WONDERing How Cruise #2 Will Go - March 17-24, 2024

OCSC Mike

12 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

What are those little white things ?  Are they white chocolate chips ?

Yes. She actually wanted to make a normal chipwich with vanilla ice cream & milk chocolate chips but they only had chocolate ice cream so she reversed it.

BTW, I’ve seen complaints about WJ not having real scooped ice cream on some ships anymore but Wonder has had it everyday for lunch and dinner.

16 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

ELF is the busiest I’ve seen so far (1:00 on a sea day so makes sense) but it’s still really not that bad. It’s pretty large & open on Wonder. Nice breeze up on deck 16 too.

I agree...the location works well with crowds. I also like how Wonder's ELF has dessert.  The chocolate one is so decadent and yummy.  I've only ever seen dessert there at Wonder and Symphony's version.  i.e. not on Oasis, Navigator, Odyssey and I'm sure other ships I've been on have an ELF but don't remember offhand.

5 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

I also like how Wonder's ELF has dessert.  The chocolate one is so decadent and yummy.

Now I’ll have to go back, lol. I kept meaning to try them & had the caramel flan but not the chocolate.

I’ve been deprived. The only other ELF I’ve tried is on Allure and that’s not a real one; they just stuck the ELF food into Mini Bites or whatever that venue was so it’s not a great fit & has very long lines.

After sunning and hanging on the suite sun deck and hot tub, We decided to hang with the poors in gen-pop and hit up the jammer for lunch. They had some Indian and Asian which was delish.  Also @OCSC Mike I had some of the paella too. I guess I’m low maintenance cause I like the jammer as a general rule. I’ve never really been disappointed with the food. As had already been mentioned we are in the last lap of this amazing cruise. Royal really does a good job. I know I sound like a company shill, but we’ve never had even a mediocre cruise. 

24 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

They had some Indian and Asian which was delish

Butter chicken? I only eat Indian on cruises so I’m no expert but that’s my fav. I had it the other night & some today with the paella. Probably shouldn’t have had 4 tacos after that, lol.

25 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

we’ve never had even a mediocre cruise. 

That’s how we feel. Some are exceptional but all enjoyable. I have some bad food items of course, but there are 50 other things to move on to. I don’t like every show but that’s 45 mins of your day. Way too much good to outweigh the bad, IMO.

Yessir @OCSC Mike there was butter chicken and some delish lentil dish. I’m still in a food coma from pounding all of it. Also they had that delicious picked something spread that’s spicy. You and I are just low maintenance when it comes to cruising. I like everything just about all the time. The crew really bust their tails for the pax and are always so friendly. I’m a Royal homer for sure.

Overrated lobster coming up in a bit. Not throwing shade, maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised. If not, no biggie. Wife’s favorite dessert on Allure in October was the molten chocolate cake so we’re looking forward to that. The chocolate hazelnut cake from Italian night was very good & pretty similar so I’m more optimistic about that.

Nothing exciting planned for after dinner. We’ll take a few more professional pics & find something to do, something to eat, something to use vouchers on, etc. We have reservations for Effectors II but don’t think we’ll bother seeing it for a 2nd time.

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

But I want to know more about the frosted cookie.

The kids section had a pile of chocolate chip cookies covered in what looked like milk/dark chocolate & that one lonely white one. I flipped over all the upside-down cookies searching for more white ones, lol, no luck.

Anyway, I liked it. But who knows if anyone will ever find one again? 🤷‍♂️

I popped back in during dinner hours & same deal, all chocolate, so I replenished my stash of ranger cookies & got some baklava from Mediterranean night for later.

MDR Royal Night

Vidalia onion tart - Presentation looked different than I’ve seen but it was pretty good.

IMG_2023.thumb.jpeg.5848f7005efe07abea4329bfd01be901.jpeg

Lobster - It was fine but soooo small I have no idea who would pay $16.99 for another. I ate mine & my wife’s.

IMG_2024.thumb.jpeg.6ef1e604208635d920c9a2d7a2727f63.jpeg

Chocolate molten cake - just as good as Allure, my wife’s fav dessert by far & probably mine too. Very rich.

IMG_2025.thumb.jpeg.2c8049e267d71debb358c0746c09b948.jpeg

Waiting for wife to finish her last morning walk. Today will be a repeat of yesterday. Will have actual breakfast after she showers then camp out in our same corner of the pool deck as yesterday & leave for a couple trivias & food runs throughout the day. Going to see the adult comedy main theater show tonight since we enjoyed one of the comics & they usually change up their sets a bit.

We did wind up seeing Effectors II for the 2nd time last night btw. For some reason I didn’t really like it this time. Costumes & special effects are still cool but it felt a lot slower this time until the end scene for whatever reason. Don’t mean to be negative, everyone should see it once, especially if they have kids.

Appreciating the enclosed Solarium today. It’s completely overcast with thunder rumbling, some lightning, & periods of rain. Ship isn’t rocking though & it’s nice & cool in here now so we’re content. Not sure what families with tiny humans will be doing if the main pool deck is out.

Lost internet for a little while. Storm seems to be letting up but now the Solarium has become a mild flood zone, lol. Not sure where the water is coming from but there’s almost inch-deep water flowing in front of our loungers by the windows. Saw at least one flip flop float by.

IMG_2030.thumb.jpeg.a8bb17d73c2e622061492297629a69f0.jpeg

Internet hasn’t really been working for me since the weather cleared but otherwise all good now. We even won some movie trivia. Solarium is back to a bit warm but the flood has receded.

Apparently suite guests like @GatorCruiser get better internet than the poors. I haven’t been able to post while he has. 🤷‍♂️😡

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Apparently suite guests like @GatorCruiser get better internet than the poors. I haven’t been able to post while he has. 🤷‍♂️😡

🤣, we’re given a special WiFi extender chip so it works everywhere on the ship better for us than the poors in gen pop. I kid. It’s been spotty as heck for me as well.