Jump to content

Potential Policy change idea.


Tyro
 Share

Recommended Posts

I know RCL is holding firm on not having vaccinations be a requirement due to “Family vacation values” but I’m curious what all of yours thoughts would be and the possibility of them picking out one ship per class and designating it as a vaccination only cruise would be? These ships would be departing from US, but essentially have the same rules as Adventure currently does. I think this could be more likely as RCL gets more feedback from guests once cruises start hitting stride again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

10 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I don't see this as a possibility. If anything all ships may go the 95% route. So far the guest traveling includes children and unvaxx, do you think they are telling RCG to only provide fully vax cruises?

By fully vax I’m referring to the 95%, as I believe that’s the industry term as of right now. And I believe there’s a market for both which is why they could possibility do 2 or 3 ships be that 95% mark, perhaps the allure, and older ships that got the older amplified refurbishments if at all yet. I just think it would be a nice option for those complaining about having to wear masks, as mask wearing is seeming to be here longer than originally thought.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't really like to talk about this,( mask.v.no mask, vax.v.unvax) because it ruins any topic but....

Fully vax is not 95%, it is 100%. Many ships have been operating at close to or even over 95%

How bad does it look for a company to have deny someone? Because that's exactly what RCG would be doing by singling out ships for only vax pax. Having separate venues is already cutting it a little close. But per the current CDC recommendations, anyone indoors needs to wear mask, so whether it is 50% or 95% is a moot point.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

How bad does it look for a company to have deny someone? Because that's exactly what RCG would be doing by singling out ships for only vax pax. Having separate venues is already cutting it a little close. But per the current CDC recommendations, anyone indoors needs to wear mask, so whether it is 50% or 95% is a moot point.

It’s working for Carnival who will have the most ships sailing so I don’t think it’s that bad. It’s the reality of the industry right now. Carnival denies unvaxed after all final payments are in so I don’t think they are too worried about long term damage to their brand. I think Royal having a few ships designated to be 95% vaccinated is a great idea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

Don’t they already have different rules for ships sailing from different states? 

Yes.  Galveston, for example, requires all over 12 to be fully vaccinated.  That allows families to cruise since children over 12 can be vaccinated.  I believe only Florida doesn’t allow proof of vaccinations to be required so it is unlikely Royal will go the 95% route in that state - although Carnival appears to be doing it successfully and NSL is suing to force the issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Vancity Cruiser Lots of things that CCL do are on-brand, lol. I am just going to leave it at that.

@ChrisK2793 Hmmmm why is math so hard... No dig at you but fully is 100, herd immunity doesn't equal fully vax. Also in this case they are talking about 95% of the cruisers having all required doses.

The fact that different protocols exist is imho the greatest problem. But that is not the same as designating separate ships based on status. I think each cruise line is doing exactly what they need to do from a business perspective and staying on brand. I don't expect any of them to change what they are doing anytime soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

@Vancity Cruiser Lots of things that CCL do are on-brand, lol. I am just going to leave it at that.

@ChrisK2793 Hmmmm why is math so hard... No dig at you but fully is 100, herd immunity doesn't equal fully vax. Also in this case they are talking about 95% of the cruisers having all required doses.

The fact that different protocols exist is imho the greatest problem. But that is not the same as designating separate ships based on status. I think each cruise line is doing exactly what they need to do from a business perspective and staying on brand. I don't expect any of them to change what they are doing anytime soon.


I’m not stupid, I know what 100% means ….. BUT ACCORDING TO ROYAL AND THE CDC …… 95% is considered a “fully vaccinated cruise” …… my question was that if 95% can be considered a “fully vaccinated cruise” by BOTH Royal AND the CDC …….. then why not 90% or 85% when “science” says herd immunity to diseases is considered to when 70% to 80% are vaccinated or immune.

I didn’t think I’d have to spell it out in such detail for my question to be understood.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:

BUT ACCORDING TO ROYAL AND THE CDC …… 95% is considered a “fully vaccinated cruise”

I believe this 95% figure is coming from what the CDC deemed as the acceptible level of risk for the cruiselines to be allowed to start sailing a specific ship without doing the test cruises.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:


I don’t understand why 90% or even 85% couldn’t be considered a fully vaxxed cruise …… all the “science” says that herd immunity occurs at 70% to 80% for diseases in populations.

 

That's over months and years not 7 days or with just 3000 people. I expect Tough Love is only way past this. The worst case scenario is going to be the hard anti-vax population AND the rest of the world where they just can't get enough vax supplies will be the breeding ground for a variant that even more transmissible than Delta and we will be back to needing a whole new vaccine NOT JUST A BOOSTER shot. NO SHOT ?... no cruise, no work, no air travel, no concerts..... It's coming.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Royal Blue said:

That's over months and years not 7 days or with just 3000 people. I expect Tough Love is only way past this. The worst case scenario is going to be the hard anti-vax population AND the rest of the world where they just can't get enough vax supplies will be the breeding ground for a variant that even more transmissible than Delta and we will be back to needing a whole new vaccine NOT JUST A BOOSTER shot. NO SHOT ?... no cruise, no work, no air travel, no concerts..... It's coming.


I’m vaccinated and have had Covid ……. And it’s ridiculous the way the vaccinated are now being punished and forced to do things they shouldn’t have to after being vaccinated just for the “sake of the unvaccinated “

And I’m normally against most vaccines and swore I’d never get this vaccine …….. I got it to travel and now it’s seems you’re going to be punished along with the rest even though you got the vaccine.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:


I’m vaccinated and have had Covid ……. And it’s ridiculous the way the vaccinated are now being punished and forced to do things they shouldn’t have to after being vaccinated for the “sake of the unvaccinated “

 

Not sure its all being driven by unvax,  a couple of breakthroughs have occurred (included on the Millennium in Alaska), with positive test on a vaccinated individual.  I don't know why this happens? Does  the nature of some tests reveal exposure vs infection?  Maybe.  

Some cruise lines are going to do everything possible to demonstrate risk mitigation to an industry unfriendly regulatory domain.  At this point, It's about keeping the ships sailing with passenger and not getting shut down again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

remember NO vax co. has ever claimed 100% efficacy.  So the 3-5% who are vaccinated WILL get get it . But you won't (99.5%) end up in serious shape or dead.

Yes the un-vaxxed have and will place a huge financial  burden  on the rest society and business for many years to come. Sad to say but the most efficient way to get the vax rates up to that 85+% mark is for a dramatic increase in deaths  - and quick deaths at that . And major names in that anti science echo chamber. No 2 -3 weeks on a vent, cough on monday , dead on friday. You can't spin conspiracy theories when the refrigerated  reefer trucks have to come back to the hospitals because the morgues are full.

Come on karma !

26 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:


I’m vaccinated and have had Covid ……. And it’s ridiculous the way the vaccinated are now being punished and forced to do things they shouldn’t have to after being vaccinated for the “sake of the unvaccinated “

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@ChrisK2793 I didn't imply or say anything regarding your intelligence, hence the no dig comment. I didn't not mean in any way to offend you, not my intentions, I apologize if that's the way it came off.

I simply meant that science has math but isn't math. The 95% implies everyone with the option to vax is and takes into consideration those who can't be like children, infants and people possibly allergic to vaccinations. Op asked about cruises only for vax and I stated at most they would follow 95% route. Lots of people bring up that argument and the CDC threshold for a fully vax cruise. I just think its funny math...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...