hoping to be reunited on harmony... (4.29.23-5.6.23 ~ harmony of the seas)

asquared17

Omg I am glad you are okay but I feel like we twin too much. I fell at work on Sat last week and it was similar. I never wear heels, but our shared office was cleaned, and they didn't put the nonslip mats down. I was wearing my moccasins and the bottom aren't properly textured. I used my hand to catch a railing because I was going to hit my head and sprained my hand between my thumb and index........this is why I started my new supplement.

Also silver fox was the silver lining in all of this. But yes, falling and your dress or skirt flying up is a major fear.

Happy I Love You GIF by Life of a Potato

I had a busy night at work and missed the drama! Never drink and kitten heel 🤣🤣 

Take care of yourself. I feel like you're pretty intune to what you're body is telling you. But don't soldier on for the sake of vacation! Relax if you need it! And by that, i mean take a night and drink in your room.  😁

I’m so happy you’re ok!  But you need to ask for a copy of that tape!  Couple of cruises ago I hopped out of bed one morning to get the door for room service. On Allure in the Royal Loft suite. I don’t know how many steps there are Coming down to the main floor from the loft. But I do know that I only stepped on two of them before I went ass over tea kettle all the way down!  To this day I wish I had a video of my graceful descent!  Again, I’m glad you’re ok but I loved your description of the whole event!  Brought back memories. Still loving your writing. 

12 hours ago, Neesa said:

So glad you are okay! Silver fox!! I love it.

What a night, seriously love your skirt. Oh boy, they are reviewing the tapes? I would be mortified more by those tapes, lol!

Yay, the skirt stayed in place...thank goodness for small favors. Actually that's a universe did you a solid in that  situation. 

he was VERY handsome. i was totally embarrassed by the whole thing, but he laughed when i told him my pride was wounded and the only thing broken was my dignity. 

the skirt is from target!! it is part of the designer drop they had in april, same pattern as my microfiber towels. maybe $20?? a total deal and felt fitting for tropical/caribbean night. 

STILL not sure how i didn’t lose MORE of my dignity with a wardrobe malfunction, but i’ll take it. 

12 hours ago, Pooch said:

So glad you are ok.  Advice, take an elevator now & then.  I have caught my heels on those stupid carpeted stairs more than once.  I have no doubt you looked much more graceful than I would had I fallen ❤️

we are taking elevators — J says elevators from here on out, but i feel my stubborn italian coming into play on that. 😅 for now, though, we take the elevators. 

not sure it was all that graceful 😂 but at least no broken bones 💚💚

12 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I feel like we twin too much. I fell at work on Sat last week and it was similar. I never wear heels, but our shared office was cleaned, and they didn't put the nonslip mats down. I was wearing my moccasins and the bottom aren't properly textured. I used my hand to catch a railing because I was going to hit my head and sprained my hand between my thumb and index........this is why I started my new supplement.

WHY DO WE DO THIS. rip us.  🙃🙃🙃

i’m glad you are okay too. thankfully i had arnica in my travel pharmacy - I REALLY DO NEED ALL THAT STUFF, GUYS!!! - so i’ve been taking that too which i hope is helping. had i known this was going to happen, i wold have gotten arnica gel at the pharmacy in st. maarten. alas. 

12 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

silver fox was the silver lining in all of this. But yes, falling and your dress or skirt flying up is a major fear.

as my twin, you know these feels on these matters all too well 💚

11 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Ugh.  So sorry that you fell.  I’m glad to hear that you ok….but remember that sometimes the true injuries don’t manifest right away.  Never mind.  Ignore me.  I’m sure you’re fine.  🧐

raye, i’m dying laughing; i read your comments to J aloud before we drifted off last night and she went, “yeah!! tell raye i said the exact same thing!!” i think she was secretly vindicated by your corroboration. 

9 hours ago, SweetPea said:

Never drink and kitten heel 🤣🤣 

for the love of god. 😅

9 hours ago, Rags1 said:

I’m so happy you’re ok!  But you need to ask for a copy of that tape!  Couple of cruises ago I hopped out of bed one morning to get the door for room service. On Allure in the Royal Loft suite. I don’t know how many steps there are Coming down to the main floor from the loft. But I do know that I only stepped on two of them before I went ass over tea kettle all the way down!  To this day I wish I had a video of my graceful descent!  Again, I’m glad you’re ok but I loved your description of the whole event!  Brought back memories. Still loving your writing. 

thank you!! 💚 i equal parts WANT to see and don’t want to see the fall. it feels like a train wreck; you can’t look but you can’t look away either. i’m afraid seeing it in real time will just make it worse. 

i will say, i thankfully was remarkably composed the whole time. no tears, no yelling or screaming. thankfully no blood — i can handle other people’s blood, no problem, but my own is a deal breaker. even having to explain it ad nauseam to various crew didn’t rattle me. and you know how frustrating it is when you have an issue and have to call customer service and constantly reexplain the situation. honestly the most insulting part (outside of the fall itself) was the spilled champagne. TWO SIPS. what a waste. thank god it was only chandon and not veuve… @SweetPea will appreciate this 😅😂

thank you all for the concern and love and well wishes. 💚💚 today we are in puerto rico, but we are staying aboard. despite a verrrrry slow start, we have made it to the pool deck. it is supposed to get up to 90 today so i will be back to recap the good parts of st maarten probably around the hottest part of the day since i am not equipped for that nonsense 😂

ps: i put sunscreen on my leg and the way it BURNED from the raw skin from the fall… alexa play “out of the woods” by taylor swift… 

cue me, belting out “are we out of the WOOOOOOOOOODS???????”

On 5/1/2023 at 8:17 PM, asquared17 said:

ovetocruise2002 you will be happy to know this is the third night running that i’ve used diamond vouchers for the large aqua panna bottles and no one batted an eye. it probably helps that we were very chatty with all the staff there last night and will be back on friday, but even so!!

Awesome! So do you pretty much just wander into any place that carries the big bottles and ask? I am ready to cancel my water package on Wonder thanks to this tip. I think between the suite lounge bar and now this, I might not need the extra bottled water in the room.

And OMG, I am so sorry to hear about the kitten heel mishap. I will say though, I am most impressed that outfit stayed intact. Glad to hear that you are ok. I agree with @SweetPea, no harm in taking a rest. Sometimes it takes a day or two before you really start to feel it. Listen to your body.

51 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

So do you pretty much just wander into any place that carries the big bottles and ask? I am ready to cancel my water package on Wonder thanks to this tip. I think between the suite lounge bar and now this, I might not need the extra bottled water in the room.

we picked jamie’s bc it didn’t feel like we would be on top of the folks dining/enjoying their meal — but i think any specialty restaurant should be able to accommodate. 

i also wanted to try it in the MDR but last night wanted to get out ASAP, as the dancing was about to kick off and i was already so overstimulated at the point from the fall 😅

pretty sure they have them in CK though… i wonder if you could just ask them for a few/cash in your vouchers that way??

when we got to the room, there were like 9 bottles of smaller evian (i think my diamond welcome amenity) — so i basically have been drinking those and the liters of aqua panna. 

going to go cancel my oasis water package for december now, that you reminded me of it. 

they also came to collect my case two nights ago but forgot to post the refund, so i’ll have to go back and follow up on that. otherwise i think they’re getting the better part of a deal if we get water and not liquor? eh 😂 either way, this is definitely my choice for half of my vouchers. 💚💚

also!! be advised the aqua panna has a beer bottle top, so you’ll need to bring a bottle opener to get into them 😊 we don’t have them uncap at the restaurants as we put into the fridge or store on the cabinet before we are ready to chill and drink. 

37 minutes ago, VACruiser said:

@asquared17As a man reading this blog, I have quizzical look on my face - what the heck is "kitten heel?"

By the way, I enjoy your writing style and have enjoyed your methods for telling the story. 

As a woman but who doesn't know/care too much about fashion I assumed since kittens are cute and small, that's what it means...... I am sure @asquared17 will tell you. 

Thanks so much for letting me know about the band, if it's DSB band you must go see them (well if you like Journey that is) Seriously, I would book a sailing if I knew ahead of time they were performing. I'm sure there are many moving parts but I wish there was a way the tribute bands schedules were posted and available to us, I would find a way to sail with my favorites. 

@VACruiser I'm a woman of 50 ++ years and I have no idea what kitten heels are, go figure! lol!!

GIF by The .GIFYS

1 hour ago, SweetPea said:

You're a cheap date! As a stockholder, thank you! 🤣🤣🩷

idk we have been going through a lot of these bottles 😂

1 hour ago, She Sails Away said:

So glad you're okay! 

me too 💚💚 sore today but i’m moving through it. even took the stairs — CAREFULLY — from deck 15 to 8 to get breakfast this morning. best believe i took the elevator back up. i wanted to make sure i had no lingering PTSD with stairs 😅🙃

1 hour ago, VACruiser said:

@asquared17As a man reading this blog, I have quizzical look on my face - what the heck is "kitten heel?"

By the way, I enjoy your writing style and have enjoyed your methods for telling the story. 

thank you💚💚💚 i know there was a lot of female focused content earlier back, so i appreciate you sticking it out with us!!! 

52 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

As a woman but who doesn't know/care too much about fashion I assumed since kittens are cute and small, that's what it means...... I am sure @asquared17 will tell you. 

i’m cackling 😆😆😆

22 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@VACruiser I'm a woman of 50 ++ years and I have no idea what kitten heels are, go figure! lol!!

you guys crack me up!! laughter is healing, so thank you so very much for this. 💚💚

a kitten heel is small (@Ampurp85 is right on the money) and almost slightly curved in a bit on the heel part. i will take a pic of my terrible shoes when we get back to the cabin for evidence. 

also the heel itself doesn’t always  kick out from the far back of the shoe, but sometimes angles in under the foot a little more, like on my pair. to me, this led to some instability. 

give me a 5-6 inch with a platform and i’m ready to go. this wobbly kitten heel business is NOT it for me. 

that said, there are some who really like a kitten heel and probably have no such issues. 😂

i came back to the cabin to cool off and ice my finger since it was throbbing. 

also to be fair, my heels might not be a TRUE kitten heel but they are def unstable. 

also after getting photographed by the safety team last night and me taking a pic now, they’ve probably never had so much action before. 😂

mine are the gold ones and then included a more traditional kitten heel in the second pic. 

when you are used to wearing such high heels, the (relatively) lower height on the gold ones SEEM like a kitten heel.

IMG_3237.jpeg

IMG_3238.jpeg

Oh hell no! They hurt me just looking at them....both pairs! I'm always crazy impressed by women who can pull these off. Thanks for sharing, yikes. 

Don't come for me I always had to wear boots at work, here is my footwear when cruising, sneakers as well! 

20230503_132748.jpg

Edited by Neesa
Added pic

3 hours ago, asquared17 said:

also!! be advised the aqua panna has a beer bottle top, so you’ll need to bring a bottle opener to get into them 😊

Yes, that we know all too well. Last summer on Freedom we had arranged with the concierge to have several bottles on Evian (the glass bottles) ordered. Well, they did not have Evian in stock but gave us Aqua Panna instead and we had to ask our room attendant to hunt down a bottle opener for us.

16 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes, that we know all too well. Last summer on Freedom we had arranged with the concierge to have several bottles on Evian (the glass bottles) ordered. Well, they did not have Evian in stock but gave us Aqua Panna instead and we had to ask our room attendant to hunt down a bottle opener for us.

This happened to us on the Harmony years ago. We purchased a bottle opener in the shop down a few decks and now it comes on all our trips in our emergency kit. Comes in super handy while travelling 

15 minutes ago, Neesa said:

This happened to us on the Harmony years ago. We purchased a bottle opener in the shop down a few decks and now it comes on all our trips in our emergency kit. Comes in super handy while travelling 

Hubby recently received a gift that we are now going to take on all our cruises. It was a bottle of wine but it was in a sturdy protective box along with a bottle opener, corkscrew, etc. We have always been torn at the end of sailing if we had wine leftover, or Moet, and we would have to give it away because we did not feel safe putting it into our checked luggage. But now, with this gift he got, we can bring our leftover wine/Moet home and also have tools necessary to open wine/champange onboard without bothering anyone.

15 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

and of course, the rest of my FLAT shoes 😂

I just bought a gorgeous pair of Stuart Weitzman espadrilles, and two other wedge espadrilles for our summer cruise on Wonder. Now I am afraid to wear them after all this talk of drinking and falling. 🤣

20 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

all this talk of drinking and falling

I ONLY HAD TWO SIPS 

oh the humanity 😅😆 ( as my father says)

and now i sit here back at the pool deck, icing my finger. rip. 

let it be a lesson to us all. NO RUSHING. (and no heels or shoes with slippery soles/no traction) 

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

Oh hell no! They hurt me just looking at them....both pairs! I'm always crazy impressed by women who can pull these off. Thanks for sharing, yikes. 

Don't come for me I always had to wear boots at work, here is my footwear when cruising, sneakers as well! 

20230503_132748.jpg

Hello kindred spirit ✨️ 

I wore flip flops to my wedding, the actual ceremony (i didn't change for the reception. I wore them the whole time). They were white with Swarovski crystals, but most definitely still flip flops!

31 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

I ONLY HAD TWO SIPS 

oh the humanity 😅😆 ( as my father says)

and now i sit here back at the pool deck, icing my finger. rip. 

let it be a lesson to us all. NO RUSHING. (and no heels or shoes with slippery soles/no traction) 

I relate! Seriously. 

One time we were at happy hour in City Walk at Universal Orlando.  I hadn't been feeling well, but had a sip of happy hour-priced beer to soldier on with Batman.  That sip didn't go down well, and i stepped outside to get some fresh air while Batman settled the bill so we could leave. Unfortunately, it was Africa Hot and that heat smacked me in the face, and i literally fainted face first ... on concrete ... the second i got outside.  I had to keep explaining to Security that i fainted. I didn't pass out during Happy hour! 😆

@SweetPea I'm a flip flop/sandal girl. Even when I visit up North my piggies are pedicured and on display for the world. I'm a firm believer when my feet are comfortable I feel all the better. Simply put at my age I dress for comfort, respectful but not for anyone else but me! 

I love that you wore them on your wedding, you go girl!!

Edited by Neesa

These are the tallest I would go and they aren't heels. Steve Madden from Nordstrom Rack. I got two pairs in the same color and they have been on every cruise for an formal/dress up night. I don't care what color my dress is, I wear them.🤣😆😂😜

I also only have crocs, NB/Adidas sneakers and birks/off brand birks. Gotta keep my toes and feet in the best condition as they carry me everywhere.

20230503_132447.jpg

28 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I got two pairs in the same color

i’m dying laughing because this is from my sweet twin friend who said that she didn’t understand people getting multiples of things in different colors. 

see!! your fashion sense is in there!!! alive and kicking!!!! 🥰💚💚

eta: it’s true you were talking about bags in multiple colors but i think you’re more fashionable than you realize 😉😘

17 minutes ago, Robert M said:

I've gained more knowledge about shoes from this forum thread than being on this planet for 53 years lol, totally enjoying this blog.

i’m crying 

this is the best thing ever!!!

as much as it pains me to admit (no pun intended) that @WAAAYTOOO and J were right — i am getting sorer as the day goes on — the interaction in this live blog is making it better. 💚💚

you guys are all the absolute best!!!