Royal Caribbean Blog

17 hours ago, hoofbeats95 said:

I'm new and looking to book my first cruise with RC for March 2019. Their site says you have 48 hours after reservation for a price match. But reading this that doesn't seem true. What is the official policy? 

The 48 hour rule is about a no questions asked price change.

Beyond that, residents of US, Canada or Australia can re-price up until final payment date if there is a price drop.

I think the 48 hour price match thing is more a feature they advertise to all, whereas a lot of people are unaware of the nuances of re-pricing down the line.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2018 at 9:18 AM, Matt said:

You can re-price and/or change rooms on the same sailing. You just cannot cancel or change sail dates/ships without incurring the change fee.

Any data points on re-pricing from a "traditional" fare to kids sail free?  I feel like what I see on a non-refundable fare for March 2017 but I usually mail a KSF in the summer and that would make  it a no-brainer.  

17 hours ago, vithibee said:

Any data points on re-pricing from a "traditional" fare to kids sail free?  I feel like what I see on a non-refundable fare for March 2017 but I usually mail a KSF in the summer and that would make  it a no-brainer.  

I booked 1D Ocean View Balcony on Symphony for December 2018 sailing in late February just before the last KSF promotion rolled out with NRD.  When I checked again on the next weekend, saw the KSF promotion and noticed a substantial price drop.  Was able to contact the TA on 1 Mar and got a huge price drop of $1070.  :1_grinning:  

• 1 year later...