Royal Caribbean Blog

Anthem Junior vs Grand Suite 1 BR

Junior Suites on the Anthem are nice especially the ones with the large balcony.  Grand Suites are better.  You can go to the Coastal Kitchen for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Junior suites only allow you to go to dinner in the Coastal Kitchen.   If you don't like something on the evening menu you can order something from the main dinning room and your waiter will get it for you.  The coastal Kitchen is a beautiful restaurant at the 14th floor with windows.    You also get priority embarkation and debarkation.  Concierge service and priority reservations for restaurants, theater, etc., is a plus.  Getting on the ship there is also an area designated only for the suites. which is nice.  

VIP seating at the pool is also a perk.  Free room service is included along with a coffee and tea pot.   In addition, for a small charge a cabana for a special area on CoCo Cay can be had which includes lunch....only for Suites.  For those who haven't been to CoCo Cay it is awesome.  

I am currently diamond plus  but with the double points Royal is offering, it won't be long to get to a higher status.  I cruise a lot during the year.  With all the cancellations in 2020 I now have booked 6 cruise for 2021......fingers crossed we will finally get to sail....safety first though.  Looking forward to getting on the Anthem in March, 2021.  

While I am generally a fan of the Grand Suite, I was seriously disappointed with the GS on Anthem. It is really small and with that [TV] wall between the “living room” and the bedroom, it seems even smaller than a JS.

If you are looking for suite amenities then you must go with a GS or higher but don’t get the GS looking for space.  You will probably be disappointed. 

To suite or not to suite...that is the question.🤔

As already posted above, there are many perks and advantages that come with suites that make them a very attractive option and well worth the cost. Especially if, like me, your time on board is more important than the cruise itinerary. Keep in mind that different ships, as well as different cruise home ports, may not have the very same perks available. Plus, your loyalty status comes with certain perks as you rise through the levels. There is also the option of purchasing the Key which comes with perks such as priority boarding, disembarkation at ports and final destination, internet, embarkation day Chops Grille lunch, private times at some of the venues, priority seating at shows..etc. Again, some of these Key perks vary depending on the ship and cruise home port.

Take time to check out the pricing and perks of each to see which is best for you. Enjoy your cruise!

15 hours ago, Janice Lee said:

In addition, for a small charge a cabana for a special area on CoCo Cay can be had which includes lunch....only for Suites.  For those who haven't been to CoCo Cay it is awesome.  

Curious when you experienced a suites only perk on CocoCay.  I've not experienced that on CocoCay, only at Labadee.   The lack of a suite perk was disappointing for many so I'm trying to determine if this is a recent development at CocoCay or something from a while ago.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Curious when you experienced a suites only perk on CocoCay.  I've not experienced that on CocoCay, only at Labadee.   The lack of a suite perk was disappointing for many so I'm trying to determine if this is a recent development at CocoCay or something from a while ago.

Thanks.

I am wondering about this and the VIP pool seating this poster is talking about. We chose the JS suite because CK dinner and priority embarkation (plus double points) were really the biggest draws... but if the Coco Cay and pool (aside frome the suite sundeck) are part of the deal I'd upgrade.

• 5 weeks later...

I typically reference the image below when running through this choice.

Royal Suite Class | Luxury Cruise Rooms | Royal Caribbean Cruises

We CONSTANTLY have this debate every time I start looking at new cruises (which feels like it's at least quarterly). I break it down by cost for amenities that we will actually use. I break everything up by cost (much to my spouse's dismay 🤣). Value can be such a subjective term, so I add some objectivity to the mix.

Ultimately I would ask some general question. How many will be cruising in your party? Will you want internet? If so, how many devices do you want to have access? Are you purchasing the UBP or UDP? How much is exclusivity worth to you with regards to the sky lounge access, concierge access, or CK for lunch? Those are the biggest differences. Then I would break everything up by overall cost and compare the two. 

My personal opinion is: the cost difference between Junior Suite/Sea Class to Grande Suite/Sky Class isn't worth the cost (not at $1500 at least... but this is ALSO spoken as someone who has never cruised Sky Class or above). Because of the perks we normally buy, the transition from Junior Suite/Sea Class to Star Class would make a lot more sense.

Also of note, with the addition of The Key, you can now buy some of the Sky Class exclusives plus have internet access for all members (for less than 1/3rd of the price). Might be a better value if you're on the fence!

Screenshot 2021-01-14 041932.png