"Monstrosity" of the Seas

There's two laughable aspects to this "article".

First, the "monstrosity" quote comes from a random person on Twitter.  Not a travel expert. Not a cruise expert. Just some tweet the reporter found and quoted. If I'm not mistaken, the original article was from a UK tabloid.

Second, is the fact so many other even lazier reporters just copied the original article and went with it. 

I look forward to the many upcoming articles that will quote @smokeybandit random musings as fact of public opinion.

On 7/14/2023 at 1:08 PM, Vancity Cruiser said:

Its interesting. I truly believe that Icon's targeted consumer is the non-cruiser, not the experienced cruiser.

That is very interesting I've never looked at Icon in that light before, that Royal is not only targeting families but also the non-cruiser.    

For someone like myself I love cruising on Adventure (it was my first cruise ever I still love that ship),  Navigator, Anthem, Freedom (Class), and of course any and all Oasis Class ships.  At some point I will book a cruise on Icon but I'm in no rush in fact I've already booked a B2B on Utopia and can see my self booking multiple cruises on Utopia. Whereas Icon unless there is something I'm missing something Royal is holding back, some type of wow factor,  I think Icon will be a one and done for me whenever I decide to book it.  

Am I the only one who feels that that the new, radical design of the hull is really cool?

I have no intention of going on Icon (just booked Wonder this week) as I feel that it simply 

isn't aimed for us olds, but was looking forward to Utopia.  The short cruises are off-putting

as I'm not going to drive 7 hours for that.  Now if I dig a little deeper and feel like the back-to-back

cruises are financially viable, then possible. 

I still need to cruise on Symphony and Allure to complete the class!

14 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

except… there is! 😃 cloud 17 is an adults only pool on one of the upper decks!

That's good to know as adults will have to find a quiet place.  It's on Deck 17 so it looks like it possibly has full sun exposure.  Wonder how that will be with the wind on sea days ?  

6 hours ago, Montemy2419 said:

adults will have to find a quiet place

I think one of the benefits of the design is that Adults won't have to find a quiet place.  Kids and families will be finding active places.  Stay away from Deck 7 and you'll be missing a good amount of sailors.  Down there they will splash and scream and ride the carousel and go to Adventure Ocean and even eat.