hoping to be reunited on harmony... (4.29.23-5.6.23 ~ harmony of the seas)

asquared17

also, apparently i cannot tell time or dates apart because the man that the FBI apprehended for videoing people in the bathroom off the pool deck WAS ON OUR SAILING.

https://gizmodo.com/royal-caribbean-hidden-camera-jeremy-froias-cruise-1850419657

i'm trying to remember how often i used that bathroom and am hoping i diverted back to our own cabin for the majority of it....

okay UPDATE. apparently it was the bathroom aft near the flowrider, which we never used. there is a form you can fill out on the FBI's page if you were affected by this.

HOW WILD.

ScreenShot2023-05-14at10_45_43AM.thumb.png.69fcadd8978706bdabde12c1de2191ae.png

11 hours ago, asquared17 said:

also, apparently i cannot tell time or dates apart because the man that the FBI apprehended for videoing people in the bathroom off the pool deck WAS ON OUR SAILING

I didn't want to say anything, but i figured you would catch on sooner or later that it was your cruise. I actually said a novena for you. 🥰 I'm glad you didn't frequent that particular restroom. What a friggin sicko.

On 5/14/2023 at 10:21 AM, asquared17 said:

also, apparently i cannot tell time or dates apart because the man that the FBI apprehended for videoing people in the bathroom off the pool deck WAS ON OUR SAILING.

I too thought it was your sailing.  But I figured I was wrong because you would have said something. 

3 hours ago, FireFishII said:

I too thought it was your sailing.  But I figured I was wrong because you would have said something. 

i could have sworn i read something that said he was taken off on april 26th in PR on one of the original articles, which is why i was so firmly convinced it wasn’t our sailing. 

i remember the PR day, too because we didn’t get off the ship and it was the day after The Fall. so we spent the morning cooking in our spot on the pool deck. it was exceptionally hot. 

good grief. remind me to never use the public bathrooms again i guess 🙃🙃🙃

Hi, I’ve been trying to put some distance between me & the cruise before I posted to give myself some perspective but I don’t think you all want to wait that long 😊

I won’t rehash the travel woes Tom & Greg encountered.  Suffice it to say we all enjoyed drinks & appetizers around the pool by 6pm Friday night.  Get everyone up and in the lobby for our 9:30 SAS Transportation pick up and we wait….

and wait…..

and wait.  
Now I will own my part in this snafu as I mistakenly booked for May 5 instead of 6 BUT!!  I had sent at least 6 follow up emails, including one just to confirm everything earlier in the week.  No response to any of them.  I left 3 increasingly frantic voice mails that morning again with no response.  Their drivers call when they’re on their way & I got no call on May 5th.  And HEY you are running a shuttle service to POM, you’re trying to tell me you don’t know what day Harmony sails on????  Sent an email to which he replied “your fault”.  Not using SAS Transportation ever again. At 10:30, Joe & his transport van shows up & asks if we need a ride.  Dropped us off across from the terminal and was waiting for us when we got off.  My new shuttle guy, Joe!

Ok now we are at the terminal with a 10:30 check in and some 12 year old port worker points to the end of a mile long line.  THATS the 10:30 line??!  Yup.  So we walk all the way to the end, hang out for about 10 minutes to be told, oh no, you can go right in. 😡😡. So by now my street cred with Tom is totally shot and I am this close to a full blown breakdown.

You all know the definition of insanity right?  Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.  Why do I keep expecting family vacations to be a Disney commercial???

More later, thank you for letting me vent and sorry this isn’t a happier report ☹️

Once on board, the rest of the day went pretty smoothly.  I treated brother nephew & son to Izumi sushi & they loved it.  Hubby ate his weight in crab cakes in the MDR.  We found all the food in the MDR delicious.  We had no problem mixing & matching items on the menu although hubby tried to get soup from an earlier night & failed.  I told him they couldn’t do it but hey, why listen to me!

I was very happy that the Aqua show was scheduled this time as it was cancelled all week last year.  Great show although spinning guy got a little weird after the first 4/5 minutes.  I mean it was amazing but after a while🤷‍♀️.  Then an already drunk woman poured her drink down my back.  Really?  We’ve been on the ship for less than 12 hours for goodness sake!

On 5/3/2023 at 9:44 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Awesome! So do you pretty much just wander into any place that carries the big bottles and ask? I am ready to cancel my water package on Wonder thanks to this tip. I think between the suite lounge bar and now this, I might not need the extra bottled water in the room.

I know I'm late on this, but my mom did this at Chops on Wonder with no problem. She stopped by in the evening just for the waters and they processed it on her vouchers.

18 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I know I'm late on this, but my mom did this at Chops on Wonder with no problem. She stopped by in the evening just for the waters and they processed it on her vouchers.

Does this only work a specialty restaurants? I am wondering if I could just do this at the bar in the suite lounge....

55 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Does this only work a specialty restaurants? I am wondering if I could just do this at the bar in the suite lounge....

Not sure. Once my mother got a yes at Chops, she just kept returning there. Wonder didn't have the Acqua Panna, they had some glass bottled spring water brand that I hadn't heard of but it got her approval.  It was the same ones that they leave as the freebie in the suites.