hoping to be reunited on harmony... (4.29.23-5.6.23 ~ harmony of the seas)

asquared17

1 hour ago, asquared17 said:

@Pooch the couch is sizeable!!

i laid longways on it and there was room to spare. since i’m around 5’5 (in my mind, i am 6’2!!!), i would say it is a 6 foot couch. i also had room to move a bit. if DD is a restless sleeper, she could hypothetically roll off, but if she sleeps like me (i rarely move if i know that i’m in a smaller space than normal or sharing), i think she’d be fine. 

also the cushions remove?? so i think you could make it futon style somehow if you had to. 

i sat with my back all the way against the cushions and attempted to take a picture to show how deep it is. i’m flashing a peace sign in the shadow for you ✌🏻😂

IMG_3081.jpeg

hopefully this awkward measurement helps!!

It absolutely does!  DD is only 4’11” so I think it will be fine. ❤️❤️

we stopped in vintages around 6:15 and got our glasses of chandon before walking through central park to go to descend to 5 for GS.

thankfully we picked a perfect time to go and there was no line!! the guest services were they were amazing, as always 💚 @Pooch i told them that i wanted to leave a duck behind for you and they advised me day six would be the ultimate time to find your cabin attendant to leave it so a hunting i will go on day six 😂

we just ordered a FEAST here at jamie’s. i will include pics later (i swear i will remember this time)

i wore my red maxi dress so i could be the dancing girl emoji 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 and also embrace my italian heritage. 💚 and of course, my favorite red lipstick!!

the lights were changing color in the promenade when we walked back to jamie’s - so cool!

…J is laughing because they are playing hard core 80s music in jamie’s right now 😂

IMG_3084.jpeg

IMG_3091.jpeg

IMG_3092.jpeg

IMG_3088.jpeg

IMG_3087.jpeg

Hey, my TA sent me an updated invoice for my cruise that i booked the infamous Premiere Package on. 

Remember how it showed $100, then $50 for the apology OBC?

Check this out. Maybe i missed it in the follow-up discussion, but it looks like mine is $50 each.  Is that what you found for this cruise, $50 each for you and J?

Screenshot_20230430_221610_AcrobatforSamsung.thumb.jpg.e734702575b63dba383d307d8ce18f0d.jpg

jamie’s was delicious!! we are going back on friday night/coco cay day/final night!

our server’s name was sairah, and she was so sweet 💚 we started off with the truffle arancini and béchamel sauce — the sauce was so good, i used the tops of my garlic bread to soak it up. 😛

then the truffle pasta arrived!!! it was sooo good!! tagliatelle is one of my favorite pastas, so i was DELIGHTED by this. i think @Lovetocruise2002  said she thought the truffle pasta was better at jamie’s than at CK — hot take, but i think i have to disagree 😅😬 i found the truffle sauce richer and more distinctly of truffles in CK — BUT! jamie’s was still very delicious, and i’ll be getting it for a second round when we go back. like true italians, we were served our salads last. 

we also got the fries with truffles and cheese but they were underwhelming. they didn’t have much flavor; we agreed they were the only miss among dinner.

for dessert, J got the meringue cheesecake - “the tallest at sea” indeed; she told me it was delicious and that she’s getting it again when we go back. i got the raspberry sorbet (anyone else singing “raspberry beret” right now? no? just me?? okay then 😂) and it was creamier than i had anticipated. still very good, would (and will) get again.

the back end of our dinner was rushed because we knew we were in a race against time to get seats at the aqua show since i’d canceled our reservation to be sure we could get to jamie’s.

we probably would have been okay on time EXCEPT there were bathroom shenanigans…

about halfway through my pasta, i had to step away to use the rest room. (spoiler alert: this was not the shenanigan (is there a singular form of shenanigans???)

when i got to the forward public bathrooms on deck 8 (in front of vintages), they are a single use bathroom with staterooms directly across (RIP those poor folks tbh) and a woman in a strapless orange jumpsuit was waiting. i offered to go in the men’s room instead — again, SINGLE STALL (it would have been fine) — but it was occupied. 🫠

finally the orange jumpsuit can go in and she is having trouble closing the automatic door. i tell her “no problem,” and i grab it and pull with all my might so that she can go. (faster she goes, the faster i get to go and return to my pasta!! priorities, people!!!)

she jokes around that i am now her new bestie for helping her and that she might as well just have me come in, since she’s going to need me to tie her jumpsuit back up when she’s done.

… i’ll have you know that i DID tie up her jumpsuit when she was done 😂 and then she thanked me, “bathroom bestie.”

on my way back to jamie’s, i hear, “hey!! bathroom bestie!!!” and i look to my left to see a suit dressed man and my orange jumpsuit gal, sitting at an outside table on the patio at vintages. he looks somewhat confused but smiles and she says, “she’s the one who helped me!!” i smile graciously and say “and she’s got a great outfit,” and continue on my one track mission to return to the truffle pasta. it was only slightly startling, because i hadn’t figured on running into anyone and i was on a mission 😂

also i’m unsure about the hastily acquired nickname 🙃😅 but her heart was in the right place.

we raced out of jamie’s, after making a quick reservation for friday, and back to the cabin to drop off my final diamond voucher glass bottle of aqua panna and grab a charcoal tablet to soak up some of the food in our stomachs. 

then we hoofed it to deck 6 for the aqua show, only to find that the entire wing section was roped off — so there was no way to get to our preferred seats from below. we did a 180 and went back inside, up to deck 7, and traversed the hallway down to the after public balcony space.

my aqua theater suite friends know what this space looks like all too well 😎 but for us, it is our preferred place to watch the show. thankfully there was no one there and we scored chairs so we didn’t have to stand the whole time! 

for the record, the aqua show is always my favorite. from a production standpoint (my parents are in production), they are always on point and there are so many elements to coordinate that it’s really spectacular. then you add in the sheer abilities of the crew who perform and all that they do — AMAZING. 

i thought there were more lights and strobing than we saw at HIRO on symphony, but i liked the music a lot more in this show. there was only one guy in the high line but he was great so it didn’t even matter. 

as per usual, to beat the crowds/mass exodus, we fled the scene just before it ended and hitched an elevator to go home.

i must say, this time deck 11 is a totally different scene. 

to be honest, this SAILING is a totally different scene, more like the noise levels of cruises we’ve taken in the past — in a GOOD way. 

there are still kids and families of all backgrounds but it’s nothing like the party scene of our february sailing, thank god.

the worst noise we get from around us so far is just ambient noise from CP, depending on the music playing in the park. tonight we discovered there is a jazz quartet (well we knew they were there) playing until 10. it’s not the guitar melodies we’re used to, still very nice, drew a large crowd. we can hear it through the balcony door even though we are quite a distance away from it… only 10 more minutes though, and then it should quiet down a bit. 

time for pics!!

IMG_3093.jpeg

IMG_3094.jpeg

IMG_3095.jpeg

IMG_3096.jpeg

IMG_3097.jpeg

IMG_3100.jpeg

IMG_3101.jpeg

IMG_3106.jpeg

IMG_3108.jpeg

IMG_3121.jpeg

IMG_3122.jpeg

31 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

Hey, my TA sent me an updated invoice for my cruise that i booked the infamous Premiere Package on. 

Remember how it showed $100, then $50 for the apology OBC?

Check this out. Maybe i missed it the follow-up discussion, but it looks like mine is $50 each.  Is that what you found for this cruise, $50 each for you and J?

Screenshot_20230430_221610_AcrobatforSamsung.thumb.jpg.e734702575b63dba383d307d8ce18f0d.jpg

J’s app is all messed up and still not squared away so i’m not sure what hers shows. mine has the $50 represented but i only pursed the pass in my name, so that tracks. 

oddly though, i was getting charged for gratuities and i’d paid them up front in full last month, so i had to call down to GS about that. 

premiere pass shenanigans… the gift that keeps on giving 😂😂

good morning from the caribbean!

my eyes popped open at 5am like some kind of rogue internal alarm clock. i debated trying to fall back asleep but knew the window for a morning workout/walk and sunrise was dwindling as the minutes ticked by. 

thankfully i had laid out everything last night before bed, so it was an easy change and out the door i went. 

let me tell you, even at 5:30 in the morning, the air was THICK outside. there was no super speedy walking for me; i kept a good pace but only managed about 2.5 laps before it become too much. deciding insane wind would be better, i took an elevator up to 16 and lost count of how many laps i did through the upper area of the solarium and midway bridge where the bars are. the cross breeze nearly took me down a few times, but it kept me cooler, and that was all i wanted. 

it was also the perfect time to catch the sunrise!!

after that, i needed to cool down, so i went to the diamond lounge but was too early for even the continental breakfast options 😂 i read on my phone for a bit and then happily enjoyed a cup of fruit salad. 

J should be up soon, so it’ll be time to shower and grab seats at the pool deck. i could go for coffee too. 😅 this 5am wake up call may wind up kicking my butt later but it was worth the sunrise. 

IMG_6339.jpeg

i love a dramatic staircase maxi shot; this is classic me - a hurricane in motion, en route to her beloved truffle pasta 💃🏻💃🏻

IMG_3128.jpeg

IMG_3131.jpeg

IMG_3132.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Robert M said:

ok newb question, what is a Charcoal tab? 

i should preface this by saying — i am not a doctor or a nutritionist. by now y’all know where i stand with all my supplements, so i have a pretty good read on what my body can and can’t tolerate. even so, i was able to bring these to my doctor to see if they would be good for me, and he had me try them out to make sure i didn’t suffer any weird effects before agreeing to bring them on vacation etc. 

charcoal tablets essentially absorb what’s in your stomach and help with digestion. if you overindulge in rich foods or alcohol, it can help with that terrible bloated/out of it feeling. because they are so absorbent, they MUST be taken with a lot of water. but they work great 😎

https://www.amazon.com/Activated-Charcoal-Capsules-Whitening-Digestive/dp/B01N7UEWKC?ref_=ast_sto_dp

this is the brand i use but there are many options out there. 

i usually keep some in my purse or car just in case. 

well it’s sunny and gorgeous here!! 

we arrived around 8:15 and our preferred seats had towels on them so we just shifted further down the row. not going to lie, getting the spray from the slide is refreshing, and every so often someone will come down with a HUGE splash and give us a little extra spray 😎

breakfast is always challenging for us because i refuse to navigate the madness in the jammer, and we need to stake out seats. after we got here, i ran down to park cafe and got two of the mini vegetarian breakfast burritos and a yogurt. yesterdays veg burrito was eggs, mozzarella cheese and artichoke hearts. DELICIOUS. today was egg, cheese and peppers. also quite good. 

i prefer the options where no one handles your food or utensils but you. call me crazy, but with people just openly sneezing and not covering their mouths left right and center, i’m good with my food being handed off to me. 

also last time when i was in the solarium, i saw funfetti/sprinkle pancakes and thought i was having an out of body experience 😆 i thought the solarium was supposed to be healthier fare??? rip us all 😂

we would love to do the MDR but typically don’t want to miss out on valuable sun time.  maybe if we get up early enough tomorrow in st maarten, we’ll try it. 

lunch is tbd; for dinner i think we will do our MTD 6:30 reservation. J ran into one of our tablemates (the nicest one — they were all quite friendly though) in the jammer getting eggs, and he asked if we were coming back. she told him we’d probably see them on lobster night — and we might! but i also like having a table that’s just for us as well, so maybe we’ll find that we really like our setup tonite. 

honestly 5:15 too so early for us since we usually don’t depart the pool until 4-4:30 and need to shower etc before dinner. the first night when we’re all dragging from travel shenanigans, yes, full stop let’s go. but it’s better with a little more flexibility, i think, for the rest of the cruise. 

we do have grease reservations tonite at 8 but i doubt we will make it… especially since i was up at 5. 😴

maybe we can try to make it to the back of deck 15/16 today since we’ve yet to venture over there. mini golf is always a fun after dinner activity 💚

16 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

My favorite dessert at Jamie's is the sorbet, oooh I had pineapple a couple of years ago and I still dream about it. But that lemon meringue, not good to me. The new arancini on the MDR doesn't hold a candle to Jamie's but it will do in a pinch. 

i will tell you what - that raspberry sorbet was pretty dreamy. 

we are going to do the MDR tonite and arancini are on the menu. i’ll let you know how we do 💚

thankful i took your recommendation to book jamie’s! it was soooo good. 

okay so tonight was the - we have MTD a reservations but we also have early traditional reservations experiment. 

my royal app, which has for the past few weeks — UP UNTIL THIS EVENING (!) in my TIME OF NEED — displayed that we had a 6:30 MTD reservation — crapped out on me as soon as we got to the host stand. 

but let me backtrack…

today was a SCORCHER. 

holy COW was it hot. J and i both had to take a break around lunch to go back to the cabin and just cool off, get out of the sun. when you consider we’re in it from like 8am ish to 4… that’s a lot of sun time. we are smart about it; we mainline water, we set up near the shower and rinse off often, and we don’t try to be heroes. we take breaks to eat and/or go indoors when we need to. 

but even so. 

i think we each went through a liter and a half of water just sitting out at the pool. 

i had attempted to go to mini bites for lunch but mini bites is essentially el loco fresh without the signage/branding. which means, a LOT of people ~touching the same utensils over an over. clearly i aborted that mission real quick. 

we both hit the jammer between 2-3 right before it closed at three so it wasn’t super packed. (when i tell you i washed my hands before entering the jammer, at the washy station, used a napkin to touch the tongs and then washed again before eating.  

guys. i know.  i have a thing about germs. but the only time i got sick from food on a cruise was from food in the WJ, so i am cautious now. 

anyway, y’all didn’t come along to hear about my germ phobia!! 

we freshened up for dinner and went to vintages to get pre-dinner champagne before  queuing up for MTD. vintages here on harmony is set up a little different but the most notable difference is that they don’t have any chilled glasses for champagne. instead all their glassware sits on top of the sanitizer — which J and i both know from many many moons ago when we worked at starbucks — gets very hot indeed. 

and a hot glass receiving cool champagne gets flat faster than you want. 

we asked them if they had any chilled glasses but they just looked at us funny and said they’d put some ice in the glass to try and chill it. maybe when we go tomorrow, we won’t be in such a rush and we can sit for a few minutes while the glasses chill, because it wasn’t quite long enough this time. 

champagne thus acquired, we traversed central park to head back to the MDR and took the stairs down to deck 3. 

when they called for the 6:30 reservations, we moved forward, unaware that catastrophe was about to strike. 

once up at the booth, they told us we were signed up for early seating and i mentioned i’d blocked MTD for every night in my cruise planner. and of course… it suddenly was erased and not showing up. 

the host called his supervisor, who was extremely gracious and kind and told us he’d make sure we got in no problem, we only had to call him for the rest of the week or ask for him when we showed up. we told him we had specialty dining on nights 5 + 7 but we’d back tomorrow and on night 6 (formal night). he even checked in with us before we left for the evening and made sure we were happy. 

i felt so bad because i never wanted to be THAT PERSON but i really did have the reservations!! ironically they were showing up on J’s glitchy app, of all the places.

dinner was italian night; which, after jamie’s last night, is a tough act to follow any way you slice it. 

still, we got the arancini ( @Ampurp85 you are dead on with your assessment; jamie’s is better but MDR will do in a pinch), the polenta chips (these were a bit dried out but i ate most of them), caesar salads, and mains. 

i ordered the fish; which was fine but salty and a bit over cooked for me, and pour served wanted to bring out a “small portion” of the risotto as well. thankfully it was a full size portion and though he looked horrified that i was unable to eat the fish, i told him i was quite happy with the risotto. he offered to get me another larger portion and i had to hold him back 😅

we liked our server; he was a bit quieter, reserved, but had a good sense of humor. when he asked if we wanted more bread, we told him we really just liked the cheese rolls. he said “oh, i got you,” and then returned with only the cheese rolls!!! 

a man after my own heart. 

the risotto DEFINITELY had a truffle oil or something along those lines on it. the smell/taste was faint, but it was there. J got the chicken parm; the portion was huge but she liked it.

we both got the lemon tart for dessert; it was creamy/sweet, not as mouth-puckeringly tart as i love, but still very tasty. 

J nearly spit hers out when i finished scraping out the insides and then declared, “i neutered it.” (because i took all the filling/important parts out!!! 😆 i’m sorry fam, it’s been a long day in the sun. don’t hold it against me. 😂😅)

we both agreed that we didn’t hate the new menus, or the portion sizes. while i would have happily eaten a shrimp cocktail tonight, it was fine without it, and i felt like our portions of everything were more than big enough. if you want more, or something else, they will happily get it for you. this way there is (hopefully) less waste.

after popping a charcoal each (i was smart enough to bring along to dinner this time), we departed dinner to trek up to deck 15 and attempt to play mini golf. for some reason, the lighting was very dim on the course, so we fled back down to deck 8 to go to jamie’s.

@Lovetocruise2002 you will be happy to know this is the third night running that i’ve used diamond vouchers for the large aqua panna bottles and no one batted an eye. it probably helps that we were very chatty with all the staff there last night and will be back on friday, but even so!!

@Neesa i got my feather pillow!! and returned the water package last night — they took the case away but i’m still tracking to see the refund in my app. 

7 hours ago, Pooch said:

I have 8 bottles of sunscreen!  Taking no chances!!!

this is very smart!! if only our luggage weights would allow for this… 😆😆 you’ll be happy to know i triple applied today!! (and still got burned, because i am not as diligent as J when it comes to reapplying 😅)

photos to follow in the next post! 

Not much in  the way of sides with that fish!  How was the sauce?  I love fish but rarely make it at home cuz hubby hates the smell.  I was planning on ordering it several times.  Yes? No?  I don’t think a piece of fish and one piece of broccoli will be enough 😳

So first, those pants and me could be the best of friends......I don't do fashion, but I love those pants. Pockets and wide legged enough to make me look like a snack. 😘

Second, we are sisters from other mister because I did the exact same thing to the lemon tart, but you ate more meringue than me. I also wanted to be punched a little more with the lemon curd. Also, that chicken parm on Italian night is massive. I found the risotto really lacking on Grandeur and was too afraid to try it on Freedom. 

Lastly, how long did you take the charcoal tabs to see about an adverse reaction? I just started a combo of BCAA, Biotin and l glutamine.......in powder form and it has changed my life. 

23 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Not much in  the way of sides with that fish!  How was the sauce?  I love fish but rarely make it at home cuz hubby hates the smell.  I was planning on ordering it several times.  Yes? No?

we are the same about fish smells @ home, so i understand his reluctance. 

the fish itself was decent but it was over cooked/mushy; we got in at 6:30 but seemed to have straddled a weird line between the 5:15 diners and the 6:45 MTD crew — so i think some of our food had sat under the warmer for too long. 

it was in a lemon butter sauce, which had set a bit and looked vaguely gelatinous by the time it reached the table. 

in short; if fresh, it would probably be fine — but for me, a safer bet will be the pasta options. 

it came on jasmine rice (which i did not even taste) and the broccoli looked sort of strange to me so i didn’t attempt it either.  also i am a HORRIBLE italian because i hate tomatoes. (but i love red sauce, ketchup and most salsa. go figure.)

i think it was @JohnK6404 who mentioned being fortunate enough to live on the east coast where we have access to really fresh fish on the daily; i guess my standards are just too high for fish on board unless if at hooked 😂 i always struggle when i order fish. 

16 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

we are the same about fish smells @ home, so i understand his reluctance. 

the fish itself was decent but it was over cooked/mushy; we got in at 6:30 but seemed to have straddled a weird line between the 5:15 diners and the 6:45 MTD crew — so i think some of our food had sat under the warmer for too long. 

it was in a lemon butter sauce, which had set a bit and looked vaguely gelatinous by the time it reached the table. 

in short; if fresh, it would probably be fine — but for me, a safer bet will be the pasta options. 

it came on jasmine rice (which i did not even taste) and the broccoli looked sort of strange to me so i didn’t attempt it either.  

i think it was @JohnK6404 who mentioned being fortunate enough to live on the east coast where we have access to really fresh fish on the daily; i guess my standards are just too high for fish on board unless if at hooked 😂 i always struggle when i order fish. 

Connecticut here so I get it.  My brother lives on Cape Cod & is an avid fisherman so from the ocean to his grill in under an hour makes for some very tasty fish.  And don’t get me started on what they used to call lobster in the MDR!

32 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

So first, those pants and me could be the best of friends......I don't do fashion, but I love those pants. Pockets and wide legged enough to make me look like a snack. 😘

YES GIRL!!

i typically am not a fan of pockets bc i think they always stick out where i don’t want them to, but these were so dreamy that i didn’t even care!! 

at the risk of being inappropriate (you know me well enough by now 🥰) you are a snack! 💚💚

Second, we are sisters from other mister because I did the exact same thing to the lemon tart, but you ate more meringue than me. I also wanted to be punched a little more with the lemon curd. 

HECK YES! i should have known i wasn’t alone in this!! i felt the same way about the key lime the first night too. it needs to make my mouth literally PUCKER. 

i was afraid i was going to regret the risotto since i don’t really like mushrooms (despite loving truffles), but it’s pretty hard to mess up a risotto. although after your experience on grandeur… but then again, maybe that was just an isolated grandeur incident???

Lastly, how long did you take the charcoal tabs to see about an adverse reaction? I just started a combo of BCAA, Biotin and l glutamine.......in powder form and it has changed my life

i think maybe a week or two? to be fair, i don’t actually take charcoal regularly; just when i know i’m eating richer than usual foods or i plan to indulge in a drink or two, since i’m a one drink wonder 😂

they are good for any time you feel like you either ate too much and need to be rolled away 😂 or you had a little too much of a good time with your bevvies 🥂🍸🍹 

i would say they kick in within 15-20 mins you feel the relief and then it just improves from there. i usually just take one and it’s plenty. two is for extreme situations 😳😬

they def come in handy on cruises, especially since i usually don’t eat dinner late/or three courses at home when it’s dinner time. 

i am living for this new supplement routine you’ve added though!! i think there is some biotin in one of the gummies i take. good stuff!! 💚

21 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Connecticut here so I get it.  My brother lives on Cape Cod & is an avid fisherman so from the ocean to his grill in under an hour makes for some very tasty fish.  And don’t get me started on what they used to call lobster in the MDR!

then you know!!!!

it’s NOT supposed to smell!!!

any time i sniff a fish and it has any sort of smell, i immediately want to refuse it. 

and sometimes fish DOES smell and it doesn’t mean it’s bad!!! 

we are just spoiled 😂💚

we made it to the MDR for breakfast and are currently on the water taxi to go to the holland house! 

i have been tasked with a mission to go to the longchamp store for my mom (bougie 😂) so depending on when the shops open, we may do that relatively soon once we get set up with the seats at HH. 

our water taxi just departed, but we saw friends on our way!!

IMG_3175.jpeg

IMG_3176.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

We have a Longchamp outlet in Rosemont and one of the vintages is obsessed with it. As a non-fashion person, I don't get having the same bag in different colors. 

Have an amazing time at Holland House.

my mom is a big fan of the brand; it’s fine 🙃, we are all different and there are things i like that i’m sure she thinks are nuts too. i just would rather use any kind of unfoldable/reusable bag that i didn’t mind it getting dirty etc than the longchamp one. 

we are having an INCREDIBLE time at the holland house 😎🥰😍 our favorite place!!!

pics to follow later, reception even with t-mobile is not 100 percent and uploading pics takes a long time. 

currently, we are enjoying our free (included) beers under the safety of our umbrella as the UV index of 12 😳 bears down. 

first of all, my outfit was hella cute. 

i was wearing new (to me) shoes that i’d gotten from a second hand shop - they were kate spade kitten heels. for the record, i NEVER wear a kitten heel. (this will be important later.)

we had just gone to vintages to get champagne and i had the gal there transfer it into my corkcicle stemless flute. i had maybe gotten two sips in. (also important later.)

we were on deck 8 and taking the stairs down to deck 3 for my time dining. i was worried because it was like 6:35 and i knew things kicked off between then and 6:45 and i didn’t want to be too late since the shenanigans last night meant we were effectively being squeezed in somewhere. 

so we were rushing. 

we got to deck five and tragedy struck 🙃

i slipped, lost my footing and fell face first down the stairs; arms out, superman style, and couldn’t stop until the landing, where i hit my chin with an audible CLANK. 

somehow by the grace of god, i do not have any broken bones, and never blacked out/lost consciousness. my pride was mostly wounded more than anything and i was super embarrassed. 

two very kind bystanders helped me up; i’d lost one of the god forsaken shoes, and also dropped my champagne corkcicle. (j swears my right arm hit the side when the champagne fell and splattered everywhere but i don’t remember that.)

still, i popped up relatively quick and just wanted to get out of there. so we walked down to 4 and i sat for a hot second to get my bearings. and then i decided we should still go to dinner. the only thing i really wanted to do was change my shoes, but we needed the table, so we pressed on. 

once we got seated and i told J i’d be right back — she offered to come with me but i thought it would just be a quick trip so i declined. and maybe got ten steps before i realized how weird my finger was feeling and that maybe people were onto something when they suggested going to medical. 

so off to medical we went. 

the triage nurse took my details, the recap of the event, my BP (130/86), temp and blood ox. everything was pretty okay except they wanted the doctor to come check me out for sure so we were walked to another room — the ER — to fill out the report form and wait. 

the safety officer also came at one point to take a report and let me know they’d be reviewing the footage on the cameras. 

the doctor, for the record, was great. a total silver fox with sparkly blue eyes and very kind and great sense of humor. 

doc: so it was these shoes that caused you to fall, eh? they are too high. 

me: doc, i wear six inch heels on the regular and i’ve never fallen once. if anything, these are too LOW. 

they x-rayed my finger and verified no break but think it’s a sprain and gave me advil and instructions to ice. 

now, after having changed shoes — and vowing to burn them — we are back at dinner.

all i want to do is lay down but we have to go to jamie’s and get the water after this and also movement will help this be a little better tomorrow (i hope). 

my finger is just the worst of it so far. 

but i’m okay 💚

IMG_3232.jpeg

IMG_3233.jpeg

before disaster struck…

So glad you are okay! Silver fox!! I love it.

What a night, seriously love your skirt. Oh boy, they are reviewing the tapes? I would be mortified more by those tapes, lol!

Yay, the skirt stayed in place...thank goodness for small favors. Actually that's a universe did you a solid in that  situation. 

Edited by Neesa
Added thought