$100,000 cup + lifetime DBP. Any takers?

8 minutes ago, Happy Cruisers said:

No way in the world that "lifetime drink package" doesn't get cut out, or at least pared back, over time, for one justification or another.  Buyer beware and get that commitment in an enforceable contract.  You know, to the extent anyone was seriously considering buying this.

Reminds me of when American Airlines sold (and eventually canceled) a lifetime first class flight pass.

https://thehustle.co/aairpass-american-airlines-250k-lifetime-ticket/

Yes!  That is literally what this made me think of before I wrote my comment, @smokeybandit.  Bob Crandall's handiwork.  Companies in need of capital are more than glad to sell you a "lifetime" pass for something, then pluck it away from you years later - either directly or as part of a trip through the bankruptcy car wash (I think that's how AA did it back in the day, but that's been a few years) when times are better.  

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Honest question, do you think anyone at some point will actually buy this thing? I mean for real? 

I'm pretty certain there's some crazy rich fan on the inaugural sailing that will buy it. People are INSANE.

I'm also thinking that if that cup is worth $100K, the real one is in the back somewhere and the display is just the replica.

Nobody with the disposable income to buy this would.  It makes zero sense.  You can't even calculate the break even point when considering the free drink vouchers someone already gets with that many cruises, plus the time value of money factor.  This is just an advertisement / marketing ploy to spur RC discussion.