Miami cruise port to the Miami airport

Lisa_C

We used QLS Transportation back in March. We really liked them. They met us at the bus bay just outside of Terminal A. They were on time, you can reach them easily by phone. I would use them again if I had a large group. We had 10 and booked a private shuttle. It was flat rate of $125 but for 10 I thought that was a great price.

We went to Guest Services and booked the shuttle from the port to the airport. Looked at the price and an Uber would have been the same or slightly less but since we were not in a hurry we chose the shuttle. Carried our bags off and was on the first bus from the terminal. Since we arrived the day before departure and the hotel had a free shuttle from the airport to hotel and hotel to port we did not need it there.

• 1 month later...

99.9% of our Harmony cruise out of Miami was amazing and magical... but...

We made a series of mistakes on disembarkation day

We got off the ship at 9, complete chaos at this time. Should have walked off with our luggage first thing.

Trying to rent a car... apparently a huge mistake in Miami by the cruise port. They "reserved" us(and 30 other people) a vehicle they didn't have, people were sitting around for hours waiting for cars. There was also 100 people waiting for the rental car bus which seated about 12, there was almost fist fights from desperate people trying to get on the bus that showed up every 45 minutes. We actually ended up jumping in a limousine that dropped some other folks off, but it cost an arm and a leg. 

We ended up trying to fight for a bus to the rental car place for 45 minutes until we got the limo ride to the rental car facility which didn't actually have a car for us. So we flagged down an Uber and just said the heck with it, lets go to the airport.

Only flight back to Seattle was at 5:30 and they didn't check bags until 3:30 so we wandered the airport with our 3 kids for 3 hours before being able to go through security.

Next time we will do the RC excursion that ends at the airport. Way easier exit from the terminal with less stress and a fun end to a cruise instead of a hair pulling pit of anger.

My question is how does Royal build a beautiful new terminal that is a breeze to get through, but they allow the last thing you remember about the trip to be a nightmare. Who were the engineers that designed that disaster? Some really bad civil planning there on the traffic flow to that terminal! May God have mercy on their souls

9 hours ago, JasonL said:

My question is how does Royal build a beautiful new terminal that is a breeze to get through, but they allow the last thing you remember about the trip to be a nightmare. Who were the engineers that designed that disaster? Some really bad civil planning there on the traffic flow to that terminal! May God have mercy on their souls

I totally agree! We made the mistake once of leaving the ship at 8:30am (we usually go no later than 8am) and it was disaster. We carry off all our luggage too but we couldn't even get ride share back to the airport. They kept cancelling us, it was a mess. 

3 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

OK, so folks what is the answer? I was thinking taxi or Uber/Lyft for Icon in May, now I'm not so sure???

What's your suggestions?

2 hours ago, barjpoe said:

There will be a lot of us looking for this answer

We have done Uber/Lyft always out of Terminal A in Miami. No issues. Just that one time because we left too late. It will be Uber/Lyft for us when we sail our next two out of Miami in January and March.

I thought there was a van/bus service to transport from from cruise port to airport for $10-15 per person.   I could be wrong but I thought that is what I paid when I was on symphony precovid.

I’m going on Icon in May.  It’s a lot of us so I wondering if we should prearrangement a pick up from the ship to the airport.  Is there such a service for a group of 40 plus passengers? 

2 hours ago, Gilley said:

I thought there was a van/bus service to transport from from cruise port to airport for $10-15 per person.   I could be wrong but I thought that is what I paid when I was on symphony precovid.

I’m going on Icon in May.  It’s a lot of us so I wondering if we should prearrangement a pick up from the ship to the airport.  Is there such a service for a group of 40 plus passengers? 

Hey Gilley (Icon May 4th) and you?

We took the RC shuttle in January.  Our flight was later in the afternoon, so we didn't get off the ship until 8:30ish.  Picked up our luggage, walked right out to the buses, got on one, and was dropped off at the airport without a problem.  I was an air conditioned coach bus that was fine.  I can't remember exactly how much the cost, maybe $18pp.  

5 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

Does RC sell one way transfers just for return to airport?

Sometimes you can book the shuttle prior to your cruise.  Call whoever you booked with  I do recall having to use Air2sea to book a shuttle-and i had not booked my airfare through them-so maybe try them if you can’t get an answer from whoever you booked with