What Ship Will replace the Harmony in Galveston in 2026?

• 2 months later...
On 12/1/2023 at 7:47 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I wonder about this one too. Not because I have any desire to sail from Galveston, but because I am more interested in what will remain in Florida or NJ. 

At the moment, HM leaves Galveston on March 16, 2026. Is Icon 3 due to come out by then? I really have no clue. But if not, I would guess that some large Oasis class ship would have to come and take its place.

Icon is in Miami until April 2026, Star will be in PC until April 2026, OA is in PE until April 2026, WN/UT are heavily rumoured to be doing short sailings so I doubt we will see those go to Texas. That leaves the mystery of where AL and SY will be. Both those ships cannot remain in NJ for the winter. Any Oasis class ships leaves NJ by October.

AL has already been to Texas, could they move SY there? Selfishly, I hope not. I still want to sail her one more time. But could it be possible? Well...what would the other options be?

Looks like you got what you wished for.
I really wanted Utopia Wonder or symphony to come down to Galveston but I wanted Symphony the most  because I always wanted to go on that one and my parents can’t afford going down to Florida or NJ and back. My disappointment this morning was immeasurable when I woke up checked my phone and saw an itinerary for Allure going out of Galveston in 2026. We literally just had Allure so I’m not sure why they think it’s a good idea to bring it back. I feel like something like Symphony Wonder or Utopia would be more profitable since they haven’t been to Galveston before. I guess I either have to wait for my parents to make a hefty paycheck or just sit there and pray Symphony will be there in 2027-28. On the plus side I didn’t have a chance to go on Allure when it was in Galveston last year so we might try it out depending on future prices

27 minutes ago, TexanCruiser2007 said:

Looks like you got what you wished for.
I really wanted Utopia Wonder or symphony to come down to Galveston but I wanted Symphony the most  because I always wanted to go on that one and my parents can’t afford going down to Florida or NJ and back. My disappointment this morning was immeasurable when I woke up checked my phone and saw an itinerary for Allure going out of Galveston in 2026. We literally just had Allure so I’m not sure why they think it’s a good idea to bring it back. I feel like something like Symphony Wonder or Utopia would be more profitable since they haven’t been to Galveston before. I guess I either have to wait for my parents to make a hefty paycheck or just sit there and pray Symphony will be there in 2027-28. On the plus side I didn’t have a chance to go on Allure when it was in Galveston last year so we might try it out depending on future prices

At least Allure will be amped by then with the latest and greatest from the Wonder/Icon/Utopia era. Should probably see one of the Icon class ships eventually also.

I honestly was quite surprised to see Allure sent back to Galveston. Amped or not. In fact, after Michael Bayley's comments a few months ago, I really thought they would move Wonder there after Harmony leaves in March 2026. Could that still be possible, maybe?

Allure is doing weird/various length sailings in March 2026 (I did not look past that at April), but could they put both Allure and Wonder there? I guess we will find out next week. There is one thing I do know though, I need to book Wonder for August 2025 before she may/may not go to Galveston.

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I honestly was quite surprised to see Allure sent back to Galveston. Amped or not. In fact, after Michael Bayley's comments a few months ago, I really thought they would move Wonder there after Harmony leaves in March 2026. Could that still be possible, maybe?

Allure is doing weird/various length sailings in March 2026 (I did not look past that at April), but could they put both Allure and Wonder there? I guess we will find out next week. There is one thing I do know though, I need to book Wonder for August 2025 before she may/may not go to Galveston.

To be quite frank with you I also didn’t expect Allure to return to Galveston. I was expecting it to be either Wonder or Symphony since there has been a lot of newer cruise ships coming to Galveston lately. I’m sure no one else expected it because the other day I saw a group of people arguing on Facebook whether Wonder or Symphony was next. They never once brought up the possibility of a amped allure coming.

I have been in a state of disbelief all day that has been making me go to the RC website check the 2026 itinerary to make sure that they didn’t accidentally put it with Allure and click the refresh button like 5 times. Now I’m starting to accept that I may never get to try Symphony 

3 minutes ago, TexanCruiser2007 said:

To be quite frank with you I also didn’t expect Allure to return to Galveston. I was expecting it to be either Wonder or Symphony since there has been a lot of newer cruise ships coming to Galveston lately. I’m sure no one else expected it because the other day I saw a group of people arguing on Facebook whether Wonder or Symphony was next. They never once brought up the possibility of a amped allure coming.

I have been in a state of disbelief all day that has been making me go to the RC website check the 2026 itinerary to make sure that they didn’t accidentally put it with Allure and click the refresh button like 5 times. Now I’m starting to accept that I may never get to try Symphony 

Symphony is out for sure for the time being. However, I am not certain that Wonder is totally out yet. We'll find out next week. I would not be surprised to see Wonder move over to Galveston in March/April 2026. 

12 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Symphony is out for sure for the time being. However, I am not certain that Wonder is totally out yet. We'll find out next week. I would not be surprised to see Wonder move over to Galveston in March/April 2026. 

I honestly don’t think Wonder is coming because I looked at the RCCL website and I see Allure bookings until the end of April 2026. So the possibilities of Wonder coming to Galveston at that time is slim to none. 

1 hour ago, Austin said:

I’m sure more surprises next week.

Yes the question of if Mariner is staying or not is still up in the air. Also, I am also interested to know if Jewel will be staying as well and if not what will replace it. I honestly hoping for a Freedom class since I had no idea of Liberty’s presence down in Galveston until it was too late. 

1 hour ago, Austin said:

I’m sure more surprises next week.

Yes the question of if Mariner is staying or not is still up in the air. Also, I am also interested to know if Jewel will be staying as well and if not what will replace it. I honestly hoping for a Freedom class since I had no idea of Liberty’s presence down in Galveston until it was too late. 
Edit: Pardon me I just looked up Jewel and it’s going to Puerto Rico in 2026. 

I dont think we will know the full story here until winter of this year.  Next week will clear up what is taking on the 4/5 market through April 2026, then I think they are done until around the November timeframe this year, where they would announce April 2026-April 2027?

With what RCCL just did I won’t be surprised if they bring Voyager back. Yesterday was such a disappointing start to my day. I was so excited to see what kind of prices I could find on Symphony or Wonder just to realize we’re getting allure 😭 Not to sound ungrateful or anything but I seriously was expecting something new especially with Carnival Jubilee, MSC Seascape and Norwegian Prima (Which swaps with Viva in 2025). At the same time though I shouldn’t have been to expectant about Symphony coming to Galveston. It would’ve only done 2 summer seasons out of Cape Liberty and I don’t know exactly how long an oasis class stays on there but I know it’s longer than 2 summers (If anyone knows please tell me I would appreciate it). Who knows? Maybe next year when they release 2026-27 itineraries maybe Symphony will be ready for a swap to Galveston? Usually they keep an oasis class in Galveston down here in Galveston for a couple years and Allure already has a year worth of sailings from last year. I guess we will find out soon. 

12 hours ago, TexanCruiser2007 said:

With what RCCL just did I won’t be surprised if they bring Voyager back. Yesterday was such a disappointing start to my day. I was so excited to see what kind of prices I could find on Symphony or Wonder just to realize we’re getting allure 😭 Not to sound ungrateful or anything but I seriously was expecting something new especially with Carnival Jubilee, MSC Seascape and Norwegian Prima (Which swaps with Viva in 2025). At the same time though I shouldn’t have been to expectant about Symphony coming to Galveston. It would’ve only done 2 summer seasons out of Cape Liberty and I don’t know exactly how long an oasis class stays on there but I know it’s longer than 2 summers (If anyone knows please tell me I would appreciate it). Who knows? Maybe next year when they release 2026-27 itineraries maybe Symphony will be ready for a swap to Galveston? Usually they keep an oasis class in Galveston down here in Galveston for a couple years and Allure already has a year worth of sailings from last year. I guess we will find out soon. 

You know, I understand how you feel... my gut, Allure was always going to be the ship of choice by RCG, to home port in Galveston, pre-covid. unfortunately, covid happened, and Allure never got amp, as work continued on the new terminal. Nowadays, I really prefer RCG concentrate on paying debt accumulated (not previous pre-covid debt) during covid... the number of loans they incur, trying to keep operating... before continuing with new build, not already scheduled, again, pre-covid. Pause for a few years, complete existing projects that had been delayed, because of covid, to stabilize cost & fares, in a very fluid, unstable, global economy, where supply chains are being reorganized & rethought. I fear that companies (not just RCG) are cannibalizing itself, that will lead to more price hikes, for less services, then what passengers already face. So, I don't mind as much, that an amped Allure will make a return to Galveston... she may not come alone, as Royal continue to saturate the Florida markets. However, I gotta say, although I know it will viewed as contradictory... but if RCG going to invest in new build... oh how much I would love to see them invest in a Private Resort area, in the central Mexico coastal area and maybe work with Corpus Christie (city/county/state) to enhance an entertainment district for a cruise stop, to add new destination to the extreme Western Caribbean itinerary. I Can Not Stress This Enough!  

3 hours ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

You know, I understand how you feel... my gut, Allure was always going to be the ship of choice by RCG, to home port in Galveston, pre-covid. unfortunately, covid happened, and Allure never got amp, as work continued on the new terminal. Nowadays, I really prefer RCG concentrate on paying debt accumulated (not previous pre-covid debt) during covid... the number of loans they incur, trying to keep operating... before continuing with new build, not already scheduled, again, pre-covid. Pause for a few years, complete existing projects that had been delayed, because of covid, to stabilize cost & fares, in a very fluid, unstable, global economy, where supply chains are being reorganized & rethought. I fear that companies (not just RCG) are cannibalizing itself, that will lead to more price hikes, for less services, then what passengers already face. So, I don't mind as much, that an amped Allure will make a return to Galveston... she may not come alone, as Royal continue to saturate the Florida markets. However, I gotta say, although I know it will viewed as contradictory... but if RCG going to invest in new build... oh how much I would love to see them invest in a Private Resort area, in the central Mexico coastal area and maybe work with Corpus Christie (city/county/state) to enhance an entertainment district for a cruise stop, to add new destination to the extreme Western Caribbean itinerary. I Can Not Stress This Enough!  

I hate disagree, but I'm disagreeable by nature! I feel it's imperative that RCG builds a Royal Caribbean ship every year. A celebrity every 2 and a silversea every 4 or so. If they don't, the fleet will age and RCG will have to play catchup to MSC. That's nit a situation I want to see.

On 2/16/2024 at 1:02 PM, Zambia-Zaire said:

I should’ve thought of the possibility of Allure coming back, especially with its amplification delayed due to the pandemic so it can have a go amplified in Galveston as well. Sadly though I had my expectations set on one thing which was not met. I’m sure everyone else theorizing the Galveston reposition was expecting allure to return.
It was not a very good start to my valentines being devastated like that. However now I am in that phase that I really just don’t care anymore what comes to Galveston. They could bring something like like an Icon in 2026-27 and I would be like Ok. Not sure if that’s normal tho lol. 

On 2/16/2024 at 1:02 PM, Zambia-Zaire said:

The Corpus Christi plan again?? Never going to happen

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2023 at 8:47 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I wonder about this one too. Not because I have any desire to sail from Galveston, but because I am more interested in what will remain in Florida or NJ. 

At the moment, HM leaves Galveston on March 16, 2026. Is Icon 3 due to come out by then? I really have no clue. But if not, I would guess that some large Oasis class ship would have to come and take its place.

Icon is in Miami until April 2026, Star will be in PC until April 2026, OA is in PE until April 2026, WN/UT are heavily rumoured to be doing short sailings so I doubt we will see those go to Texas. That leaves the mystery of where AL and SY will be. Both those ships cannot remain in NJ for the winter. Any Oasis class ships leaves NJ by October.

AL has already been to Texas, could they move SY there? Selfishly, I hope not. I still want to sail her one more time. But could it be possible? Well...what would the other options be?

That’s good to know that the Oasis class ships leave in NJ, do you know what classes they have been replaced with in the past.  I have no intentions on flying out to ports anymore after Icon.  Looking for Jersey and Baltimore sailing, so I’m really looking forward to Baltimore getting one of those Discovery class ships in the distant future.   I sure Wish Wonder would come or I will have to always have to read and drool over the Mason jar.

On 2/16/2024 at 12:17 PM, Jenn G-MEI Travel said:

Allure will be coming back Amplified to Galveston 

I had heard this as well... and after a quick check, RCL already has several 2026 dates available for booking:

Allure out of Galveston 2026:

• March 17 - 22 (5 night)
  • March 22 - 29 (7 night)
  • March 29 - April 5 (7 night)
  • April 5 - 12 (7 night)
  • April 19 - 26 (7 night)

I’m a bit underwhelmed with the news of the Allure coming back. As a Texan whose home port is Galveston, I was expecting a ship fitting the glory of our new terminal.

As the 4th largest cruise terminal in North America, I was hoping for the Wonder or a Quantum, or Quantum Ultra-Class.  After all, Royal’s competitors have their two newest ships in port and Port of Galveston will host its 5th cruise line shortly.

Galveston is apparently still the step-child.

Does the AMP’ed Allure at least have a Playmakers and Hooked Seafood?

On 2/15/2024 at 11:45 PM, TexanCruiser2007 said:

I was so excited to see what kind of prices I could find on Symphony or Wonder just to realize we’re getting allure 😭

Today, I feel your anguish.  The news of the return of the Allure is deflating.

The Western Caribbean is not really a “destination” location, so why not give us a “destination ship” to compensate?  Make Galveston great, not mediocre.

2 hours ago, TXCoastPatriot said:

I’m a bit underwhelmed with the news of the Allure coming back. As a Texan whose home port is Galveston, I was expecting a ship fitting the glory of our new terminal.

As the 4th largest cruise terminal in North America, I was hoping for the Wonder or a Quantum, or Quantum Ultra-Class.  After all, Royal’s competitors have their two newest ships in port and Port of Galveston will host its 5th cruise line shortly.

Galveston is apparently still the step-child.

Does the AMP’ed Allure at least have a Playmakers and Hooked Seafood?

I’m not sure if Hooked will be on there but I’d bet anything that Playmakers will be on the amped Allure along with the Lime & Coconut Bars with an upgraded Pool Area.

2 hours ago, TXCoastPatriot said:

As the 4th largest cruise terminal in North America, I was hoping for the Wonder or a Quantum, or Quantum Ultra-Class.

Agreed, it seem, it would have been more fitting, to have newer release as their primary ship, doing 7 itineraries, as well as the occasional 6 or 8 day itineraries. Leave the short 3-5 day itineraries, in Florida, to the more aged; but amped, Oasis & Allure otS. The business concept appear backwards to me. To garner more fans of cruising, to the Galveston port, with shiny new terminal, I would think Royal would put its best feet forward, with the likes of Utopia, Wonder, or even Odyssey. And, as you say about the Western Caribbean not being one of the more exciting destinations, a newer ship, with all the latest techno toys, would do 'Wonders', pun intended, in elevating that market even more.

Totally agree with you TX CP. 👍🏼 

With Allure, Royal still has a compelling product compared to their peers:

An Amplified Mariner is replacing Voyager on the 4/5 night trips.  This competes well with Carnival's 4/5 Day on their Breeze.

They have been running Jewel in the winter for long itineraries, however I didn't see that return for winter 26/6.  But that competed well against Carnival Miracle. That said, they seem to have decided it is worth having 2 ships in San Juan for the winter, which may speak to that.  

Allure may be older than Carnival Jubilee (almost all ships are, since it is brand new) but doesn't mean it isn't competitive.  It also probably has less people on an average sailing despite being significantly larger (about 40000 tons). With Harmony, they began working 8 days cruises into the rotation to add variety.  

Princess and Norwegian in the winter add another dynamic to compete against.  Sometimes that doesn't mean you add more of the greatest, but you put your assets where they make the most sense.  

Carnival is big in Galveston, there is no way around that.  They have Jubilee on the 7 day trips; Dream on the 6/8 day rotations; Breeze on 4/5 days; and Miracle (soon legend) on the long winter trips.  I personally am of the mindset that Allure will transition to 4/5 day trips at some point with another ship moving to the 7 day trips.  Royal has seen the ability to the Oasis class to succeed on short trips and quite obviously seems to like it.  I suspect that the success there led to the new order last month.  I am not sure that they want 4 or 5 ships based in Galveston like Carnival does.  The new Beach Club at Cozumel had Galveston in mind.  

41 minutes ago, Plumlee2028 said:

I personally am of the mindset that Allure will transition to 4/5 day trips at some point with another ship moving to the 7 day trips.

Hopefully this is the  case. I'm dying to go on Utopia or Wonder (again) but refuse to do a 3 or 4-night that goes to CocoCay and Nassau.

29 minutes ago, Lucky said:

Hopefully this is the  case. I'm dying to go on Utopia or Wonder (again) but refuse to do a 3 or 4-night that goes to CocoCay and Nassau.

Well I think you should book a cruise on Wonder soon.  The market has changed even NCL is now shifting from older smaller ships on 3-4 night Bahamas cruising and is now using Joy and Breakaway.  Although neither of those ships are brand new they are some of NCL's most popular ships with a lot activities onboard, to keep guest occupied from start to finish.  It wouldn't surprised me if Carnival who just order their 4th Excel Class ship brings one of those ships to the 3-4 night Bahamas cruise market. 

Allure is a great ship it's still an Oasis Class ship I don't know why people now see Allure as this black sheep within the Oasis Class that is to be avoided. 

51 minutes ago, JasonOasis said:

why people now see Allure as this black sheep

Personally, I love the Allure.  My first sailing on her was a transatlantic to Barcelona March 2020.  We got off the ship into an entirely new world as the pandemic shut the globe down.  The Allure ended up back here in Texas and we did many more cruises on her.  As with others, I was just anticipating a different ship, something new and exciting.

What does excite me about the Allure is to see her AMP'ed changes.  Hopefully some new restaurants.

5 hours ago, JasonOasis said:

Allure is a great ship it's still an Oasis Class ship I don't know why people now see Allure as this black sheep within the Oasis Class that is to be avoided. 

It's not that it's a ship to be avoided, it's that it was already home ported in Galveston last year. It seems like a step back going to the same ship (even if it really isn't because of the upcoming amp).  I think even having Oasis home ported in Galveston instead of Allure would've been received better since it would be a different ship.

Michael Bayley also really screwed up this deployment imo by implying the next ship would be Wonder.  Any ship other than an Icon class or Utopia was not going to be received well after that.  I know I was extremely disappointed after the official announcement when I probably wouldn't have been without thinking Wonder was next.

5 hours ago, billdauterive said:

It's not that it's a ship to be avoided, it's that it was already home ported in Galveston last year. It seems like a step back going to the same ship (even if it really isn't because of the upcoming amp).  I think even having Oasis home ported in Galveston instead of Allure would've been received better since it would be a different ship.

Michael Bayley also really screwed up this deployment imo by implying the next ship would be Wonder.  Any ship other than an Icon class or Utopia was not going to be received well after that.  I know I was extremely disappointed after the official announcement when I probably wouldn't have been without thinking Wonder was next.

Don't take this the wrong way because I mean no disrespect but you should know better than to trust what the CEO of a large corporations says.

At the airline I work for most of what the CEO says is aspirational at best when it comes to the future or future planning  By the time network planning, revenue management, maintenance control, network operations gets involved the whole plan changes from what our CEO said to what actually happens.  

CEO's have these grand visions and some of them runs their mouths and announce plans before the people who actually do the work crunching the numbers and compiling the data have given them the okay to actually make the announcement.  At the end of the day it all comes down to money, whether its a cruise line or an airline, once the data is compiled these companies are going to place their assets in markets where they will get the highest return on their investment and Royal can get a higher ROI from having Wonder in the 3-4 night Bahamas market than they can if they were to keep Allure in that market and send Wonder to Texas.  Right now Royal is raking it in on 3-4 night Bahamas/Coco Cay cruises, and with the success they've reportedly seen since Utopia has gone on sail out of Port Canaveral it is really a surprise to see Wonder relocate to PortMiami to do the same thing?  Again we  have cruise lines like NCL and MSC taking similar paths with using newer larger ships on their 3-4 night Bahamas cruises and Royal has positioned themselves as the game changer in this segment of the market.  The largest market for 3-4 night cruises here in the US is Florida so to be a game changer means they have to have their biggest, best and yes newest ships sailing out of the Florida market where they will reap the highest ROI.