First time Sailing Diamond.

KevinK

Hi all,

I will be sailing as diamond first time in Sept cruise.  On embarkation date, do I get the 4 free drinks?  Since the room is not ready till about 1:30pm to 2pm.  I would like to sit by the bar and have a couple of drinks to start off my vacation.  Do I just tell them my room # and tell them to charge it to my diamond voucher?

20 minutes ago, KevinK said:

Hi all,

I will be sailing as diamond first time in Sept cruise.  On embarkation date, do I get the 4 free drinks?  Since the room is not ready till about 1:30pm to 2pm.  I would like to sit by the bar and have a couple of drinks to start off my vacation.  Do I just tell them my room # and tell them to charge it to my diamond voucher?

Use your set sail pass or just tell them your room number.

8 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

This is a ymmv, I have been able to use them on disembarkation day, but I have heard and read about others who couldn't.

This.

5 hours ago, amanalo217 said:

@Cruisingmama Depending on the specialty coffee you're looking for one option for you is the coffee machine in the diamond lounge for disembarkation day.

Also this.

6 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

We are sailing Diamond for the first time this October to Canada/NE and a bit excited to be honest. 🤣 Last time we sailed Canada/NE because it's a bit cooler they had delicious hot chocolate and Bailey's cream! Would that be offered under the 4 free drinks? 

Anything up to $14 is included... so if you can find somewhere to make it, absolutely.

You can also make your own hot chocolate with the free packets around the ship and use your voucher for a shot of Baileys to mix in.

Glad you're excited, you should be!

12 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Anything up to $14 is included... so if you can find somewhere to make it, absolutely.

You can also make your own hot chocolate with the free packets around the ship and use your voucher for a shot of Baileys to mix in.

Glad you're excited, you should be!

Now that's thinking outside the box! I like it, thanks! 

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

We are sailing Diamond for the first time this October to Canada/NE and a bit excited to be honest. 🤣 Last time we sailed Canada/NE because it's a bit cooler they had delicious hot chocolate and Bailey's cream! Would that be offered under the 4 free drinks? 

We had this offered last year on Ovation during the Inside Passage leg of our sailing to Alaska to ward off the cold. It sure worked!

I was so excited to sail on my first diamond cruise, sadly it was literally right after my first star class cruise and I was suffering from star class withdrawal. I'm on Allure in Oct as my first D+ cruise. I am looking forward to all my perks.

I will say that because I was prime while also being Diamond, I never used all my vouchers. Even if I paid them forward, I have probably used all of them once in almost 8 sailings. I decided from here on out no more soda or refreshment package, so I can use them up.

Congrats @KevinK and @RCIfan1912 for your upcoming Diamond cruises.   

You can start using your Diamond drinks as soon as you get on the ship.   

Friendly tip-make sure you specify when you want or don't want to use your Diamond vouchers........no use having a bottle of water count unless you want it to.

On Alaska cruise this summer (different cruise line), we ordered Hot chocolate with Spiced Rum.   It was amazing and perfect after a chilly day outside.   Imagine you could create your own on any Royal ship.

We too will be having our first Diamond cruise for our Fall Foliage cruise in October (Jewel).  We have the refreshment package for water, specialty coffees,  and Canned soda so we don't have to use the vouchers for those.  That hot chocolate and Baileys sounds good! Is it bad that I want one now but it is only 10:30 am and I am at work 🤣

19 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

We too will be having our first Diamond cruise for our Fall Foliage cruise in October (Jewel).  We have the refreshment package for water, specialty coffees,  and Canned soda so we don't have to use the vouchers for those.  That hot chocolate and Baileys sounds good! Is it bad that I want one now but it is only 10:30 am and I am at work 🤣

Not in my book! 🤣