New 2019-2020 itineraries

Thought I would start a new thread with this one.  Anyone get trigger happy and book a new sailing today? 

I just booked Symphony for July 2019!  So excited!  I have been itching to book this one since Symphony itineraries first came out.  But since I am not willing to go to Europe this summer and when it arrives in Florida I won't be able to get off work, I had to wait until now.  The prices are most definitely not cheap!  However, I pretty much knew I was going summer 2019 regardless.  The good news is that I had to tell my inner control freak to get lost and book with a TA for this one.  Some of you may know from my previous posts I don't like giving up control over my bookings but this one TA that I sometimes go with was able to get me the cabin I want (for now) for $1300 US less than what RC is showing online!  Could not turn that down!  

Anyway, anyone else book anything today?

9 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

Harmony has been on my to do list but nothing in my 2019 windows looked good pricewise and I don't know my 2020 windows yet to look for.

Mariner next week might be a good fit for a couple of slots in the calendar ... will see what the price looks like.

Like I said in that other post...I have noticed that Harmony just keeps going up, not down.  

My cruise on Harmony (2 people, JS)  in August 2017 I got for $3865US.  We later upgraded to a GS but that's another story.  Same cruise, same cabin for this coming July 2018 on Harmony we booked for $4550US.  I might cancel this one depending on how reviews go for the new MSC Seaside coming up.  Anyway, this sailing in July 2018 I booked in March 2017.  Right now, when I check online, a JS for July 2018 is going for $7043US!

So, I generally try to book as soon as sailings open up for cruises that I know for sure I want to go on.  I have been monitoring this for a while and prices just rise as the date goes on.  Great rates don't happen until about 45-60 days prior to sailing.  It is then that I usually upgrade if the price is right.  The BOGO or other sales come and go but I still think the overall price rises.  And that "New ship so more expensive, it will go down later" theory does not always hold true.  At least not in this case for Harmony.

I looked at and compared Junior suites (Sea Class) on Symphony and Allure same week July 2019, basically everything was the same, there was only difference in price was $300.00, then I compared Grand Suites (Sky Class), basically the same on both ships, bigger price difference, Symphony was $1500.00 more.

So I guess I'm saying the higher Class Level you go up the bigger the gap might become. I did not compare a Star Class room.

Considering a Harmony June 16 2019 sailing.  Inside virtual balcony( booking states Central Park view?) for less than a regular inside.  Never had a virtual balcony.  Price is less than I have ever seen for a Harmony summer sailing.  Other intriguing aspect is that the itinerary hits two places we have never been, Roatan and Costa Maya.  Plus, the new and improved CoCoCay and Cozumel.  Wasn’t even considering booking until I saw the price and itinerary.  Got a 24 hour hold to think about it.  

1 hour ago, jticarruthers said:

Good to see Royal IT is still on the ball .... just got my email letting me know I have an extra day to book my cruise before the public due to C&A Status .... pretty sure that day was yesterday though .... if the public was even locked out yesterday ...

I got the same email.  I laughed too when I saw it, but of course, 98% of its guests probably don't read sites like this, so to them, it is news.

2 hours ago, jticarruthers said:

Good to see Royal IT is still on the ball .... just got my email letting me know I have an extra day to book my cruise before the public due to C&A Status .... pretty sure that day was yesterday though .... if the public was even locked out yesterday ...

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

I got the same email.  I laughed too when I saw it, but of course, 98% of its guests probably don't read sites like this, so to them, it is news.

I never even got the email.....

Just now, KathyC said:

Neither my husband or I get the e-mails, and we both have C&A accounts.  I bet we checked a box somewhere along the line that said not to send them. 

Don't worry...i can hook you up...what's your email address... who knows...you might win the lottery in S. Africa...I hear rumors that there lottery pays out pretty good.

3 hours ago, KathyC said:

Neither my husband or I get the e-mails, and we both have C&A accounts.  I bet we checked a box somewhere along the line that said not to send them. 

I have checked the box over and over again and called them 3 times over the last year to ask them to add me to the mailing list and nothing.

Its a product of what RCI calls "information services" ... I never got anything for years, and then suddenly one day the flood gates opened. I like to think that a mouse chewed a wire somewhere in Miami and voila a section of the database was exposed to seawater and the emails started flowing. Its as likely as any other explanation ...

Guest toodle68

I have been away so I obviously missed something.. what itineraries for 2019 are becoming available?  I thought they were all released in March..  are trips for June 2019 for Alaska being released any time soon?

Just now, toodle68 said:

I have been away so I obviously missed something.. what itineraries for 2019 are becoming available?  I thought they were all released in March..  are trips for June 2019 for Alaska being released any time soon?

Here's a schedule of when itineraries will be released: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/11/07/royal-caribbean-announces-new-ship-deployments-2019-2020-cruise-season

You're right that historically they were released in early spring, but RC changed it up this year with some of the itineraries being announced earlier.

• 3 months later...
On 11/14/2017 at 2:09 PM, Sabrinaklai said:

Like I said in that other post...I have noticed that Harmony just keeps going up, not down.  

My cruise on Harmony (2 people, JS)  in August 2017 I got for $3865US.  We later upgraded to a GS but that's another story.  Same cruise, same cabin for this coming July 2018 on Harmony we booked for $4550US.  I might cancel this one depending on how reviews go for the new MSC Seaside coming up.  Anyway, this sailing in July 2018 I booked in March 2017.  Right now, when I check online, a JS for July 2018 is going for $7043US!

So, I generally try to book as soon as sailings open up for cruises that I know for sure I want to go on.  I have been monitoring this for a while and prices just rise as the date goes on.  Great rates don't happen until about 45-60 days prior to sailing.  It is then that I usually upgrade if the price is right.  The BOGO or other sales come and go but I still think the overall price rises.  And that "New ship so more expensive, it will go down later" theory does not always hold true.  At least not in this case for Harmony.

Just noticed this thread yesterday.  My husband and I are sailing on the Harmony in September of this year for the first time.  We were booked in a 2C balcony.  We love junior suites, but I usually can't justify the higher price.  My original price for the 2C (booked on 3/26/17) was $2,313.  Last December there was a sale and price came down to $2,075.  I almost never see price drops now, so I was shocked.  (I saved over $250 on a 2019 cruise that same day too.  It was a good day!)  Anyway,  when I read this post, I decided to check the price of junior suites for our September 2018 Harmony trip.  I typically believe if the difference between the balcony and JS is in the $500 - $700 range, it is worth the increase.  Price for the JS was $3,067, BUT it came with $100 OBC and free gratuities.  Further justification for the upgrade, it is a much bigger cabin and we can eat in the Coastal Kitchen for dinner!  The balcony cabins on the Oasis ships seem so tight.  (We have had 3 on Oasis and 1 on Allure.)  So, we decided the $1,000 upgrade was worth it.  We got a cabin on the bump out, so the balcony will be bigger too.  VERY EXCITED for our first Harmony trip in a junior suite!  So, @Sabrinaklai thanks for starting the thought process to my Harmony junior suite.  :10_wink:

29 minutes ago, Dawn T. said:

Just noticed this thread yesterday.  My husband and I are sailing on the Harmony in September of this year for the first time.  We were booked in a 2C balcony.  We love junior suites, but I usually can't justify the higher price.  My original price for the 2C (booked on 3/26/17) was $2,313.  Last December there was a sale and price came down to $2,075.  I almost never see price drops now, so I was shocked.  (I saved over $250 on a 2019 cruise that same day too.  It was a good day!)  Anyway,  when I read this post, I decided to check the price of junior suites for our September 2018 Harmony trip.  I typically believe if the difference between the balcony and JS is in the $500 - $700 range, it is worth the increase.  Price for the JS was $3,067, BUT it came with $100 OBC and free gratuities.  Further justification for the upgrade, it is a much bigger cabin and we can eat in the Coastal Kitchen for dinner!  The balcony cabins on the Oasis ships seem so tight.  (We have had 3 on Oasis and 1 on Allure.)  So, we decided the $1,000 upgrade was worth it.  We got a cabin on the bump out, so the balcony will be bigger too.  VERY EXCITED for our first Harmony trip in a junior suite!  So, @Sabrinaklai thanks for starting the thought process to my Harmony junior suite.  :10_wink:

Next step: monitor for 45-60 day price drops and up it to a GS or better ?

Great news though on the upgrade!