CruiseLifeRick

Current Cruise Director & Activities Manager List

When Cuddy was AM om Navigator back in '09, he was fantastic ......  Casey Pelter as CD is also really good ....

More recently, Andre Miller as AM on Grandeur was absolutely hysterical, hopefully he'll be back on when we board in September..... as for Paul Rutter, nice guy and all, but I wasn't overly impressed.

3 hours ago, firegal2539 said:

Just got off of the Indy and Rob McNally was the CD but I only saw him at the Not So Newly Wed Game and the parade in the Promenade. Wasn't too impressed with him.

Candie

I've never been that impressed with Rob - he's been CD twice when I've sailed

Quite like Joff Eaton - it's him when I sail on Indy in June - like the shoe laces!!

On 28 April 2017 at 11:20 AM, firegal2539 said:

Just got off of the Indy and Rob McNally was the CD but I only saw him at the Not So Newly Wed Game and the parade in the Promenade. Wasn't too impressed with him.

Candie

That was Rob's last Royal Caribbean cruise for the foreseeable future, per Marc's FB.

Doing Harmony B2B in first 2 weeks of July with Abe first week and Bobby Brown second. Looking forward to having Abe, have had Bobby before and wasn't too impressed, nice guy, but not a great CD for Harmony, better suited for smaller ships with an older clientele.

4 hours ago, Joe01 said:

That was Rob's last Royal Caribbean cruise for the foreseeable future, per Marc's FB.

Doing Harmony B2B in first 2 weeks of July with Abe first week and Bobby Brown second. Looking forward to having Abe, have had Bobby before and wasn't too impressed, nice guy, but not a great CD for Harmony, better suited for smaller ships with an older clientele.

Had Abe when he was on Anthem. He is fabulous. Personable, accessible and funny. We truly don't know when he sleeps-he's always around. Sailing on Adventure in 3 weeks. Does anyone know who the CD is and have any opinion?

3 hours ago, Skid said:

Had Abe when he was on Anthem. He is fabulous. Personable, accessible and funny. We truly don't know when he sleeps-he's always around. Sailing on Adventure in 3 weeks. Does anyone know who the CD is and have any opinion?

Adventure's CD is Casey Pelter. He is an OK CD, a bit of a dry sense of humour (which I liked), didn't enjoy his morning show, but did a reasonable job MC'ing the shows, seemed friendly enough. Had him on Serenade 4 years ago, and feel he would be a better fit for a bigger ship. A criticism was though that this was a summer holiday cruise and for about 4 of our 12 nights, the only show was at 10.30pm, which I feel was below par, maybe he scheduled more entertainment on a bigger ship.

I know that he gathered a lot of fans from his time on Freedom!

Thanks for the info on Abe, I know that he will be excellent. So far my favourite CD is Joff Eaton and least favourite is John Blair.

Guest toodle68

Is the list in the OP up to date?  What happened to Doug Blair?  Him and his wife were leaving Liberty at the beginning of Jan and moving to another ship. He was a great MC..

2 hours ago, toodle68 said:

Is the list in the OP up to date?  What happened to Doug Blair?  Him and his wife were leaving Liberty at the beginning of Jan and moving to another ship. He was a great MC..

That's John Blair. Was on Independence until March 25, and is due back on Liberty late May for 2 months, then Radiance at the end of July.

He was my least favourite CD, but each to their own.

I have an updated list, which I can post here if wanted.

3 hours ago, MegNason said:

Any ideas on CD for Grandeur currently?

I believe, the CD is Paul Rutter --- To my knowledge, Tonya Yates is the AM up till July --- After that, we're hoping Andre Miller will be back, HE'S AWESOME!!!!  He and the Mrs. just became proud parents so that's where their priority lies these days (And it should be)

16 hours ago, fmanke said:

Has anybody ever had Carly Boileau? She's listed as CD on our Oct cruise on Serenade.

Carly B was CD on Serenade last Oct, she was good.  Definitely more mellow with the quest game vs the male CD on Freedom last April.