Jump to content
CruiseLifeRick

Current Cruise Director & Activities Manager List

Recommended Posts

Here's an updated list for Cruise Directors:

Adventure OTS - Casey Pelter April 8 for 4 months (will likely be on paternity leave early October).

Allure OTS - Mitch Merucci April 23 until September 17, then Dru Pavlov September 17 until November 19, then Mitch returns November 19 for 4 months, followed by Dru for 4 months.

Anthem OTS - Dru Pavlov March 12 through mid-July, then Jimmy Rhodes until November 22, then Bobby Broughton joins Anthem as November 22.

Brilliance OTS - Jerome Sueur returned November 10 until May 25 then Clo O'Connor May 25 for 2 months. 

Empress OTS - Elvis Pinto returns April 24 for 2 months. 


Enchantment OTS - Michelle Pimentinha Oliveira began February 17.

Explorer OTS - Graham Seymour returns March 19 through July 28 (then Graham is retiring).

Freedom OTS - Michele Scarpato February 18 for 2 months thru the TA May 7 then Mercedes LaFuentes. 

Grandeur OTS - Paul Rutter returned February 25 for 4 months.

Harmony OTS - Abe Hughes returns March 11 until July 8, then Bobby Brown July 8 until mid September, then Abe returns mid-September until after the New Year, then Dru Pavlov begins January 2018 for 2 months.

Independence OTS - Marc Walker begins April 28 until May 27, then Joff Eaton returns May 27 until September 30, then Marc returns September 30 until January 30. 

Jewel OTS - Susan Adams began April 23 for 2 months, then Simona Ferraiuolo returns late June for 4 months, then Susan returns late October for 4 months.

Liberty OTS - Jeff Arpin January 8 until late May, then John Blair late May until late July. 

Majesty OTS - Bobby Broughton April 17 for 2 months, followed by Susan Adams

Mariner OTS - Keith Williams mid March until mid May 10. (Replacement unknown.)

Navigator OTS - Drew Devine began March 26. (Unknown for how long) Clo O'Connor begins late September.

Oasis OTS - Jimmy Rhodes began March 12, then Tim Connor begins mid May for 4 months, then Jeff Arpin for 2 months.

Ovation OTS - Mike Hunnerup began March 5.
Joff Eaton expects to return to Ovation for the Australian season (need details).

Quantum OTS - Ricky Matthews end of January until mid-to-late May, then Chris Brown for 4 months, followed by Bill Brunkhorst in September.

Radiance OTS - Steve Davis March 28 until late-July, then John Blair for 2 months, followed by Steve for 4 months.

Rhapsody OTS - Dan Whitney January 21 (leaving ship soon)

Serenade OTS - Carly Boileau March 17 for 2 months, then Topi Ylonen should be returning from May 20 until September 17 for the Baltic season.

Vision OTS - Bill Brunkhorst March 13, then Keith Williams begins May 22

Voyager OTS - Jamie Fentiman began April 6 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

Here's an updated list for Cruise Directors:

Adventure OTS - Casey Pelter April 8 for 4 months (will likely be on paternity leave early October).

Allure OTS - Mitch Merucci April 23 until September 17, then Dru Pavlov September 17 until November 19, then Mitch returns November 19 for 4 months, followed by Dru for 4 months.

Anthem OTS - Dru Pavlov March 12 through mid-July, then Jimmy Rhodes until November 22, then Bobby Broughton joins Anthem as November 22.

Brilliance OTS - Jerome Sueur returned November 10 until May 25 then Clo O'Connor May 25 for 2 months. 

Empress OTS - Elvis Pinto returns April 24 for 2 months. 


Enchantment OTS - Michelle Pimentinha Oliveira began February 17.

Explorer OTS - Graham Seymour returns March 19 through July 28 (then Graham is retiring).

Freedom OTS - Michele Scarpato February 18 for 2 months thru the TA May 7 then Mercedes LaFuentes. 

Grandeur OTS - Paul Rutter returned February 25 for 4 months.

Harmony OTS - Abe Hughes returns March 11 until July 8, then Bobby Brown July 8 until mid September, then Abe returns mid-September until after the New Year, then Dru Pavlov begins January 2018 for 2 months.

Independence OTS - Marc Walker begins April 28 until May 27, then Joff Eaton returns May 27 until September 30, then Marc returns September 30 until January 30. 

Jewel OTS - Susan Adams began April 23 for 2 months, then Simona Ferraiuolo returns late June for 4 months, then Susan returns late October for 4 months.

Liberty OTS - Jeff Arpin January 8 until late May, then John Blair late May until late July. 

Majesty OTS - Bobby Broughton April 17 for 2 months, followed by Susan Adams

Mariner OTS - Keith Williams mid March until mid May 10. (Replacement unknown.)

Navigator OTS - Drew Devine began March 26. (Unknown for how long) Clo O'Connor begins late September.

Oasis OTS - Jimmy Rhodes began March 12, then Tim Connor begins mid May for 4 months, then Jeff Arpin for 2 months.

Ovation OTS - Mike Hunnerup began March 5.
Joff Eaton expects to return to Ovation for the Australian season (need details).

Quantum OTS - Ricky Matthews end of January until mid-to-late May, then Chris Brown for 4 months, followed by Bill Brunkhorst in September.

Radiance OTS - Steve Davis March 28 until late-July, then John Blair for 2 months, followed by Steve for 4 months.

Rhapsody OTS - Dan Whitney January 21 (leaving ship soon)

Serenade OTS - Carly Boileau March 17 for 2 months, then Topi Ylonen should be returning from May 20 until September 17 for the Baltic season.

Vision OTS - Bill Brunkhorst March 13, then Keith Williams begins May 22

Voyager OTS - Jamie Fentiman began April 6 
 

Any word on the CD for Serenade after Sept 17th? We're cruising Oct 1st.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:52 AM, Joe01 said:

For Serenade in October, it might be Carly Boileau, who has rotated with Topi Ylönen for nearly 2 years on SR.

If so, anybody have an opinion on Carly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on the Serenade for 33 days in April and May and Carly B was fantastic.  Her activities manager was Grant Martin who is also outstanding.  Both were going on vacation when we docked in Copenhagen on May 20th.  Not sure if they will be back on the Serenade but they were great.  Serenade had a great Captain and staff.  You will most likely enjoy the experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29 May 2017 at 4:58 PM, castle25 said:

Drew Devine on Navigator - Went on leave on Fri 26 May

Cuddy Cudworth took over until Sept 29th, then Clo O'Connor for the rest of the UK season and TA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 11:20 AM, SouthernYankee said:

We were on the Serenade for 33 days in April and May and Carly B was fantastic.  Her activities manager was Grant Martin who is also outstanding.  Both were going on vacation when we docked in Copenhagen on May 20th.  Not sure if they will be back on the Serenade but they were great.  Serenade had a great Captain and staff.  You will most likely enjoy the experience.

Thanks, looking forward to it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2016 at 0:12 PM, Steve L said:

Pretty cool list you have here.....we had Ricky Mathews on our last cruise. He was great. Looks like I'm going to have Jeff Arpin on my next cruise on Liberty. I'll have to see if he looks familiar as I don't recall him on past cruises.

We loved Jeff on Liberty...he's kind of like that really funny/borderline sarcastic family member. So much fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got off of the Explorer 3 days ago. Graham was wonderful. He took part in every show, event, happening on board. His presence was known for sure.

 

He did announce he was retiring in July but that Royal had asked him if he would be interested in filling in occasionally and he said yes. He is hoping to only fill in once or twice a year for three or four weeks at a time.

To me it means Royal really values him.

Candie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, firegal2539 said:

I just got off of the Explorer 3 days ago. Graham was wonderful. He took part in every show, event, happening on board. His presence was known for sure.

 

He did announce he was retiring in July but that Royal had asked him if he would be interested in filling in occasionally and he said yes. He is hoping to only fill in once or twice a year for three or four weeks at a time.

To me it means Royal really values him.

Candie

Thanks so much, glad he is wonderful! Looking so forward to our trip, we leave on Friday 6/9/2017.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tdiaz,

I hope you have the weather we had. Juneau was 70 degrees, sunny and the locals were just amazed as to how wonderful it was. Skagway was about 65 degrees, sunny and again the locals were amazed. Victoria was about 60 degrees and clear and partly sunny and absolutely beautiful. Captain Gjerstad was all over the ship and was absolutely customer oriented. I really liked him. I loved Graham, his adult only comedy show was hysterical.

The only thing that bother me about the entertainment was all parties, 70s Disco Infusion, British Invasion, Crew Parade, and another one were held in the Royal Promenade, which means you can't walk through the Promenade, you can't go into the stores or cafes and bars because they are completely blocked. It is only about 30 to 1 hours long but still if I wanted coffee I would go to the Cafe Promenade and couldn't when all this was going on. I put a picture of the Promenade just before the show started.5936e11dd1fc0_RoyalPromenade.thumb.JPG.eb12c03dc1638f8bea76c35822a4d888.JPG

If the ballroom dance team of Sebastian and Amanda are still on board you have to see them. They are fantastic. The production shows were great and the ice skating shows were fantastic.

Candie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1 September 2016 at 8:58 PM, CruiseLifeRick said:

Hello All,

 

I wanted to see if we could commence a running Cruise Director and Activities Manager list here on the Royal Caribbean Blog Boards.   As many of you know, the Cruise Director can be very influential in providing a fun and interactive experience while on a cruise and for this reason the question is often asked "who will be the cruise director on my sailing?" However, as with any position of importance, the Cruise Director also enlists the assistance of his or her Activities Manager to host a number of events throughout a sailing (e.g. trivia, bingo, karaoke, etc...).  Therefore, I would also like to keep the list updated with the current Activities Managers whom many of us develop strong relationships with based on our varying degrees of participation in ship events. 

 

While I know there are similar lists maintained elsewhere on the internet, my desire is to provide an easily accessed (thanks in part to the long-term edit function of these boards) and more user friendly document than what currently exists.  In addition to receiving regular updates from the fantastic blog community that fill these boards with Royal Caribbean knowledge everyday, I also hope to leverage Kat's evergrowing Periscope community to obtain real time and accurate updates as to who holds these very important positions throughout the Royal Caribbean fleet.   Below is my first stab at a draft of the list based on information I was able to retrieve from various social media and online content.  As you can see, there are some blanks, which I am sure many of you will be able to assist with filling in.  Please feel free to respond here with any list updates or any comments as to the format or layout of the document.

 

I would like to thank all of you in advance for any assistance you can provide with making this list a useful resource for Royal Caribbean cruisers.

 

28960224574_ed5cae0f72_b.jpg

UPDATE:

Ship

Cruise Director

Activities Manager

Adventure

Casey Pelter

Eric (last name?)

Allure

Mitch Merucci

Amy Tripp

Anthem

Dru Pavlov

Hugo Arenas

Brilliance

Clo O’Connor

Unknown

Empress

Carlos Torres

Cecy Del Razo

Enchantment

 Michelle Pimentinha Oliveira

 Unknown

Explorer

Graham Seymour

Joe Chambers

Freedom

 Mercedes La Fuentes

Jerry (last name?)

Grandeur 

 Susan Adams

Tanya Yates Tongue

Harmony

 Abe Hughes

Katy McCullagh

Independence

 Joff Eaton

Caroline Peters

Jewel

Simona Ferraiuolo

Daniel Klophaus

Liberty

John Blair

Katrina Blair

Mariner

Unknown

Unknown

Majesty

Bobby Broughton

Moe Vatuloka

Navigator

Cuddy Cudworth

Mark Rous

Oasis

Tim Connor

Marvin Wilson

Ovation

Gordon Whatman

Unknown

Quantum

Chris Brown

Unknown

Radiance

Steve Davis

Margot Van Erck

Rhapsody

Patricio Honores

Daniel Dornas

Serenade

Topi Ylönen

Aysy Sadrislamova

Vision

Keith Williams

Chris Hopkins

Voyager

Jamie Fentiman

Unknown

EDIT: Please ask if you would like to know who will be onboard on a specific date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE as of June 30th, 2017:

Ship

Cruise Director

Activities Manager

Adventure

Casey Pelter

Eric (last name?)

Allure

Mitch Merucci

Amy Tripp

Anthem

Dru Pavlov

Hugo Arenas

Brilliance

Clo O’Connor

TT Algan

Empress

Carlos Torres

Cecy Del Razo

Enchantment

 Michelle Pimentinha Oliveira

 Unknown

Explorer

Graham Seymour

Joe Chambers

Freedom

 Mercedes La Fuentes

Jerry (last name?)

Grandeur 

 Susan Adams

Tanya Yates Tongue

Harmony

 Abe Hughes

Katy McCullagh

Independence

 Joff Eaton

Caroline Peters

Jewel

Simona Ferraiuolo

Daniel Klophaus

Liberty

John Blair

Katrina Blair

Mariner

Unknown

Unknown

Majesty

Bobby Broughton

Mauricio Diaz

Navigator

Cuddy Cudworth

Mark Rous

Oasis

Tim Connor

Moe Vatuloka

Ovation

Gordon Whatman

Agari G

Quantum

Chris Brown

Unknown

Radiance

Steve Davis

Margot Van Erck

Rhapsody

Patricio Honores

Daniel Dornas

Serenade

Topi Ylönen

Aysy Sadrislamova

Vision

Chris Hopkins

Mickey Martin

Voyager

Jamie Fentiman

Troy Zhang

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE as of September 12th, 2017:

Ship

Cruise Director

Activities Manager

Adventure

Elvis Pinto

Renato Arana

Allure

Jimmy Rhodes 

Grant Martin

Anthem

Marc Walker

Hugo Arenas

Brilliance

Mercedes La Fuentes

Unknown

Empress

Carlos Torres

Cecy Del Razo

Enchantment

 Michelle Pimentinha Oliveira

 Unknown

Explorer

Dan Whitney

Amy Tripp?

Freedom

 Michele Scarpato

Danny (last name?)

Grandeur 

 Susan Adams

Tino Jackson

Harmony

 Bobby Brown

Jerry de la Concha

Independence

 Joff Eaton

Caroline Peters

Jewel

Simona Ferraiuolo

Mickey Martin

Liberty

Drew Devine

Tresha Robb

Mariner

Ken Jones

Unknown

Majesty

Ricky Matthews

Mauricio Diaz

Navigator

Cuddy Cudworth

Elizabeth Hackett

Oasis

Jeff Arpin

Katie Turner

Ovation

Mike Hunnerup

Raphael Wu

Quantum

Chris Brown

Unknown

Radiance

John Blair

Katrina Blair

Rhapsody

Patricio Honores

Eric Lopez

Serenade

Topi Ylönen

Aysy Sadrislamova

Vision

Chris Hopkins

Angelle Rutten Van Hemert

Voyager

Jerome Sueur

Troy Zhang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

UPDATE as of September 12th, 2017:

Ship

Cruise Director

Activities Manager

Adventure

Elvis Pinto

Renato Arana

Allure

Jimmy Rhodes 

Grant Martin

Anthem

Marc Walker

Hugo Arenas

Brilliance

Mercedes La Fuentes

Unknown

Empress

Carlos Torres

Cecy Del Razo

Enchantment

 Michelle Pimentinha Oliveira

 Unknown

Explorer

Dan Whitney

Amy Tripp?

Freedom

 Michele Scarpato

Danny (last name?)

Grandeur 

 Susan Adams

Tino Jackson

Harmony

 Bobby Brown

Jerry de la Concha

Independence

 Joff Eaton

Caroline Peters

Jewel

Simona Ferraiuolo

Mickey Martin

Liberty

Drew Devine

Tresha Robb

Mariner

Ken Jones

Unknown

Majesty

Ricky Matthews

Mauricio Diaz

Navigator

Cuddy Cudworth

Elizabeth Hackett

Oasis

Jeff Arpin

Katie Turner

Ovation

Mike Hunnerup

Raphael Wu

Quantum

Chris Brown

Unknown

Radiance

John Blair

Katrina Blair

Rhapsody

Patricio Honores

Eric Lopez

Serenade

Topi Ylönen

Aysy Sadrislamova

Vision

Chris Hopkins

Angelle Rutten Van Hemert

Voyager

Jerome Sueur

Troy Zhang

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Koz said:

So what do we know about Jimmy Rhodes, other than the fact that his name could easily translate to the world of Private Investigation or adult films?  Looks like he'll be our guy on 4 NOV!

Had Jimmy Rhodes in 2014 on Oasis. He's a good CD, although with it being a big ship, I didn't see enough of him to get an impression. Seemed entertaining enough.

He did do a good morning show, liked the catchphrase "How u cruisin?". His AM at the moment is Grant Martin, who gets very good reviews, so make sure to tune into their morning show.

Interesting fact about Jimmy - he was the CD that took out Quantum of the Seas 3 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...