Requesting Table in MDR

MMcBride

3 minutes ago, MMcBride said:

Can we request a specific table size in MDR (table for 2)? Would the head waiter be available on Embarkation day for this request?

Yes and yes.  Get to the MDR EARLY upon arriving.  If you're in a suite, contact the Concierge for arrangements ahead of boarding.

No guarantees, good luck!

2 hours ago, MMcBride said:

Can we request a specific table size in MDR (table for 2)? Would the head waiter be available on Embarkation day for this request?

Yes, to the first question and no to the second, the head of the dining room would be available. Your head waiter might be elsewhere as sometimes they work multiple jobs on the ship. 

Depending on how far out you are, you can email this request also- I think they suggest around 30 days before. I sent a request for a table for 3 of us (a table for 4, basically) and near a window or the front door.... They sent me this a few days later, which has the table size, table number and some other info on it. It was cool to have a table number ahead of time so on embarkation day, when we did our Muster, which happened to be in our dining room, we were able  to walk around and find the table.

image.gif

On 7/27/2023 at 9:10 AM, ScottD said:

Depending on how far out you are, you can email this request also- I think they suggest around 30 days before. I sent a request for a table for 3 of us (a table for 4, basically) and near a window or the front door.... They sent me this a few days later, which has the table size, table number and some other info on it. It was cool to have a table number ahead of time so on embarkation day, when we did our Muster, which happened to be in our dining room, we were able  to walk around and find the table.

image.gif

What informaiton did you provide in the email? Reservation number, etc? 

2 minutes ago, gi333 said:

I'm sailing Aug 13 and sent the request to not be in group seating and I got what looked like a auto reply stating 30 days in advance. Should I still try to ask on boarding day?

You can always ask for a table change onboard if you still want one. There's no downside. Worst case is they say they cannot fulfill your request.

Slight detour here, has anyone ever dined on deck 5 MDR of the Adventure of the Seas? Our cabin is on deck 10 & after our "challenges" with the elevators on the Wonder we decided we wanted to try to do a majority of stairs moving forward, we actually didn't "hate" the stairs. Whenever not on a class with #CK we do dine in MDR most nights. We have only ever been assigned decks 3 or 4. Is 5 saved for something special? Would they allow us a table there albeit we have the standard early seating? One last question please where do you prefer to sit (location in dining room) for a little less noise, rear, sides, corner, on railing? We always get a table for just the 3 of us, our sailing is 300 + days away and I booked a few specialty but the specialty restaurants don't have enough variety to draw us back after one visit, so thoughts? I would love to hear your ideas! Thanks so much!!

39 minutes ago, Neesa said:

I would love to hear your ideas!

My idea... Switch to my Wonder June 2nd sailing. Look at all the questions you have about Adventure! It would be so much easier and we didn't have your issues the 1st week of June this year. 🤣

Sorry, couldn't help it. We're not MDR fans so I don't actually have anything all that useful to add. We'll probably eat there maybe 3 out of 7 nights in March when there's an entree picky wife will eat and see how it goes. We just ask for a table for 2 and don't really care where we're seated.

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

Slight detour here, has anyone ever dined on deck 5 MDR of the Adventure of the Seas? Our cabin is on deck 10 & after our "challenges" with the elevators on the Wonder we decided we wanted to try to do a majority of stairs moving forward, we actually didn't "hate" the stairs. Whenever not on a class with #CK we do dine in MDR most nights. We have only ever been assigned decks 3 or 4. Is 5 saved for something special? Would they allow us a table there albeit we have the standard early seating? One last question please where do you prefer to sit (location in dining room) for a little less noise, rear, sides, corner, on railing? We always get a table for just the 3 of us, our sailing is 300 + days away and I booked a few specialty but the specialty restaurants don't have enough variety to draw us back after one visit, so thoughts? I would love to hear your ideas! Thanks so much!!

Not sure- we had deck 5 for MDR on Oasis, not sure if they all work the same, but I thought they used one floor specifically for MTD 

I agree with @OCSC Mike as far as wait staff goes.  I don't really care where I sit (as long as it's a table for 2...preferably not one in the long row of elbow-to-elbow 2 tops) and I don't really understand the quest to have the same wait staff every night.  I don't really find any advantage to having the same wait staff night after night.  

I think the upper decks USED to be for MTD but recently (I believe, due to the popularity of MTD vs traditional dining) they have moved the MTD down to the lower (bigger) dining rooms.  I have absolutely no idea who dines on the upper levels now ! ...but I suspect it is the traditional folks.

When we first started cruising after the shut down, I was very particular about where they sat us for MTD.  I really do hate those jammed-up 2 tops that are all in a row and I would hold out for something more "private" but I soon realized that I was coming off as a horrible "Karen" so I resolved to chill out and just go with whatever was available.  My life is much more mellow now that I made that adjustment.  The only thing I refuse to do is eat at a "common" table - even for breakfast.  One of the downsides of MTD vs traditional is that you don't have "my table" and so you are subject to availability.  I have made my peace with that.

21 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I don't really care where I sit (as long as it's a table for 2...preferably not one in the long row of elbow-to-elbow 2 tops) and I don't really understand the quest to have the same wait staff every night.  I don't really find any advantage to having the same wait staff night after night.

That's where we sat on Indy last year but we only we ate there once or twice during a 3/4 B2B and once during a 4-nighter so it was fine. That said, I agree I'd rather be anywhere else.

24 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I resolved to chill out and just go with whatever was available.  My life is much more mellow now that I made that adjustment.

Good to hear. More important things in life to worry about.

25 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I don't really find any advantage to having the same wait staff night after night.

It only matters to us when sailing as an extended family since my one niece has some severe food allergies. We happened to be in suites in June and had the same CK table with the same server every night and had an amazing experience from the CK manager down to our server but that's a pretty specific set of circumstances. The manager went out of his way to ask/suggest stuff to my niece every night for the next day/night but she's so picky besides the allergies I felt bad. He got her to try a couple things then she would revert back to the 5 things she eats everyday, lol.