BLACK FRIDAY

RCARD

5 minutes ago, daha699 said:

i am wondering why they pic and choose on a coffee card it seems it should be pretty standard across the board on that one .

They pick and choose one everything based on what they think they can get, but I honestly think they made a mistake on Icon with the Coffee Card.  it's out of line with every other thing in CP for Icon vs other sailings.  I think it's not going to stay there for the full BF run (through the 24th)

I went in and chose a # of items.  Go to cart - website keeps freezing.  Could not anything purchased.  Had to contact RCCL and have them do It over the phone.  Dining choices - that I had saved in my cart with specific times and dates - none were available.  Deluxe Bev package is actually a higher by $4 per than the Halloween sale (thankfully we purchased then just to be safe).  

18 minutes ago, daha699 said:

i am wondering why they pic and choose on a coffee card it seems it should be pretty standard across the board on that one .

I wonder if they code everything for a target audience per ship and base pricing for that

For the Icon sailings (especially the one I am on as it is over a school holiday week - Presidents week) everything that is aimed more at kids/younger people seem priced very, very high. For example, the water park on PDCC is $219 (today it has it's biggest sale I have seen, 15% off, taking it to $185.99 .... but like Hideaway beach isn't a crazy price compared to other sailings I have seen.

Internet on this one seems higher than on other cruises for example ... so wondering if they have higher prices for the deluxe and refreshment packages, but for "coffee" this isn't as much the target audience so they put the bigger sale there

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Same here, lol, day 2!

We were all set up to land on exactly 175 after the next one ended but we squeezed in a 5-nighter late last month when a good price popped up like 4 weeks out and it happened to fit our schedule. Now I'm staring at 173 and even though nothing has actually changed, I hate it! 🤣

QUICK -- - go book a 3 day inside guarantee and you're all set!!

2 minutes ago, RCARD said:

QUICK -- - go book a 3 day inside guarantee and you're all set!!

We did that when we were exactly 4 points from Diamond (4N obviously)... and it earned me way more than Diamond perks!

Prior to that cruise, my wife insisted she needed a balcony because that's what she always had when she sailed as a kid with her parents. After trying an interior for the first time, she actually liked it, and we've been cave dwellers ever since! (With a few exceptions here and there),

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

We did that when we were exactly 4 points from Diamond (4N obviously)... and it earned me way more than Diamond perks!

Prior to that cruise, my wife insisted she needed a balcony because that's what she always had when she sailed as a kid with her parents. After trying an interior for the first time, she actually liked it, and we've been cave dwellers ever since! (With a few exceptions here and there),

You're a lucky man!  Wife and I sailed our first cruise in 1987 in an Oceanview room, she was climbing the walls and would never accept anything but balcony after that.  

12 minutes ago, RCARD said:

You're a lucky man!  Wife and I sailed our first cruise in 1987 in an Oceanview room, she was climbing the walls and would never accept anything but balcony after that. 

Yes, I do consider myself lucky. My wife actually liked how dark and cold interiors get for sleeping. She also realized that we almost never use our balcony when we have one so there was no point in paying for one.

Everyone has their preferences. We just both fall into the "the cabin is for sleeping, showering, and changing" category.

I'm having FOMO. I made logical decisions about what we want to do and what we like, but I still feel like I should buy more. We had the refreshment package last time and it doesn't make sense for us this time - but I feel like I should buy it because of THE SALE. We enjoy the MDR and included food venues, but I'm having the urge to book other restaurants or a dining plan because of THE SALE. I don't know when we would fit in Jet Skis on Labadee - but THE SALE!!! Ugh. Anyone else?

8 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Saved a decent amount on a few things but really wanted a discount on the 3 night dining package but for some reason there is absolutely nothing. Is that normally not included in these sales? Soda package is only a buck difference. That's slightly disappointing too. 

3 night dining package on our cruise is $131.99 down from $164.99, but I'm not sure it was really $164.99 - I wasn't following it that closely.

2 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

Anyone else?

Not exactly since we don't do a ton of specialty dining due to wife's pickiness and we don't book excursions through RC but I understand the sentiment.

We're currently debating going to a small all-inclusive beach club type place in Cozumel for one cruise mostly b/c it's inexpensive, has good reviews, and is walking distance from the ship. I'm tempted to try it just b/c the price and convenience are there and it's something to do...

...but my wife barely drinks and we will be D+ by then so we'll have our 10 vouchers and would be perfectly content chilling in a quiet Solarium (since it's a port day, the ship will be empty), using vouchers, and having lunch on the ship... at no additional charge whatsoever.

6 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

3 night dining package on our cruise is $131.99 down from $164.99, but I'm not sure it was really $164.99 - I wasn't following it that closely.

Wow, I've by monitoring it on my cruises and is been 131.99 for a long time. Was hoping it would get down to around 100 but oh well. I've saved a bit on some stuff so I'm happy. Any savings is a good thing. 

8 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

I don't ever book it but pretty sure $131.99 isn't really a sale price.

EDIT: We posted at the same time. I guess I was right based on the post above.

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Wow, I've by monitoring it on my cruises and is been 131.99 for a long time. Was hoping it would get down to around 100 but oh well. I've saved a bit on some stuff so I'm happy. Any savings is a good thing. 

it has been $131.99 for almost a year now price does not change, i want to purchase it but i do not think it is worth $131.99  i was hoping it would have dropped but nothing , so i will do with out.

Decent sale on internet.  My question, which I am sure has been answered but I couldn't finds it... If I do internet 1 person 1 device, both myself and my husband can use if we share the password and only one device at a time?  We sailed in Sept and I didn't realize this if true and we just did one device and he was stuck without phone for the cruise because I didn't want to pay the larger bill of one person two device or two person one device.  🙂  Hope the question makes sense. 

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

We just both fall into the "the cabin is for sleeping, showering, and changing" category.

So did we (note past tense). Our strategy was always "cheapest with a window". That would sometimes be an OV and sometimes a promenade view, on the ships that have them.

Then two things happened... one, we hit D, which meant a decent discount on balcony cabins and, two, covid brought prices tumbling down. On the four cruises we have done since the restart, the cheapest with a window has always been a balcony cabin.

Now, when I booked our upcoming cruise, that no longer held true, but when I said to DH I was reverting to booking a window cabin instead of a balcony he said no way, he wanted a window that he could open for fresh air, which obviously implies a balcony, so our past strategy has gone straight out of said open window! 😂

And in a weird twist of fate, if I were to book today instead of when I did, the cheapest with a window would indeed be a balcony cabin (except at twice the price in comparison to when we booked!) 😬

2 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

It's been $131.99 on my upcoming cruise forever, hasn't budged a cent.

However, the UDP, which has been oscillating between two different prices also forever, dropped considerably.

34 minutes ago, devbak150 said:

Decent sale on internet.  My question, which I am sure has been answered but I couldn't finds it... If I do internet 1 person 1 device, both myself and my husband can use if we share the password and only one device at a time?  We sailed in Sept and I didn't realize this if true and we just did one device and he was stuck without phone for the cruise because I didn't want to pay the larger bill of one person two device or two person one device.  🙂  Hope the question makes sense. 

23 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yes, that's exactly what we do.

Us too, although I have to admit DH only really gets to use it when I'm in the gym. 😂

This may be a dumb question and sorry if it has been addressed elsewhere, but it's my first time with Black Friday offers with Royal. Is the sale expected to last all the way to the 24th? Or is it just a few days before the offer disappears?

And another question is - do offers change during the promotion or do they stay the same.

8 minutes ago, JFCruise said:

This may be a dumb question and sorry if it has been addressed elsewhere, but it's my first time with Black Friday offers with Royal. Is the sale expected to last all the way to the 24th? Or is it just a few days before the offer disappears?

And another question is - do offers change during the promotion or do they stay the same.

It will run till Thanksgiving/Black Friday. The offers won't change in price. Most importantly certain things will sell out. So waiting is not a good idea. Beverage package, soda package, bottled water etc will not sell out. But many other things will, so really no reason to wait. This is as good as it's going to get. LOL.

5 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

It will run till Thanksgiving/Black Friday. The offers won't change in price. Most importantly certain things will sell out. So waiting is not a good idea. Beverage package, soda package, bottled water etc will not sell out. But many other things will, so really no reason to wait. This is as good as it's going to get. LOL.

Last year they had a cyber monday sale, which had some good deals, as well. Might see a few different things that weren't discounted much this time go on sale for Cyber Monday. But I definitely wouldn't wait if you see something you want now.