One day sale tomorrow only (December 20)

Jill

1 hour ago, Ryan79 said:

That sale will be tomorrow, then extended for another day, then extended for another day, and so on and so on. There really aren’t “sales” to get excited about. Cabin prices go up and down based on supply & demand for the most part and not the presence or absence of any “sale”. 

Oh I realize the “math.” Currently holding 2 sky JS. There’s only 8 total and all 8 still available. As soon as one gets booked, up goes the price. If we go through with the booking, we have the first 2 of 8. That’s why I had my TA snag them. If we can get OBC, I’m happy! 

19 hours ago, Jill said:

Oh I realize the “math.” Currently holding 2 sky JS. There’s only 8 total and all 8 still available. As soon as one gets booked, up goes the price. If we go through with the booking, we have the first 2 of 8. That’s why I had my TA snag them. If we can get OBC, I’m happy! 

Just out of curiosity, which ship are you looking at for Sky Junior Suite?  Double check that the perks are indeed sky class perks, because ships like Oasis are calling it Sky Junior Suite and only quoting Sea Class perks.  

Well I was correct. My fare went up a hair shy of $600. I’ll keep my original quote. @Peter D I’m having my TA confirm about perks. Pretty sure website wasn’t updated. It’s the same group of 8 junior suites on deck 6 that utopia has as sky class. I just looked at the deck plans and the sky suites start April 27, 2025. I heard that eventually all oasis class will have these 8 sky JS

When I think about how many times I harassed poor @Sharla every time I saw a "sale" of this type....to her credit she didnt fire me! Raise the price get some OBC! We are on to you Royal! 

Bottom line get the cabin you are comfortable with at the price you feel is fair because more often than not there are very few price drops now a days. My Utopia inaugural sailing in @OCSC Mike GS has gone up exponentially and the cabins are being booked. For the 3 of us it was just under 9,  now for the 3 of us there is a 13 handle! Yikes! It's 4 nights!! But the cabins are disappearing. As a company they are winning!!

Cruise planner may have some price drops but even then, BF is as good as it will ever get. 

Royal is able to sell cabins at DCL pricing especially on the newest ships...why wouldn't they? I keep thinking our pause timing couldn't be better. 

Thanks everyone for your live blogs, I'll live vicariously through you.

2 hours ago, Jill said:

Pretty sure website wasn’t updated. It’s the same group of 8 junior suites on deck 6 that utopia has as sky class. I just looked at the deck plans and the sky suites start April 27, 2025. I heard that eventually all oasis class will have these 8 sky JS

By all means have your TA investigate. It was posted by a very reputable source last month that RC changed the benefits for the "new" Sky Class JS on ships other than Utopia, Icon, and Spectrum (Star wasn't out yet). He mentioned that you will not get free internet like you normally would in Sky Class on the other ships

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

By all means have your TA investigate. It was posted by a very reputable source last month that RC changed the benefits for the "new" Sky Class JS on ships other than Utopia, Icon, and Spectrum (Star wasn't out yet). He mentioned that you will not get free internet like you normally would in Sky Class on the other ships

Absolutely true.  Major slight-of-hand, IMO.

6 hours ago, Jill said:

I’m having my TA confirm about perks. Pretty sure website wasn’t updated. It’s the same group of 8 junior suites on deck 6 that utopia has as sky class. I just looked at the deck plans and the sky suites start April 27, 2025. I heard that eventually all oasis class will have these 8 sky JS

I am glad to hear you are having your TA confirm, but the concerning thing about 'Pretty sure website wasn't updated' is Royal updated the website to state "Sky Junior Suite Exclusives" but not actually update the perks which are identical to the Jr Suite Sea Class perks.   The Utopia Sky Jr suite states "Sky Class Exclusive" and is the true sky class perks.

At this point based on all the discussions, I am very leery of this whole Sky Jr Suite program.

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I think I also saw the post referenced here, but I do question difference being only with Voom.  If it were just everything except free internet, that would be one thing, but the perks listed, being same as Sea Class perks are: Coastal Kitchen for dinner only (based on availability), no access to suite lounge, and (presumably) no Concierge service.   If it is truly everything except internet, then that is really pathetic.

I wonder if the point of this whole Sky Jr Class was to make regular Jr suite more appealing.

1 hour ago, Peter D said:

I think I also saw the post referenced here, but I do question difference being only with Voom.  If it were just everything except free internet, that would be one thing, but the perks listed, being same as Sea Class perks are: Coastal Kitchen for dinner only (based on availability), no access to suite lounge, and (presumably) no Concierge service.   If it is truly everything except internet, then that is really pathetic.

I wonder if the point of this whole Sky Jr Class was to make regular Jr suite more appealing.

It's above my pay grade but the whole thing makes no sense to me. I thought the point of creating the new category was to be able pay slightly less for Sky Class perks by getting a less-nice cabin.

When they introduce a Sky Class Interior, I'll look into it. 🤣

We are in Sky Jr Suite on Icon Feb 10, 2024. Booked on C&A release day thankfully. It is in the suite neighborhood and lists th following amenities:

Exclusive Access to the Suite Sun Deck 
Concierge Service 
All Day Access to Coastal Kitchen 
Specialty Bottled Water (upon arrival) 
Complimentary VOOM 
Priority Boarding & Departure 

Still showing this on the booking tool albeit a “little” (twice) more expensive…

J&S