We were on a 7 day western Caribbean cruise on symphony of the seas last week. On day two my wife got diagnosed with Covid.  We are in a one bedroom suite and spent almost 10000 on this cruise.  They said we had to move out of our one bedroom suite deck 11 down to an interior cabin on deck three for quarantine.  I refused their generous offer and told them I would not move. They bring us food in cardboard boxes and it’s always cold when it gets here.  We have plastic cheap cutlery that won’t even cut through a chicken tender   We don’t have access to the unlimited dining or deluxe beverage package.  Their website says that with the Covid symptoms you should stay in your room and the medical team will come to you.  Instead they insisted I load her up in a wheelchair and travel nine decks spreading Covid so they didn’t have to make the trip. I refused their offer and they finally showed up.  They tried to give us DayQuil and NyQuil even though there are contraindications for both medications with my wife underlying illness.  I told them there were contraindications and they said no it’s ok she can take it. We didn’t.   Then they changed their mind and sent up Robitussin and Tylenol but only a two day supply when we have 5 days left on the cruise.  Of course we ran out I asked them to send up some more they said they were too busy and to try again tomorrow.  I had to tell them that I was going to the ships store to buy medicine and break my quarantine because they wouldnt send us medicine. They chose to send us Medicine. I can’t imagine getting treated more badly that they treated  us.  No sign of any refund no promise of any refunds.  They just kept adding adding adding to our ship account.  Royal Caribbean needs to reevaluate how they treat their guests.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2022 at 5:27 AM, Scott of the Seas said:

We were on a 7 day western Caribbean cruise on symphony of the seas last week. On day two my wife got diagnosed with Covid.  We are in a one bedroom suite and spent almost 10000 on this cruise.  They said we had to move out of our one bedroom suite deck 11 down to an interior cabin on deck three for quarantine.  I refused their generous offer and told them I would not move. They bring us food in cardboard boxes and it’s always cold when it gets here.  We have plastic cheap cutlery that won’t even cut through a chicken tender   We don’t have access to the unlimited dining or deluxe beverage package.  Their website says that with the Covid symptoms you should stay in your room and the medical team will come to you.  Instead they insisted I load her up in a wheelchair and travel nine decks spreading Covid so they didn’t have to make the trip. I refused their offer and they finally showed up.  They tried to give us DayQuil and NyQuil even though there are contraindications for both medications with my wife underlying illness.  I told them there were contraindications and they said no it’s ok she can take it. We didn’t.   Then they changed their mind and sent up Robitussin and Tylenol but only a two day supply when we have 5 days left on the cruise.  Of course we ran out I asked them to send up some more they said they were too busy and to try again tomorrow.  I had to tell them that I was going to the ships store to buy medicine and break my quarantine because they wouldnt send us medicine. They chose to send us Medicine. I can’t imagine getting treated more badly that they treated  us.  No sign of any refund no promise of any refunds.  They just kept adding adding adding to our ship account.  Royal Caribbean needs to reevaluate how they treat their guests.

I wish I had refused.  I contracted Covid on day 6.  Tested on day 7 and was sent to the dungeon because I was positive.  Worst experience ever 

On 5/3/2022 at 10:27 AM, Scott of the Seas said:

No sign of any refund no promise of any refunds.  They just kept adding adding adding to our ship account.  Royal Caribbean needs to reevaluate how they treat their guests.

Guests will have the following COVID-19 Assistance at no extra charge. 

• If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, Royal Caribbean will cover the costs of COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard, and provide assistance with any required land-based quarantine, or travel home for you and your Traveling Party, for cruises departing on or before September 30, 2022.

Above is from RC covid protocals way i read it no refund is due 

1 hour ago, Ray said:

Guests will have the following COVID-19 Assistance at no extra charge. 

• If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, Royal Caribbean will cover the costs of COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard, and provide assistance with any required land-based quarantine, or travel home for you and your Traveling Party, for cruises departing on or before September 30, 2022.

Above is from RC covid protocals way i read it no refund is due 

You missed a bullet point. The OP should receive a pro rated cruise fare refund for days in quarantine. 

• Pro-rated cruise fare refund if your cruise is cut short for reasons related to COVID-19, for cruises departing on or before September 30, 2022.

1 hour ago, AspiringCruisePlanner said:

You missed a bullet point. The OP should receive a pro rated cruise fare refund for days in quarantine. 

• Pro-rated cruise fare refund if your cruise is cut short for reasons related to COVID-19, for cruises departing on or before September 30, 2022.

But does "cut short" mean being put in quarantine? You're still, technically, on your cruise.  Cut short could mean physically having to leave the ship.

This scenario seems to encourage people to not admit to a positive COVID event - especially since the majority of COVID cases are asymptomatic or just an annoyance. Just as I couldn't imagine someone sharing the fact they have a cold or flu. Seems more prudent to wear a mask, stay 6 feet away from people when possible and enjoy the cruise. Of course I would report the positive COVID result immediately and quarantine. Sure I would...

39 minutes ago, Swar said:

This scenario seems to encourage people to not admit to a positive COVID event - especially since the majority of COVID cases are asymptomatic or just an annoyance. Just as I couldn't imagine someone sharing the fact they have a cold or flu. Seems more prudent to wear a mask, stay 6 feet away from people when possible and enjoy the cruise. Of course I would report the positive COVID result immediately and quarantine. Sure I would...

This has always been the elephant in the room. Unless you are very sick And need medical assistance, Why would you voluntarily go to the infirmary and ask for a test or even mention your symptoms which invariably would lead to a test? 

9 hours ago, AspiringCruisePlanner said:

I took cut short to mean taken off ship or ship having to end cruise early not being stuck in quarantine as quarantine is mentioned separately