Jump to content

Educating cruisers on the new normal


haf
 Share

Recommended Posts

Now that a restart is a possible, does anybody know whether RCL is planning a series of videos or posts on this blog about the way cruisers should prepare themselves. From my own experience, most people I met on RCL ships pre-pandemic were self-disciplined. However, with the new normal we are in, I hope RCL will put out some kind of videos highlighting what is possible and what is not. What do you think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, haf said:

Now that a restart is a possible, does anybody know whether RCL is planning a series of videos or posts on this blog about the way cruisers should prepare themselves. From my own experience, most people I met on RCL ships pre-pandemic were self-disciplined. However, with the new normal we are in, I hope RCL will put out some kind of videos highlighting what is possible and what is not. What do you think?

RCG has been sharing lots of information on the new norm for weeks that can be viewed on their website and on this blog. Just do the appropriate search.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

RCG has been sharing lots of information on the new norm for weeks that can be viewed on their website and on this blog. Just do the appropriate search.

Thanks. Yes, I have gone through those. I was thinking about some short videos showing for example a couple in the dining room, swimmng pool and other areas. These actors then would explain the basics of the new normal. I understand that it might seem silly but I like to plan well in advance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, haf said:

Thanks. Yes, I have gone through those. I was thinking about some short videos showing for example a couple in the dining room, swimmng pool and other areas. These actors then would explain the basics of the new normal. I understand that it might seem silly but I like to plan well in advance. 

Perhaps they will, I  would imagine there will be a fair amount of information distributed; but there will be none anytime soon.  RCG doesn't even know what the new normal is yet, and until the final plans are submitted, approved, test journeys made, mitigation protocols evaluated, and certificates issued-there is no news to tell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In Europe multiple cruise lines have been put into a position to deny reboarding for passengers who break the rules at a port of call.  It's not widespread but it has occured enough to know we can't rely on common sense or assume common knowledge of the rules. 

They will need to over communicate and passengers should be required to acknowledge the requirements to follow protocols and the outcome should passengers not follow protocols.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, crisgold52 said:

This will be interesting to watch as multiple people will be coming in from multiple states Red or Blue with new normal depending on how each state of literally what each city has in place. It will be a wake up call for those who are not used to following such guidelines or ignoring them based on where they live. So there will be friction guaranteed for those who do manage to embark but do what their not used to doing In their home states or towns aka pretending nothing is happening. Again this is another elephant in the room. One only has to look at Twitter to see such things. Either way it's a step forward that cruises can theoretically resume but it's the people who think nothing is happening that will be an issue for the lines to contend with aka non cruise fans who do not use this platform of follow the industry.

Is this really any different then airlines asking their passengers to wear masks?  There have been a few news reports of people being banned from flying due to not wearing masks, but it seems like most people are following the guidelines.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, crisgold52 said:

This will be interesting to watch as multiple people will be coming in from multiple states Red or Blue with new normal depending on how each state of literally what each city has in place. It will be a wake up call for those who are not used to following such guidelines or ignoring them based on where they live. So there will be friction guaranteed for those who do manage to embark but do what their not used to doing In their home states or towns aka pretending nothing is happening. Again this is another elephant in the room. One only has to look at Twitter to see such things. Either way it's a step forward that cruises can theoretically resume but it's the people who think nothing is happening that will be an issue for the lines to contend with aka non cruise fans who do not use this platform of follow the industry.

Actually, this is what I have in mind. A few bad apples and the whole thing is ruined. Like Matt said, most likely, there will be some videos put forth by RCL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, crisgold52 said:

This will be interesting to watch as multiple people will be coming in from multiple states Red or Blue with new normal depending on how each state of literally what each city has in place. It will be a wake up call for those who are not used to following such guidelines or ignoring them based on where they live. So there will be friction guaranteed for those who do manage to embark but do what their not used to doing In their home states or towns aka pretending nothing is happening. Again this is another elephant in the room. One only has to look at Twitter to see such things. Either way it's a step forward that cruises can theoretically resume but it's the people who think nothing is happening that will be an issue for the lines to contend with aka non cruise fans who do not use this platform of follow the industry.

Even in Canada(where supposedly we are handling Covid well..lol) we have different rules for each province and some cities within the same province, so the color of the state really doesn't have any bearing...why don't you just say each province instead of trying to get a dig in at the USA.

 

Pretty sure I saw ALOT of people from your own province flaunting the rules this weekend....

 

Here in Canada, we are threatened with fines, jail and Covid camps for detention if we don't follow the rules..so please don't try to make another country out to be worse than yourself.....

 

Rules change all the time for various reasons..its not hard to learn and adapt...some emails and videos should be enough from Royal...its not rocket science to understand what we will need to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...