Fort Laderdale Hotel

We have stayed at Hilton Doubletree GalleryOne in Ft Lauderdale.  It is older but good location.  It is on canal and the water taxi stop is at the hotel.  The ocean is about 2 blocks away, mall across the street.  i think all rooms have mini kitchen and grocery store about 2 blocks away also. 

1 hour ago, chrismelissa said:

Good Afternoon Everyone, We are taking our grandson on his first cruise next year, we have been looking at hotels, still havent found one, has any one stayed at the Renaissance Hotel, i looked at the reviews and they were mixed, our dose anyone have a suggestion ??

Yes, prime location. Let me know exactly what you are looking for and I will give you some suggestions from a local perspective. 

We usually go the Airbnb route. Cheaper and more room. 

Last hotel we stayed in was Hilton Garden airport/cruise port. It was fine for one night. I looked at it for next April Icon sailing (we never stay in Miami) and it’s almost $400 a night. Got a great Airbnb for $275 for 6 of us instead. 

Back in December I posted this in response to the same question.

We've been to Four Points Sheraton a couple of times pre-cruise. They have an airport shuttle and it's not far from the port too. They don't include breakfast but the rooms are decent size. Next week we'll be staying at the Marriott Fort Lauderdale in Dania Beach. It's more expensive but looks really nice. They also have an airport shuttle.

After having stayed at the Marriott I can confirm that it was very nice. First time staying in Dania Beach area and it was quite pleasant. Short Uber ride to port.

9 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I stayed at the Fairfield inn Fort Lauderdale. They do have a shuttle for $20pp to the port, breakfast with mimosas on weekends, and a shuttle from the airport that is hit or miss. Price wasn't too bad, and place was clean, with friendly staff. 

We stayed there last year and agree it was clean and pleasant.  Since there were 4 of us it was cheaper to grab a Lyft to the port.  Breakfast was decent and mimosas a nice touch!

1 hour ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

We stayed there last year and agree it was clean and pleasant.  Since there were 4 of us it was cheaper to grab a Lyft to the port.  Breakfast was decent and mimosas a nice touch!

We had 6 in our party and took 2 Lyfts, was maybe $40 in total with tip, so the price of a shuttle was not for us. Also having two mimosas before starting a cruise is great!

If you want:

More beach then you are about to get on your cruise vacation: Marriott Harbor Beach, Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach, W Fort Lauderdale beach. 

Close to Port Everglades despite the fact that everything in Fort Lauderdale is “close to port Everglades”: Embassy Suites 17th street, Hilton Marina, Renaissance. 

Gambling/Party Vibe and possibly the best resort pool on planet earth (my kids love it): Hard Rock Guitar Hotel.

Close enough, cheap”er” and lots of dining options: Any of the mid tier chain hotels located in the Dania Pointe area.

15-20 Minute drive and a different resort/beach vibe and older crowd: Hollywood beach specifically the Margaritaville hotel. Great pool and close to plenty of dining options on the boardwalk.

Prices are heavily dependent on the time of year. The highest prices will be during tourist season from Labor Day to end of April at the conclusion of Spring Break. If you are cruising during that time expect prices to double or triple current rates. 

Last night on the YouTube stream, Matt recommended the Marriott AC Fort Lauderdale Airport hotel.  It has only been there about a year, so everything is new.

I switched from the Crown Plaza to the Marriott for our October trip.  It was a few dollars cheaper.  It also seemed to be within walking distance of more restaurants and stores.

54 minutes ago, PL8SWPR said:

Last night on the YouTube stream, Matt recommended the Marriott AC Fort Lauderdale Airport hotel.  It has only been there about a year, so everything is new.

I switched from the Crown Plaza to the Marriott for our October trip.  It was a few dollars cheaper.  It also seemed to be within walking distance of more restaurants and stores.

Stayed there back in January, we enjoyed the hotel very much.

We have stayed twice at the Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn and are booked there again for February. It's not fancy but it is steps from the beach, walking distance to shops, restaurants and the water taxi, if that might be of interest, and has a pretty decent included breakfast.

The last time we were there was just prior to covid, so hoping it will still be as good as it was before.