CruiseLifeRick

Current Cruise Director & Activities Manager List

5 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Heading to Anthem to be the AM or CD?  Trying to figure out who we'll end up with in March now that it's not Clo.

As AM starting in mid-April. I can't imagine them promoting an AM on a Vision Class ship to CD on a Quantum Class ship.

14 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

I didn't think so either.  Just thought I would ask...so Joe, no word yet on who might be CD on Anthem mid-March?

Afraid not yet. I'll likely get the info on CC, so make sure to watch my thread there. I'm just periodically updating this list for the people on here.

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

I prefer Abe, but I do admit they are both very good. 

Abe's the best CD I have had. Bobby was funny on occasion, but was not impressed overall. He would be fantastic on the Empress or an Azamara ship.

I can name 3 occasions where I got frustrated with how Bobby ran the program, and he was fairly dull. I can see why a 60+ crowd would like him, but not me.

Abe really made an impact on the July 1st sailing. The following week, I bet that very little of the cruisers would even know who Bobby was.

4 hours ago, twangster said:

Enzo, the current activities director on Anthem has one cruise left before his break.  He is moving to Brilliance when he returns for its European sailings.  

Do you know who will be replacing him? Tanya is due to take over in April.

On January 11, 2018 at 7:59 PM, Joe01 said:

Happy New Year to the RCL Blog! UPDATE as of February 3rd 2017:

Ship

Cruise Director

Activities Manager

Adventure

Unknown

Daniel Dornas

Allure

Mitch Merucci 

Grant Martin

Anthem

Dennis Charles

Enzo Matijaca (to be replaced by Caroline Peters 2/9)

Brilliance

Unknown

Cecy del Razo

Empress

Hugo Arenas

Mauricio Diaz

Enchantment

Michelle Pimentinha Oliveira

TT Algan

Explorer

Topi Ylönen

Aysy Sadrislamova

Freedom

Abe Hughes

Alexander Schmidt

Grandeur 

Bob Leininger

Tanya Yates Tongue

Harmony

Marc Walker

Jerry Kubli

Independence

Simona Ferraiuolo

Elizabeth Hackett

Jewel

Jerome Sueur

Daniel Klophaus

Liberty

John Blair

Katrina Blair

Mariner

Fang Lixin

Kitty Xu

Majesty

Bobby Broughton

Mosese Vatuloka

Navigator

Cuddy Cudworth

Daniel Edward

Oasis

Dan Whitney

Margot van Erck

Ovation

Joff Eaton

Angelle Rutten van Hemert

Quantum

Chris Brown

Bonnie Bai

Radiance

Rob McNally

Saini Gupta

Rhapsody

Casey Pelter

Eric Lopez

Serenade

Ricky Matthews

Alison Hasler

Vision

Steve Davis

Renato Arana

Voyager

Carlos Torres

Claire Booth

*Symphony takeout Cruise Director will be Bobby Brown and Activities Manager will be Amy Tripp.

Glad to hear that! Have heard very little about Alexander.

I won't deny that it is a shame that Tino and Chris are leaving Royal, as both were popular and long-serving AM's. Chris had already filled in as CD as well.

On YouTube, I watched the application video of one of the Activities Managers in the fleet (won't name them), and from what I watched, it made me think that Royal are seriously lowering their standards for future CD's and AM's. The best have sailed away (e.g. Darryl, Frankie, Chris, Tino to name a few).

Any other good AM's? I have heard about pretty much every CD, but very little about some of the AM's. I have seen 2 AM application videos on YouTube and both of them were terrible, so it makes me worried about the quality of AM's going forward.

1 minute ago, Orange Crush said:

We had Bobby Broughton on the Majesty over Christmas and he was great; not sure if he's sticking around after dry dock or heading to another ship though, although I may be able to find out through the grapevine.

He's off to the Enchantment after his vacation.

Just saw on FB that a gentleman inquired about Adventure’s cruise director via email- and RC let him know that Casey Pelter will be back with Adventure after drydock, coming back from paternity leave, starting Monday the 12th. 

On 1/17/2018 at 2:47 PM, Joe01 said:

Abe's the best CD I have had. 

1 hour ago, HLWIser said:

Just saw on FB that a gentleman inquired about Adventure’s cruise director via email- and RC let him know that Casey Pelter will be back with Adventure after drydock, coming back from paternity leave, starting Monday the 12th. 

I really hope that is not true. Had Casey last year on Adventure and was not a fan at all. Other than some shows, didn't see him even once all week. We are sailing Adventure again in May and was hoping for a different CD. Oh, well. 

Had Abe when he was on Anthem and absolutely loved him. I don't think he ever sleeps. Between his morning show, visibility all day and hosting at night he was amazing!

13 hours ago, Skid said:

I really hope that is not true. Had Casey last year on Adventure and was not a fan at all. Other than some shows, didn't see him even once all week. We are sailing Adventure again in May and was hoping for a different CD. Oh, well. 

Ugh - sorry to hear that. I'll see if I can confirm that on 2/24. 

13 hours ago, Skid said:

Had Abe when he was on Anthem and absolutely loved him. I don't think he ever sleeps. Between his morning show, visibility all day and hosting at night he was amazing!

Very interesting ..... I had Casey many years ago, and he was fantastic ...... makes me wonder if he was just "burned out" --- who knows, expecting a child can stress anyone out.

I had Casey in 2013 on Serenade and wasn't overly impressed with him then either. I would only rank him above John Blair and Bobby Brown. Definitely not as good as Jimmy Rhodes, Jerome Sueur, Joff Eaton, Abe Hughes or Leigh Xuereb (no longer with RCI). Those are all of the CD's I have had.

17 hours ago, Joe01 said:

I had Casey in 2013 on Serenade and wasn't overly impressed with him then either. I would only rank him above John Blair and Bobby Brown. Definitely not as good as Jimmy Rhodes, Jerome Sueur, Joff Eaton, Abe Hughes or Leigh Xuereb (no longer with RCI). Those are all of the CD's I have had.

Jimmy Rhodes and Marc Walker have been my favorites! 

Rate the CD's whom you have had by this criteria:

• Fantastic
  • Good
  • OK
  • Bad

Fantastic - Joff Eaton; Abe Hughes; Leigh Xuereb (no longer with RCI)

Good - Jimmy Rhodes

OK - Jerome Sueur (probably good but didn't get enough of an impression); Casey Pelter

Bad - John Blair; Bobby Brown