Now They Did It To Kids Menu

osok

All this changing up MDR menu has been okay but now they have gone to far.  Are you kidding me as a senior I can no longer order a banana split because it was taken off the kids menu.  Where do the cuts end.  Okay a kid probably does not need a banana split at dinner but a senior has few good years remaining and should be able to eat all the junk they want.  Can still get 2 scoops with choclate syrup so guess I will bring a banana into MDR from morning room service order.  Guess I will never grow up!

4 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

Actually based on the 20 months shut down they are very understandable.

No way. I don't pay for cuts. There 20 months of shut down is not my problem. If you cannot deliver the service and quality you advertise, close up and go out of business. Nobody takes my money problems into consideration. Nobody said we may make cuts when they took my money. There past problems should not effect me and what I paid for.

8 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

No way. I don't pay for cuts. There 20 months of shut down is not my problem. If you cannot deliver the service and quality you advertise, close up and go out of business. Nobody takes my money problems into consideration. Nobody said we may make cuts when they took my money. There past problems should not effect me and what I paid for.

Huh?  They advertised a banana split to you?  You booked because of a banana split?

Of the things that could be cut, I'm happy it was the banana split because I wasn't going to get it anyway.  So my tomorrow is the same as my yesterday.  The person taking your money problems into consideration is you.  You decide whether there is value enough in the cruise to book it or not book it.  When there is not, I assume you will stop booking and I will understand that choice the same way I understand the choice to cut around the edges after a financial catastrophe for the industry.

There's a tipping point on cuts to be sure.  You seem closer to yours than I am.  There's nothing wrong with you feeling that way.  Different things have different value to different people.

1 hour ago, Xaa said:

Huh?  They advertised a banana split to you?  You booked because of a banana split?

Of the things that could be cut, I'm happy it was the banana split because I wasn't going to get it anyway.  So my tomorrow is the same as my yesterday.  The person taking your money problems into consideration is you.  You decide whether there is value enough in the cruise to book it or not book it.  When there is not, I assume you will stop booking and I will understand that choice the same way I understand the choice to cut around the edges after a financial catastrophe for the industry.

There's a tipping point on cuts to be sure.  You seem closer to yours than I am.  There's nothing wrong with you feeling that way.  Different things have different value to different people.

You did read all the posts right? I wasn't the one with the banana issue.

It's hard to take value into consideration when the 2 trips I booked and paid for last year for 2023 & 2024 were done and dusted before the food cuts etc were made. 

I have zero tolerance or patience for those who remind us of Royal Caribbeans debt/problems etc. That's why I commented on cutbacks being "very understandable". They didn't say to me are you sure you can afford this when they took my money. I don't want to hear from anyone about there financial problems or how cutbacks are understandable. They sure as heck aren't to me. 

And I couldn't give a flying blank about the "financial catastrophe" for the industry. Again, not my problem. If it's too difficult, they shouldn't have reopened. The world would have kept spinning. Nobody needs a cruise. It's a luxury item. And something that should require a million times more effort on the part of the business selling its goods then say a grocery store. It's not essential.

But I do take offense to "you decide whether there is value enough in the cruise to book it or not book it" because the value at the time of booking last year vs now has seemed to diminish at no fault of my own. Had I known a year ago that this many endless cuts were coming, I would not have booked 2 trips. Those choices were taken out of my hands. And I'll be dammed if I'm going to loose non refundable money. 

I'm sorry it's intense. I totally do not understand the endless defense of a billion dollar corporation that goes on here. No matter how long I spend with you guys. It's just lost on me. I don't mean to be hostile, grouchy, a raving bitch? LOL. I just really feel like what I bought last year is not what I'm about to get anymore. And I feel the cuts is now Royal Caribbean making there problems mine. I'm still trying very hard to be excited. We sail 3 weeks from today. I could eat pizza and burgers and be happy. I don't like Lobster. But people complaining there use to be five salad dressings and now only 3 etc etc etc is just a real downer. When it's a little thing like that, but a new one every other day. It adds up. It just seems to never end. 

But if I knew then, what I know now. Well..........(But I didn't and I guess that's my point). I'm still excited and prepared to be flexible. 

1 hour ago, CanHardlyWait said:

You did read all the posts right? I wasn't the one with the banana issue.

It's hard to take value into consideration when the 2 trips I booked and paid for last year for 2023 & 2024 were done and dusted before the food cuts etc were made. 

I have zero tolerance or patience for those who remind us of Royal Caribbeans debt/problems etc. That's why I commented on cutbacks being "very understandable". They didn't say to me are you sure you can afford this when they took my money. I don't want to hear from anyone about there financial problems or how cutbacks are understandable. They sure as heck aren't to me. 

And I couldn't give a flying blank about the "financial catastrophe" for the industry. Again, not my problem. If it's too difficult, they shouldn't have reopened. The world would have kept spinning. Nobody needs a cruise. It's a luxury item. And something that should require a million times more effort on the part of the business selling its goods then say a grocery store. It's not essential.

But I do take offense to "you decide whether there is value enough in the cruise to book it or not book it" because the value at the time of booking last year vs now has seemed to diminish at no fault of my own. Had I known a year ago that this many endless cuts were coming, I would not have booked 2 trips. Those choices were taken out of my hands. And I'll be dammed if I'm going to loose non refundable money. 

I'm sorry it's intense. I totally do not understand the endless defense of a billion dollar corporation that goes on here. No matter how long I spend with you guys. It's just lost on me. I don't mean to be hostile, grouchy, a raving bitch? LOL. I just really feel like what I bought last year is not what I'm about to get anymore. And I feel the cuts is now Royal Caribbean making there problems mine. I'm still trying very hard to be excited. We sail 3 weeks from today. I could eat pizza and burgers and be happy. I don't like Lobster. But people complaining there use to be five salad dressings and now only 3 etc etc etc is just a real downer. When it's a little thing like that, but a new one every other day. It adds up. It just seems to never end. 

But if I knew then, what I know now. Well..........(But I didn't and I guess that's my point). I'm still excited and prepared to be flexible. 

I read it.  I took your post to be that cutting the Banana Split was not understandable.  I certainly understand it.  They are making cuts and trying to do it where it will have the least impact.  It's not zero impact, but the least.

So you don't care about the Banana Split.  You don't care about the charge for the second lobster.  Which cuts are you worried about for your trip?  Is it the once a day room cleaning?  This is the first I heard about any salad dressing.

About your choice when you booked it, you had several choices.  One of which was to trust the value to remain constant and forgo the refundable deposit fare vs the other of choosing a refundable fare and paying to continue to exercise choice closer to the sailing date.  You made your choice.  I understand you aren't completely happy with it in this moment.  I hope after your sailing in 3 weeks you feel better about it.  I hope the areas cut have little impact on you.

Understanding cuts isn't the same as wanting them.  Nobody prefers cuts, hell, I still want the midnight buffets set up even though I'm sleeping by midnight probably 6 of the 7 nights, but I do understand why they were cut.

Understanding that a billion dollar corporation is going to seek profitability which is the only way it can exist is not defending them.  It's just being realistic about how business works.  They are walking a tight line to provide value for their shareholders while at the same time trying to maintain enough value for their customers that they remain customers.  It's not always easy.  There may be a cut in the future that is the last straw for me.  While it may be understandable to me, my choice to move to another cruise line or another type of vacation will be understandable to them.

I think you're going to love your cruise.  I hope you do anyway.

8 hours ago, Xaa said:

I read it.  I took your post to be that cutting the Banana Split was not understandable.  I certainly understand it.  They are making cuts and trying to do it where it will have the least impact.  It's not zero impact, but the least.

So you don't care about the Banana Split.  You don't care about the charge for the second lobster.  Which cuts are you worried about for your trip?  Is it the once a day room cleaning?  This is the first I heard about any salad dressing.

About your choice when you booked it, you had several choices.  One of which was to trust the value to remain constant and forgo the refundable deposit fare vs the other of choosing a refundable fare and paying to continue to exercise choice closer to the sailing date.  You made your choice.  I understand you aren't completely happy with it in this moment.  I hope after your sailing in 3 weeks you feel better about it.  I hope the areas cut have little impact on you.

Understanding cuts isn't the same as wanting them.  Nobody prefers cuts, hell, I still want the midnight buffets set up even though I'm sleeping by midnight probably 6 of the 7 nights, but I do understand why they were cut.

Understanding that a billion dollar corporation is going to seek profitability which is the only way it can exist is not defending them.  It's just being realistic about how business works.  They are walking a tight line to provide value for their shareholders while at the same time trying to maintain enough value for their customers that they remain customers.  It's not always easy.  There may be a cut in the future that is the last straw for me.  While it may be understandable to me, my choice to move to another cruise line or another type of vacation will be understandable to them.

I think you're going to love your cruise.  I hope you do anyway.

You used the word understand a lot. I'm not thick, I understand. This is not about understanding. They should have calculated there pricing much higher with each month they sat idle and got farther into debt. They obviously didn't. And some time between last May and now they realized there mistake and started taking it out on the folks who already paid their debt. It was piss poor planning on there part. Clearly the rates offered as of a year ago should have been doubled. And I'm fine with that. I would have been fine with that. I'm fine with new photo package price, cabana price, drinks and dinning price, if you don't like the higher price your trip can still go on. But for those past the point of no return 8 million little things cut are a violation of the understanded reasonable expectation of goods and services at time of booking. It's bad business.

If everything is cut, then nobody should expect me to keep the full automatic gratuities I guess? Then I too should be justified in making cuts. After all it's happening everywhere. And if you or anyone else here doesn't like that suggestion, should I question your your understanding of it? Probably would be a little condescending of me. 

Point is understanding and excepting are two different things. Bottom line, cut backs after (Not Before) you take peoples money is just dirty business. Double next years rates, right now, today. But eat what you piss poor decided to charge last year as a loss. That's on you for not planning out better your profits and losses. If you should have charge me five hundred more at booking and didn't, don't look for ways to take it out on me now. 

I'm not the only one who feels this way. It's bad business and will come at a price.

10 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

This is not about understanding.

I must have been mistaken.  I replied to you posting "No Way." to a post about cuts being "very understandable".

Which of the "8 million cuts" are the ones that are going to impact you the most?  So far we've ruled out Banana Split and Lobster.

1 hour ago, Xaa said:

I must have been mistaken.  I replied to you posting "No Way." to a post about cuts being "very understandable".

Which of the "8 million cuts" are the ones that are going to impact you the most?  So far we've ruled out Banana Split and Lobster.

And they are not "understandable". Just because Royal Caribbean has debt does not mean it's "understandable" for them to make cuts after taking peoples hard earned money. It's not my fault they did not price this year's sailings high enough last year to cover maintaining the same level of food, quality, and service people purchasing last year have come to expect. And since it's not my fault, it should not become my problem.

As for the heavy use of the term "understand" it was condescending and unnecessarily rude. 

1 hour ago, Xaa said:

I could give you a list of the one's that would impact me the most. But you would argue each one down because if the sun doesn't shine Royal Caribbean out your backside around here, then you are a criminal. Why can't you let this go? Which one of MY issues with the billion dollar corporation upsets you the most? 

38 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait said:

As for the heavy use of the term "understand" it was condescending and unnecessarily rude. 

I think this is where we lost each other.  That's really the only point I was trying to make is that they are understandable.  My intent was to differentiate that which I understand from that which I like or will tolerate endlessly.  No intent to be rude or condescending.

I'm not yet to my tipping point with these things.  You appear to be closer.

I'll leave you with the last word, I think I have nothing more to add.

27 minutes ago, Xaa said:

I think this is where we lost each other.  That's really the only point I was trying to make is that they are understandable.  My intent was to differentiate that which I understand from that which I like or will tolerate endlessly.  No intent to be rude or condescending.

I'm not yet to my tipping point with these things.  You appear to be closer.

I'll leave you with the last word, I think I have nothing more to add.

I'm good. 

18 hours ago, osok said:

My post was really a tougue in cheek post about a senior not able to order banana split from kid's menu.  Please know that a kid or senior can still order all the ice cream they desire with toppings, just bring your banana from somewhere else on the ship. lol

Just like last summer when I had to bring my own cucumber from the WJ buffet to have a bar make me a "Cool as a Cucumber" after being told throughout the cruise that they couldn't because they had no cucumbers (at any of the bars).