want it in NJ.. But I am a Florida girl and I have been dying for a quantum class ship to leave from Florida

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ltw said:

That will be Explorer's second season doing those itineraries, and she will have been amplified by that time. 

Vision is a bit of a downgrade from Serenade though, no getting around that. 

Interesting to see Adventure heading to Galveston. 

Seems pretty safe to say that Odyssey will be taking over the 6/8 night itineraries from Fort Lauderdale. 

My bet is that Odyssey will be in fort lauderdale during the fall of 2020 because the sailings during that season aren't available, and then reposition to NJ during the winter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking at the new cruises, they seem expensive to me. Looking at at 9 night Explorer cruise in March 2021 it would be $14,000 NZD for the same GS cabin we have just had for 9 nights. We paid $4500 NZD for that cruise to the South Pacific. Even allowing for the fact Explorer has been amp’d I don’t think I would pay that much. With current promotions that is discounted from $19,500.

Hopefully  you get better pricing in the US.

$14,000 NZD = $9575 USD

$4500 NZD = $3080 USD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Antonio said:

My bet is that Odyssey will be in fort lauderdale during the fall of 2020 because the sailings during that season aren't available, and then reposition to NJ during the winter

Imo, she’ll stay in Fort Lauderdale through April 2021. 

Anthem is already available for booking from NJ through that time and I don’t see them adding a second Quantum Class ship. There are also port bookings at Grand Cayman every other week for Royal under the name “Spectrum Two.”

The question for me is how her schedule works in Fort Lauderdale. The 6/8 nighters are the only ones not yet assigned a ship, but that would require Odyssey to use T29 (not very tech friendly). The Saturday spot at T18 is open though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/12/2019 at 9:37 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

How do you know what is new for the Caribbean cruises? I've been searching and can't find anything different than yesterday (clearly I'm not looking at the right things though)

Never mind, I figured it out.

What did you figure out? Send me a PM please.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, ericreev said:

Can’t wait. I like the the voyager class ships. It will definitely make the 4 and 5 night Mexico cruises more appealing from galveston.

 

eric reeves

I just wish they would consider a stop in New Orleans or Tampa Bay, even Key West, than on to maybe the Cayman(to satisfy an Intl port), whatever combination, for one of their 4 and/or 5 night itinerary. I honestly don't see why that would be an issue. Make it happen Royal...show some versatility.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

I just wish they would consider a stop in New Orleans or Tampa Bay, even Key West, than on to maybe the Cayman(to satisfy an Intl port), whatever combination, for one of their 4 and/or 5 night itinerary. I honestly don't see why that would be an issue. Make it happen Royal...show some versatility.

 Voyager class can't fit into Tampa or Key West.

It takes 10 hours to sail up the Mississippi into New Orleans.  Spend the day there and another 10 hours to the Gulf means there is not enough time to sail through the Gulf to reach the Caymans and make it back on a short itinerary.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, twangster said:

 Voyager class can't fit into Tampa or Key West.

It takes 10 hours to sail up the Mississippi into New Orleans.  Spend the day there and another 10 hours to the Gulf means there is not enough time to sail through the Gulf to reach the Caymans and make it back on a short itinerary.  

I am curious why cant Voyager class fit into Key West? I noticed that Celebrity Solstice class ships can fit into key west and I looked it up the solstice class is actually about 20 feet longer than voyager class.. does it more have to do with width? Or just something else entirely? just curious if you happen to know the answer to this.??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

I am curious why cant Voyager class fit into Key West? I noticed that Celebrity Solstice class ships can fit into key west and I looked it up the solstice class is actually about 20 feet longer than voyager class.. does it more have to do with width? Or just something else entirely? just curious if you happen to know the answer to this.??

Not sure if it's draft, beam or that extra 18,000 GT.

The channel into KW is very restrictive.

Passenger count could be a factor.  The topic of larger ships in KW is very controversial.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, twangster said:

 Voyager class can't fit into Tampa or Key West.

It takes 10 hours to sail up the Mississippi into New Orleans.  Spend the day there and another 10 hours to the Gulf means there is not enough time to sail through the Gulf to reach the Caymans and make it back on a short itinerary.  

Hmmm...if Adventure OTS leaves the Galveston port at 4p on a 5N cruise, normal cruising speed(24knots) it can arrive at St. George, Grand Cayman(956 nau mil/1day 16hrs) @ 5am local on the third day(the 2nd day/night being a sea day)...leave Cayman at 4pm(3rd night) 4th day/night being a sea day, and arriving in NO(855 nau mil/1day 12hrs) at 8am local on the 5th day. Leave NO at 4pm(5th night) and arrive back in Galveston at 8am(390 nau mil/16hrs). 

I don't see why that is not possible.

 

One can also go the other way...leave Galveston at 4p(1st night) to arrive at NO 8a(2nd day). Leave NO(2nd night) at 6p, sea day(3rd day/night), arrive in the Cayman at 6a(on 4th day). Leave Cayman 4p(4th night), sea day(5th day/night), arrive back at Galveston 8am. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

Hmmm...if Adventure OTS leaves the Galveston port at 4p on a 5N cruise, normal cruising speed(24knots) it can arrive at St. George, Grand Cayman(956 nau mil/1day 16hrs) @ 5am local on the third day(the 2nd day/night being a sea day)...leave Cayman at 4pm(3rd night) 4th day/night being a sea day, and arriving in NO(855 nau mil/1day 12hrs) at 8am local on the 5th day. Leave NO at 4pm(5th night) and arrive back in Galveston at 8am(390 nau mil/16hrs). 

I don't see why that is not possible.

First of all Adventure can't go 24 knots anymore (since adding slides) and secondly it can only do 8 knots average up the Mississippi.  If the Captain tried to run at 20 knots up the Mississippi he would lose his license.  Also consider a ship burns 200% more fuel at full speed.   

Secondly, no deployment plan can assume full speed all the time.  They have to build in buffers to allow for normal delays including medical, pilot, port traffic, weather and passengers who refuse to show up on time.  They leave some room to crank up to full speed to overcome delays.

Re-run your numbers assuming an average speed of 13 knots knowing that some legs can run at a higher speed and some legs must operate at a lower speed and they need buffers to accomodate normal wait times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are STILL NO itineraries leaving out of Fort Lauderdale, FL for the months of June, July, August, September, October 2020!!! Are they NOT going to have ANY ships leaving this port? Is Hurricane Season scaring them THAT much!? Someone tell me what happened to this port and WHY aren't there any cruises from Fort Lauderdale at all for this timeframe? Caribbean Phase II Release?! I have been waiting for this?!! NOT HAPPY!  :40_rage:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:37 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

How do you know what is new for the Caribbean cruises? I've been searching and can't find anything different than yesterday (clearly I'm not looking at the right things though)

Never mind, I figured it out.

Can you show me where you found anything leaving Fort Lauderdale, FL from June - October 2020? It has been like this FOREVER!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CruisingKitty said:

Can you show me where you found anything leaving Fort Lauderdale, FL from June - October 2020? It has been like this FOREVER!

I have been going on Royal Caribbean cruises for 15 years and have been on 53 cruises. Also I live in Ft. Lauderdale and I hate to tell you this but for the past 15 years during the months you are mentioning there is only been 1-2 ships either leaving out of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. That year if you want a cruise during that time period you have to leave out of Miami and go on Symphony. Reason for that is Oasis is going to NJ for the summer, Allure is going to Europe for its big dry dock, and Harmony will be in port Canaveral. All the other ships that are in Ft. Lauderdale during Nov-Apr all move to their homeports for the summer which are either in Europe or Alaska.. This is done every year so I am little confused why your confused? I mean no disrespect but like I said this is done every year lol. Yes I will admit usually there is Allure in Ft. Lauderdale and then a boat in Miami but this can't happen that way because Anthem is getting a dry dock so they had to move Oasis to NJ for the summer.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

I have been going on Royal Caribbean cruises for 15 years and have been on 53 cruises. Also I live in Ft. Lauderdale and I hate to tell you this but for the past 15 years during the months you are mentioning there is only been 1-2 ships either leaving out of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. That year if you want a cruise during that time period you have to leave out of Miami and go on Symphony. Reason for that is Oasis is going to NJ for the summer, Allure is going to Europe for its big dry dock, and Harmony will be in port Canaveral. All the other ships that are in Ft. Lauderdale during Nov-Apr all move to their homeports for the summer which are either in Europe or Alaska.. This is done every year so I am little confused why your confused? I mean no disrespect but like I said this is done every year lol. Yes I will admit usually there is Allure in Ft. Lauderdale and then a boat in Miami but this can't happen that way because Anthem is getting a dry dock so they had to move Oasis to NJ for the summer.. 

I normally do not cruise during the "hurricane season" so I guess I have not paid that much attention to the schedule during those months. I'm trying to help my daughter plan her wedding and she was set on an Oct 2020 time. I have been waiting for the Phase II Caribbean Schedule to be released, thinking all-the-while they will have the Fort Lauderdale dates included. So this is why I'm Frustrated & Confused.  :85_scream_cat:  She is certainly going to be quite he "Bridezilla" when I have to inform her that they are NEVER going to have dates for this month & year from THAT PORT. I really wish someone had chatted me up the last time I mentioned it when I joined this blog. Thank you for sharing your vast cruising knowledge with me. Clearly I'm not a diamond...only a diamond in the rough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CruisingKitty said:

I normally do not cruise during the "hurricane season" so I guess I have not paid that much attention to the schedule during those months. I'm trying to help my daughter plan her wedding and she was set on an Oct 2020 time. I have been waiting for the Phase II Caribbean Schedule to be released, thinking all-the-while they will have the Fort Lauderdale dates included. So this is why I'm Frustrated & Confused.  :85_scream_cat:  She is certainly going to be quite he "Bridezilla" when I have to inform her that they are NEVER going to have dates for this month & year from THAT PORT. I really wish someone had chatted me up the last time I mentioned it when I joined this blog. Thank you for sharing your vast cruising knowledge with me. Clearly I'm not a diamond...only a diamond in the rough.

No problem. Sorry this Is happening to you.. But is there a reason they would not enjoy Symphony or Navigator? its only a 30 min drive from Ft. Lauderdale. Both are amazing ships 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, twangster said:

First of all Adventure can't go 24 knots anymore (since adding slides) and secondly it can only do 8 knots average up the Mississippi.  If the Captain tried to run at 20 knots up the Mississippi he would lose his license.  Also consider a ship burns 200% more fuel at full speed.   

Secondly, no deployment plan can assume full speed all the time.  They have to build in buffers to allow for normal delays including medical, pilot, port traffic, weather and passengers who refuse to show up on time.  They leave some room to crank up to full speed to overcome delays.

Re-run your numbers assuming an average speed of 13 knots knowing that some legs can run at a higher speed and some legs must operate at a lower speed and they need buffers to accomodate normal wait times.

Ok...great info & insight...thanks dude.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AGSLC5 said:

No problem. Sorry this Is happening to you.. But is there a reason they would not enjoy Symphony or Navigator? its only a 30 min drive from Ft. Lauderdale. Both are amazing ships 

She has a specific cruise she wants to book and will only go Oct 2020 and so we will be traveling out of a different port - that all. It will be great. :79_smiley_cat: Thanks again.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Sweety said:

@twangster, @WAAAYTOOO , I am thinking about booking Oasis nxt year. I want to surprise hubby. What did you like about the ship?

Where to start?  I think we all are eagerly awaiting to hear what her makeover will look like.  My expectation is that she will in places look more like Symphony.  She may even evolve from Symphony in certain areas such as a Bamboo Room.  Who knows?  Central Park maintains a strong attraction for me.  The depth of specialty dining is attractive.  The variety of the neighborhoods.  The Sky and Star class suite experience really sets Oasis class apart if you can entertain suites.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, CruisingKitty said:

Can you show me where you found anything leaving Fort Lauderdale, FL from June - October 2020? It has been like this FOREVER!

@CruisingKitty and @tiny260 (I couldn't figure out how to send a PM, lol) - I thought I'd figured it out, and then realized I'd figured nothing out. Until Matt put the info out about which ships were involved I had no idea. The only thing I realized was that I was looking for Caribbean dates after March 2021, and nothing has yet been released that far out. Although I have one cruise in Feb 2020, and one in Oct 2020, so it's looking kind of bare in between ..... hmmmmmm....what to do??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

@CruisingKitty and @tiny260 (I couldn't figure out how to send a PM, lol) - I thought I'd figured it out, and then realized I'd figured nothing out. Until Matt put the info out about which ships were involved I had no idea. The only thing I realized was that I was looking for Caribbean dates after March 2021, and nothing has yet been released that far out. Although I have one cruise in Feb 2020, and one in Oct 2020, so it's looking kind of bare in between ..... hmmmmmm....what to do??

nothing will be released for May 2021 and beyond until next years release schedule.. I know it sucks waiting lol... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

@CruisingKitty and @tiny260 (I couldn't figure out how to send a PM, lol) - I thought I'd figured it out, and then realized I'd figured nothing out. Until Matt put the info out about which ships were involved I had no idea. The only thing I realized was that I was looking for Caribbean dates after March 2021, and nothing has yet been released that far out. Although I have one cruise in Feb 2020, and one in Oct 2020, so it's looking kind of bare in between ..... hmmmmmm....what to do??

Got it, I had not looked on the main blog page, I was sooooo confused last night, thought I had missed how to pick them out, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sweety said:

@twangster, @WAAAYTOOO , I am thinking about booking Oasis nxt year. I want to surprise hubby. What did you like about the ship?

I am booked on Oasis in Dec 2019 and again in Dec 2020 - both Star Class. I can’t WAIT to see the Amped Oasis.  We are on the second sailing after she comes back from being Amped.  I love all of the O class ships so you will not hear any discouragement coming from me !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I don't. That's my point. This was copied from Matt's blog on the new deployment schedule. 

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/03/13/royal-caribbean-announces-new-winter-2020-2021-caribbean-sailings

Found it guys.. Matts post is slightly misleading. You were all looking in 2020 because the post says Rhapsody returns in 2020.. BUT it returns Nov 2020 which means it goes all the way through until Apr 2021.. The Panama Canal cruise is Feb 2 2021 its listed as an 11 night Western Caribbean cruise..  Below is the actual itinerary for the cruise.. 

 

Tue 02Feb2021 Tampa, Florida - 4:00 PM Boarding
Wed 03Feb2021 Key West, Florida 11:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked
Thu 04Feb2021 Cruising - - Cruising
Fri 05Feb2021 George Town, Grand Cayman 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Tendered
Sat 06Feb2021 Cruising - - Cruising
Sun 07Feb2021 Cartagena, Colombia 7:00 AM 4:00 PM Docked
Mon 08Feb2021 Panama Canal, Panama 7:00 AM 3:00 PM Cruising
Mon 08Feb2021 Colon, Panama 4:30 PM 10:00 PM Docked
Tue 09Feb2021 Puerto Limon, Costa Rica 9:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked
Wed 10Feb2021 Cruising - - Cruising
Thu 11Feb2021 Cozumel, Mexico 10:00 AM 8:00 PM Docked
Fri 12Feb2021 Cruising - - Cruising
Sat 13Feb2021 Tampa, Florida 8:00 AM - Departure

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

Found it guys.. Matts post is slightly misleading. You were all looking in 2020 because the post says Rhapsody returns in 2020.. BUT it returns Nov 2020 which means it goes all the way through until Apr 2021.. The Panama Canal cruise is Feb 2 2021 its listed as an 11 night Western Caribbean cruise..  Below is the actual itinerary for the cruise.. 

 

Tue 02Feb2021 Tampa, Florida - 4:00 PM Boarding
Wed 03Feb2021 Key West, Florida 11:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked
Thu 04Feb2021 Cruising - - Cruising
Fri 05Feb2021 George Town, Grand Cayman 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Tendered
Sat 06Feb2021 Cruising - - Cruising
Sun 07Feb2021 Cartagena, Colombia 7:00 AM 4:00 PM Docked
Mon 08Feb2021 Panama Canal, Panama 7:00 AM 3:00 PM Cruising
Mon 08Feb2021 Colon, Panama 4:30 PM 10:00 PM Docked
Tue 09Feb2021 Puerto Limon, Costa Rica 9:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked
Wed 10Feb2021 Cruising - - Cruising
Thu 11Feb2021 Cozumel, Mexico 10:00 AM 8:00 PM Docked
Fri 12Feb2021 Cruising - - Cruising
Sat 13Feb2021 Tampa, Florida 8:00 AM - Departure

 

Ah, so looking under Panama Canal skipped it.  Thanks!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...