Wonder or Symphony

In your opinion, what is the better ship? We just got off Odyssey and realized we will stick with Oasis class. We have only been on Allure previously and I'm not sure which one to pick. They both look fun!

Symphony is the only Oasis class ship I'm missing and I'm Wonder's biggest fan but I'd choose based on price, itinerary, ease of travel, etc. You'll likely love either one.

I could tell you to pick Wonder b/c I love Mason Jar brunch (and I do) or the redesigned WJ is nice (it is) or the ice show is my favorite (it is) but the above is still my answer.

I liked both and been on both, but the Vue Bar on the Wonder is one of my favorites and I did like the Windjammer layout on the Wonder as well.  I can't wait to be back on her next year.  But like Mike said if the price is good for the SOS and the ports are where you want to go then you can't go wrong with that as well. Mason Jar was good for dinner and a nice change to a specialty restaurant.

On 3/29/2024 at 6:19 PM, dustfsu said:

the Vue Bar on the Wonder

Sorry to get off-topic for a second but I don't understand why they built a bar that looks so nice at night in the dark only to close it at 8pm. Nothing wrong with it in the daytime but that colorful canopy looks amazing at night.

Going to echo what others have said as well. I have sailed both, and Wonder has the better restaurants/venues, but Symphony has the better shows. Both ships are great, I would happily sail either one again, I have future bookings on both actually. For me, if I had to pick between the two, it would come down to price, itinerary (if that matters), and ease of travel to the port.

22 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Sorry to get off-topic for a second but I don't understand why they built a bar that looks so nice at night in the dark only to close it at 8pm. Nothing wrong with it in the day time but that colorful canopy looks amazing at night.

Yea I also found that part kind of a bummer.  Maybe we should all speak up in the survey!!!!

This may be an idiosyncratic take, but we greatly preferred the layout of On Air on Symphony over Spotlight Karaoke on Wonder. As we ended up there most days for karaoke, trivia, game shows etc it made a big difference to our quality of life. That plus the better entrainment on Symphony and the fact we found Mason Jar to miss the mark on authentic Southern food, Symphony wins for us hands down. 

10 hours ago, berkeleykel said:

greatly preferred the layout of On Air on Symphony over Spotlight Karaoke on Wonder

Definitely agree with this.

10 hours ago, berkeleykel said:

we found Mason Jar to miss the mark on authentic Southern food,

Dunno if it’s authentic, just know I love it (brunch at least). Food is of course subjective.

13 hours ago, berkeleykel said:

This may be an idiosyncratic take, but we greatly preferred the layout of On Air on Symphony over Spotlight Karaoke on Wonder. As we ended up there most days for karaoke, trivia, game shows etc it made a big difference to our quality of life. That plus the better entrainment on Symphony and the fact we found Mason Jar to miss the mark on authentic Southern food, Symphony wins for us hands down. 

Yeah but it’s still a cruise ship and lacking authentic food across the board. I can’t think of a single venue that would check that box (maybe the Indian food???). The Mason jar has some really great food & drink and an excellent ambiance. 

7 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Dunno if it’s authentic, just know I love it (brunch at least). Food is of course subjective.

4 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Mason jar has some really great food & drink and an excellent ambiance. 

Forget the food and authenticity...Mason Jar has one of the best drinks ever! Mississippi Moonlight! If they could make a ship that has Mason Jar and Rye & Bean, I would not need to sail any other ship lol

54 minutes ago, berkeleykel said:

Authentic may be bad word choice, I found some of the food nearly inedible.  Maybe we went on a bad night.

Anything is possible. I've also seen more people post about enjoying brunch rather than dinner (anecdotal evidence of course). Most dinner complaints I've seen have been about the BBQ portion which isn't really part of brunch (unless you count the pulled pork on top of the johnnycakes which I found to be fine but nothing special).

I've only had brunch and it's the breakfasty items like the stuffed french toast that are my favorites. Love the desserts too!

Having a grandmother from the south, MJ lacks authenticity for sure, but they do have some good food and the hit or miss aspect is prevalent everywhere on Royal's ship TBH. When I was on Wonder, I had the UDP and all the restaurants, minus MJ, were a miss because the name of seasoning for that week was salt. 

It would come down to price imho. I love Wonder, I think they have the best Ice show so far and I cannot say whether Symphony has the better shows because I will sail her in Jan 2025. Wonder is clean, new, and modern; having the internet access devices in each room was a game changer..........don't get me started on storage space. 

But as I said price, which includes transportation, would be the most important fact and I personally think you cannot go wrong with either.