Jump to content

Itinerary Changes


Recommended Posts

I recently received this email from RCL. About my cruise in november.  

image.png.acd19a41ba5a7118d331e8fc523c6b27.png

The changes do not bother me. I am wondering if they are leaving later because they are expecting more passengers to board for this cruise and want to have a larger embakation window to spread passengers out further. Just wondering what others think. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is common at the moment. We have had two itinerary changes on three of our cruises so far. Did not make for a bad experience as we also swapped some of the order of visits. One had true port changes and we had to book new tours. No problem but we generally go with the flow as we are still on vacation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just wish I'd get an email like that. 🤦‍♂️  I've had two cruises (Dec. 2021 and March 2022) have itineraries change, and yet neither my travel agent nor I have ever received any notification of this. Has anyone else had this problem? I've gotten confirmations and other such communications about these cruises, so I know they have the correct email. 

I didn't have strong feelings about these particular itineraries, so it's not a huge deal. It's just weird and a little concerning that we haven't been notified. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We're on Anthem in the beginning of December (right after you) and I noticed the same flip on Nassau/CocoCay. I jumped into the website to see if Port Canaveral had been pushed back from 12pm to 2pm, and sure enough, it had. 

I don't mind the Nassau/CocoCay flip, but I do mind the Port Canaveral change. I'm a huge space nerd and haven't been to KSC in 20 years. I knew five hours was going to be quick, but I was going to cram as much in as possible, but now less than 3 hours (2pm-5pm) at KSC seems like a no-go. Bummed!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, WesKinetic said:

I just wish I'd get an email like that. 🤦‍♂️  I've had two cruises (Dec. 2021 and March 2022) have itineraries change, and yet neither my travel agent nor I have ever received any notification of this. Has anyone else had this problem? I've gotten confirmations and other such communications about these cruises, so I know they have the correct email. 

I didn't have strong feelings about these particular itineraries, so it's not a huge deal. It's just weird and a little concerning that we haven't been notified. 

don't worry, you will get the email. it seems that it doesn't go out until approximately 30 days before sailing even though RC knows it is changing. we received our email about 2 weeks ago for a Nov 14 departure when they have known we were not going to Grand Cayman.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Jennifer Burke said:

Has anyone heard of a Western Caribbean itinerary changing on any of the cruises these last few months? I am on Dec 5th Allure and wondering if I may get a change. 

Your ports of call on the Dec 5th Allure are all active and running. Since you have a sea day prior to getting to your first port, leaving a couple of hours late should not matter to your arrival. Even so, you arrive at 7:00am in Cozumel and nothing really starts on the excursions or shops until 9.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, CrznTxn said:

Your ports of call on the Dec 5th Allure are all active and running. Since you have a sea day prior to getting to your first port, leaving a couple of hours late should not matter to your arrival. Even so, you arrive at 7:00am in Cozumel and nothing really starts on the excursions or shops until 9.

Wow, thanks for info! Now I have to find excursions !

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, AHollyS said:

I too have the Labadee for Nassau swap. I didn't get the mentioned e-mail (I just looked).

What is annoying about this? In the cruise planner I'm still being offered Labadee excursions and none for Nassau.

 

Did you actually go into the Cruise Planner to see the offers?  I'm seeing Labadee on the main page of the Cruise Planner, but when I go into the subpages, I see Nassau

EDIT:  Ooops... they updated the pages already.  Labadee is totally gone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

Did you actually go into the Cruise Planner to see the offers?  I'm seeing Labadee on the main page of the Cruise Planner, but when I go into the subpages, I see Nassau

EDIT:  Ooops... they updated the pages already.  Labadee is totally gone

Labadee is on my landing screen, and has been for a few days. I can still add to my cart and purchase them even.  I don't even have Nassau in the excursions by port list. It is not listed on the Shore Excursion side bar check box list either. I wonder if it is because I have kids 6 & 8. I'm hoping to have everyone vaxed by Christmas for this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We just got off SOS on Saturday and our departure time got pushed back to 7pm and although they didn't change the order if where we went they did shorten times at 2 of them which I thought was extremely selfish considering the money people spend on excursions.

Hubby and I actually were speaking with some of the staff and there were just under 2500 passengers on board on a ship that holds over 6 thousand. We heard from several that Royal is not planning on getting close to capacity for a few months yet. They are still trying to make sure their safeguards are in place before that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, AHollyS said:

Labadee is on my landing screen, and has been for a few days. I can still add to my cart and purchase them even.  I don't even have Nassau in the excursions by port list. It is not listed on the Shore Excursion side bar check box list either. I wonder if it is because I have kids 6 & 8. I'm hoping to have everyone vaxed by Christmas for this.

This happened on our upcoming Western Caribbean cruise where we cannot port in Grand Cayman and it was switched to Costa Maya and Roatan. Grand Cayman and Jamaica showed up for a couple of weeks on the excursions even though we were not going there and when it did switch to allow reservations in the new ports it still showed the previous ports in the opening screen. It speaks of an older website construction where it is not easy to change the pages.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, CrznTxn said:

This happened on our upcoming Western Caribbean cruise where we cannot port in Grand Cayman and it was switched to Costa Maya and Roatan. Grand Cayman and Jamaica showed up for a couple of weeks on the excursions even though we were not going there and when it did switch to allow reservations in the new ports it still showed the previous ports in the opening screen. It speaks of an older website construction where it is not easy to change the pages.

I'm glad to hear it is not just me. When I go to the excursions in the cruise planner, the check box list on the left side bar is totally missing Day 1 and Day 2, it only has Day 3 forward. Website voodoo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2021 at 3:41 PM, Jennifer Burke said:

Has anyone heard of a Western Caribbean itinerary changing on any of the cruises these last few months? I am on Dec 5th Allure and wondering if I may get a change. 

I am booked on Harmony for December 12 for Western Caribbean. My ports were going to be Nassau, Hati, and Jamaica. But now we are doing Nassau, Costa Maya, Cozumel. I'm super excited.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2021 at 5:55 PM, PG Cruiser said:

Did you actually go into the Cruise Planner to see the offers?  I'm seeing Labadee on the main page of the Cruise Planner, but when I go into the subpages, I see Nassau

EDIT:  Ooops... they updated the pages already.  Labadee is totally gone

This is from this morning (10/28)

Missing 2- shows my updated itinerary - With Nassau

Missing - Shows the Shore Excursion drop down, no Labadee, but no Nassau either.

Missing 3- Shows the Shore Excursion web page side bar with Day 1, and Day 2 Missing no listing of Nassau.

Missing 4- Shows my Day 3 excursion offering - Labadee (still) on the now Sea Day (Ref Missing 3 list)

Royal Caribbean IT voodoo.

 

Missing.jpg

Missing2.jpg

Missing3.jpg

Missing4.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well great, I'd totally forgotten about the changes to my Dec 5th Anthem cruise. I just booked today a Nassau excursion. It correctly selected Day 4 which is when we are there, but it's for 10am and we don't get there until 12:30pm.

Cruise planner even knows I won't be there

image.thumb.png.fc15f82f5d2b019785f477090ec74ef4.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just learned we have changes to our itinerary on Allure on Feb 5th.  I called RC as I had suspicion about the DR, they told me it just changed today and they have not updated the website or notified travel agents or passengers yet and changing to Nassau.  Very upsetting as this was the reason we chose this itinerary to go to the DR.  We have a group of 38.  We are not happy at all.  Not sure why we cannot dock at Amber Cove.. but I don't know all the behind the scenes stuff.  Very upsetting to my group as we were meeting Missionaries there.  We have been to Nassau numerous times....Ugh!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unless it's a glitch (surprise, surprise), it looks like they are in the process of swapping out Grand Cayman for our 2/12/22 Odyssey cruise. We were supposed to be there on Valentine's Day next FEB. We are assuming the port will be switched since the ban runs into late JAN.

image.thumb.png.30f82311704dcce21e51eacd8e01a242.png

 

I hope it's not Jamaica as the cruise planner is "hinting" at, LOL! ... We were all hoping for CocoCay as it appears there are apparently no ships scheduled to be at CocoCay on MON, 2/14/22, or TUE, 2/15/22 (unless they just haven't updated the port schedule).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...