Jump to content

New vaccine update


Recommended Posts

Vaccines are free, responsible folks should have the wherewithal to protect themselves and not complicate the issues of restarting cruises. Yes, you have a choice, get vaccinated or find another type of vacation rather than running the risk of ruining cruising for everyone.  The CDC will be standing by waiting for the first hint of COVID cases on board cruise ships, and here we go again and they will be saying “We told you so” loud and and clear!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At least now we know how they're dealing with the Florida law.  

No one will be required to provide proof of vaccination, but if you choose to do so, you get certain benefits.  If you choose not to, you're treated as unvaccinated.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shocking news of the day... Carnival requires vaccine but Royal drops it. Who could've predicted that? Disappointing news for sure for myself and all other Loyal to Royal cruisers but let's see how this all plays out. I think Royal dropped the ball on this to be honest but we'll see...oh and that Carnival Mardi Gras ship don't look too bad...I got a feeling that Royal may reverse course... usually happens when there is a huge backlash from their loyal customer base. Michael Bayley (President/CEO of Royal Caribbean) said that 80% of their guests prefer to go on cruise ships that ARE vaccinated, so of course this decision makes perfect sense. LOL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, johnt83 said:

Shocking news of the day... Carnival requires vaccine but Royal drops it. Who could've predicted that? Disappointing news for sure for myself and all other Loyal to Royal cruisers but let's see how this all plays out. I think Royal dropped the ball on this to be honest but we'll see...oh and that Carnival Mardi Gras ship don't look too bad...I got a feeling that Royal may reverse course... usually happens when there is a huge backlash from their loyal customer base. Michael Bayley (President/CEO of Royal Caribbean) said that 80% of their guests prefer to go on cruise ships that ARE vaccinated, so of course this decision makes perfect sense. LOL.

There are Loyal to Royal cruisers that don’t feel the same way as you, at least one anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Josh C said:

on board, everyone goes by some form of the Quantum/Royal Promise style protocols (Masks everywhere, physical distancing, limited hours, etc.) This option would be much easier to enforce. But I can definitely see Vaccinated persons be equally upset with this option.

Yes I would, Will be, being fully vaccinated the CDC says i no longer have to wear a mask indoors or outdoors.  Just because a few selfish individual don't want to get vaccinated and think they will feel like 3rd class citizens, because they are restricted from certain areas of the ship every one else should suffer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

How many people here who would cruise if not vaccinated?

I would not. 

For those that say the fully vaccinated can still catch it, I will point to the MLB Yankees with 9 breakthrough cases of Covid in vaccinated players witch was only detected because they are constantly testing.  "Seven of the infected members are asymptomatic and two have mild symptoms."  So if not tested specifically for Covid no one would have even known they had it, which is why we get Vacinated

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, gatorskin76 said:

There are Loyal to Royal cruisers that don’t feel the same way as you, at least one anyway.

All good, everyone has a different opinion, I was just going off of what I am seeing on other social media sites like Facebook and my thoughts, most people aren't too happy with the decision. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Fortunately for me my next cruise isn't until November. I am a big believer in that the best and safest way to get cruising restarted out of the US is to require vaccines for all those who are eligible. Plain and simple. It's temporary, not forever, just do it at the start, because if something happens onboard, the CDC is ready to shut it down again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, CruiseGus said:

I would not. 

For those that say  the fully vaccinated can still catch it, I will point to the MLB Yankees with 9 breakthrough cases of Covid in vaccinated players witch was only detected because they are constantly testing.  "Seven of the infected members are asymptomatic and two have mild symptoms."  So if not tested specifically for Covid no one would have even known they had it, which is why we get Vacinated

Thanks for that info, I forgot that. So I haven't heard of anyone getting covid after vaccination that had a severe case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we'll see that 80% Bailey/Fain threw out there as having a preference for sailings where everyone is vaccinated right here. 

My take on the best reason to NOT sail if you're not vaccinated is that out of the gate, the microscope will be on the cruise lines. There's an increased risk of SARS2 infection in a mixed crowd. Even though it is small, it isn't zero. One case ..... ONE, will very likely shut down cruising no matter how well it is handled..... and it will be handled well and it won't matter. That may be and exaggeration but man, it would be a bummer if it happened.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, JeffB said:

My take on the best reason to NOT sail if you're not vaccinated is that out of the gate, the microscope will be on the cruise lines. There's an increased risk of SARS2 infection in a mixed crowd. Even though it is small, it isn't zero. One case ..... ONE, will very likely shut down cruising no matter how well it is handled

What does it take to shut down a single cruise for an outbreak of norovirus?  I think it is about 2% of the guests onboard the ship.  Say there are 4000-5000 guests on average so only 80-100 people "reporting" gastrointestinal symptoms and the cruise ship goes back to port I believe. 

I agree, just a couple of cases of covid found during the daily testing on the people who aren't vaccinated will shut everything down again.  It won't really matter if people are reporting symptoms or not if they are testing.  I'm thinking about 5-10 positive tests and my cruise will be toast and future cruises will likely be cancelled again.

I personally wouldn't want to be the person contributing to the number of cases found onboard a cruise ship.   I'm vaccinated so hopefully I won't be.  If I'm one of the "breakthrough cases" at least I can say I was vaccinated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

Thanks for that info, I forgot that. So I haven't heard of anyone getting covid after vaccination that had a severe case.

I haven't heard of any severe cases, but there have been breakthrough cases "people getting infected after getting the vaccine". It is around 10,000 people out of the 101,000,000 that have gotten the vaccine, so like .00000000001%

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Josh C said:

I would not, and further, I will not cruise on ships that do not require a vaccine for all who are eligible. 

I am with you...I really don't want to cancel my Royal cruises...shoot... look at Norwegian, Carnival, Celebrity, they are requiring the vaccine. Come on Royal... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I would have no problem going on an unvaccinated cruise

That's awesome, we'll see how these unvaccinated cruises go at the restart. Fingers crossed shit doesn't go down and the industry gets shutdown again by the CDC. They are watching. Don't F up cruise operators!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, JeffB said:

I think we'll see that 80% Bailey/Fain threw out there as having a preference for sailings where everyone is vaccinated right here. 

My take on the best reason to NOT sail if you're not vaccinated is that out of the gate, the microscope will be on the cruise lines. There's an increased risk of SARS2 infection in a mixed crowd. Even though it is small, it isn't zero. One case ..... ONE, will very likely shut down cruising no matter how well it is handled..... and it will be handled well and it won't matter. That may be and exaggeration but man, it would be a bummer if it happened.

100% agree with this...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

What does it take to shut down a single cruise for an outbreak of norovirus?  I think it is about 2% of the guests onboard the ship.  Say there are 4000-5000 guests on average so only 80-100 people "reporting" gastrointestinal symptoms and the cruise ship goes back to port I believe. 

I agree, just a couple of cases of covid found during the daily testing on the people who aren't vaccinated will shut everything down again.  It won't really matter if people are reporting symptoms or not if they are testing.  I'm thinking about 5-10 positive tests and my cruise will be toast and future cruises will likely be cancelled again.

I personally wouldn't want to be the person contributing to the number of cases found onboard a cruise ship.   I'm vaccinated so hopefully I won't be.  If I'm one of the "breakthrough cases" at least I can say I was vaccinated.

Fully agree with this as well. I think that's what people are missing the point on...if an outbreak or something happens with unvaccinated people, you are putting the whole industry in jeopardy. I know vaccinated people can cause issues too BUT far less likely than unvaccinated people. Vaccinated people are less likely to get severe illness or die, unvaccinated people...well...you know the death count... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Matt locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...