Time to stop Unlimted Drink Plan?

Censored

2 hours ago, mpoole3 said:

I've only been cut off by the DX onboard 3-4 times, usually if I hit 20+ drinks I start singing Rocky Top and that's it, bar staff cuts me off!

The biggest disappointment when twitter took down periscope was the lack of @mpoole3 drunk scopes at 1am.   Those would never have occurred without unlimited DX.

On 10/25/2022 at 3:20 AM, ScottD said:

I'm so glad to hear from someone in the same boat as me (pun intended). I am 11 months sober, will be just over a year when we cruise. My wife still drinks, I have the refreshment package. She can enjoy her few glasses of wine a day while I enjoy my sodas, energy drinks and maybe I'll try a mocktail or two! The first thing I'll be doing is looking when and where the friends of Bill meetings are, which is funny because last time I cruised was almost 15 years ago and I remember seeing that on the cruise compass and thinking "who the hell goes on a cruise to attend AA meetings" And welp, here I am! But I can tell you when I did go one that last cruise, we did not get a drink package and when we got that bill at the end of the  trip...well, we could have booked two more trips! 

Just now read this thread...and your post...hopefully you have, or are about to have, your one year chip.

On 10/24/2022 at 2:28 PM, Censored said:

Seems its a common occurrence to experience intoxicated cruisers aboard .   They can become loud, obnoxious, annoying, angry, and get involved in fights.  Personally I think this is due to the offering of the Unlimited Drink Plan.  People simply want to take liberties and drink as much as they possibly can. Then come the consequences .   Time to stop this plan or change it?  

I have never encountered that.  

I actually wish I did, I'd drink with them.