I spy with my little eye...Navigator from LA edition

On 4/3/2021 at 2:02 PM, johnt83 said:

The lady I spoke to was very nice, she did confirm that there has been a delay in getting the Nav sailings out of LA posted on the website as they are still working on some critical details

So I don’t have a source for this, but rumors are that the twice weekly visit to Ensenada is posing some shore excursion problems, thus holding up itinerary releases. Currently the Donkey show is held once a week and the donkey is in his golden years. Two shows a week could cause exhaustion.  A replacement donkey is being sought out. 
I have never been and therefore can’t comment on the quality or demand for this excursion. 

4 hours ago, twangster said:

The June 10 "inaugural" LA cruise date is one I've heard before.  

If you do the math with April 25 being the last turn around day in Miami it yields 46 nights.  That is the exact length of time Mariner took to go around Cape Horn in 2009.  

I wonder if they weren't ready to announce South America cruises, or maybe they plan to cut Navigator's  height and get her through the canal so they needed to delay while they figure that out and possibly add some more LA cruises.  

The other thing that comes to mind is possibly telling the deployment team to drop everything and find another non-US port to launch a ship from pronto.

Oh God I just realized I need more vacation days next year. There are so many great cruises on the horizon in 2022, I have 2 cruises already booked for 2022, I'm holding out to see what else Royal comes up with. Haven't booked anything for the fall yet still waiting to see what happens with LA.

Take two

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS® HEADS TO LOS ANGELES NOVEMBER 2021

Navigator of the Seas’ newest homeport of Los Angeles, California was announced – signifying Royal Caribbean’s return to the west coast after a decade-long hiatus. We’re thrilled to share we were presented with an opportunity to bring Navigatorto Los Angeles even sooner! Navigator of the Seas will now begin sailing year-round from Los Angeles, California as of November 2021. These new itineraries will open for sale the week of April 12, 2021. 

Maybe they figure it's better to cut their losses from reduced capacity fall Miami sailings and get her over to LA ready for a restart to coincide with something a lot closer to normal in November from LA?

By sailing empty they can minimize the transit time and start from LA red hot and raring to go plus capitalize on the CA holiday market.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Take two

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS® HEADS TO LOS ANGELES NOVEMBER 2021

Navigator of the Seas’ newest homeport of Los Angeles, California was announced – signifying Royal Caribbean’s return to the west coast after a decade-long hiatus. We’re thrilled to share we were presented with an opportunity to bring Navigatorto Los Angeles even sooner! Navigator of the Seas will now begin sailing year-round from Los Angeles, California as of November 2021. These new itineraries will open for sale the week of April 12, 2021. 

I got this memo from my travel agent as well. My thought is that by broadening the ports in which ships are scheduled to sail this fall will increase the number of areas negatively effected by not allowing ships to sail. One ship from LA is not a big thing to the area as a whole, but it is a big thing to the hundreds (thousands?) of people employed by its presence. Small vocal groups from around the country is more powerful than a larger singular group in Florida. 

4 hours ago, johnt83 said:

May be an image of outdoors and text that says 'NAVIGATOR THE OF SEAS LOS ANGELES Navigator of the Seas newest homeport of ofLos Angeles, California was announced signifying Royal Caribbean's return to the west coast after a decade-long hiatus. We're thrilled to share we were presented with an opportunity to bring Navigatorto LOS Angeles even sooner! Navigator ofthe Seas will now begin sailing year-round from Los Angeles, California as of November 2021. These new itineraries will open for sale the week of April 12, 2021.'

Just sharing the pic from Royal Caribbean as well. Wow they are sailing starting November 2021 and not June 2022? Crazy!! Good news ? Let's see if they will actually sail though... hopeful.

Not good news for me!!  I am supposed to be with my group of 30 family members on the Navigator in April 2022 sailing from Ft Lauderdale!!!!!!!

To further elaborate on my above info...so Royal is offering us to rebook on the Freedom sailing from Miami same itinerary, same week.  My group has 7 JS and 5 Spacious Balconies and I checked the Freedom sailing and it says All Suites Sold out!!!!!!!!  Now what???  Three times booked on Navigator...all doomed!  Now it looks like what is being offered to replace the 2022 cruise doesn't have the accommodations available.  When I called the groups dept. the agent told me I have to wait about a week and someone should reach out to me.  Hoping for the best! 

10 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

To further elaborate on my above info...so Royal is offering us to rebook on the Freedom sailing from Miami same itinerary, same week.  My group has 7 JS and 5 Spacious Balconies and I checked the Freedom sailing and it says All Suites Sold out!!!!!!!!  Now what???  Three times booked on Navigator...all doomed!  Now it looks like what is being offered to replace the 2022 cruise doesn't have the accommodations available.  When I called the groups dept. the agent told me I have to wait about a week and someone should reach out to me.  Hoping for the best! 

They have closed Freedom for new bookings so what you see on the website is not indicative of actual inventory.

They have basically frozen Freedom so they can move guests as cleanly as possible.

Well... This escalated quickly.

I am booked on Navigator out of FLL March of 22' and had hoped to add a west coast or Panama Canal (longshot, I know) for later in the year. Now here I am scrambling to keep the Oceanview panoramic suite I had on Navigator for the move to Freedom.

Just got off the phone with them and they can't lock me into that room until the 14th. The phone agent said they will start moving reservations on the 14th and should be done by the 23rd.

A little bummed because we LOVE Hooked seafood on Navigator, so not having that on Freedom stinks. But staying positive because Freedom was our honeymoon cruise and will now be our first cruise as a family of 3.

I’ve been waiting for Royal to sail out of my home port, so I’m personally excited and can’t wait to book! 
Though I too would be frustrated and scrambling. We are booked on Anthem Dec ‘21 (12 nights) fully paid. The fact that Royal is cancelling cruises in a way that may be best for them and not necessarily due to CDC guidelines is nerve-racking and I wonder should I consider sailing out of LA. Wait I already bought flights to get us to New Jersey in December ? ?

1 hour ago, twangster said:
1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

True, but flying in early, like on the Thursday before and flying home on the Friday after Thanksgiving can not be as busy.

Book flights the day they are released. (The tried and true cruise booking strategy) Major airlines are usually 11 months out. 
I have thanksgiving flights this fall which have tripled in price. 

31 minutes ago, AlmondFarmer said:

Book flights the day they are released. (The tried and true cruise booking strategy) Major airlines are usually 11 months out. 
I have thanksgiving flights this fall which have tripled in price. 

I was able to book award seats today for 34k miles.  Not bad really.

We'll see once Southwest opens up for this time period.  I may make the switch.