Tiffeven

Brilliance of the Seas... take two

Debarkation and final thoughts:

We met Amit at 7:15am this morning, and he opened a side door that let us jump in front of a lot of people.  We carried our own luggage off, and it took about 30 minutes to get to our car even with priority debarkation.  I definitely prefer Port Everglades and Port Canaveral to Tampa for debarkation, but Tampa still beats Galveston.  I have cruised out of Tampa a few times now and will definitely do it again, since it's closer than many of Royal Caribbean's other ports.

Our cabin 1536 on Brilliance was better than we expected,  but you could definitely hear noise from chairs being moved above us.  We sleep with a white noise machine so that helped, but we could still hear the noise.  

The kid's waterslide hours and the Solarium pool hours were very restrictive.  We didn't spend any time in the Solarium pool as it closed around 8pm every night.  Adventure Ocean reopens after dinner at 7pm each night, so it did not give ample time to enjoy the Solarium even though Brilliance has a beautiful Solarium.  This was also an issue for the show.  We had hoped to see Center Stage, but it only played on Day 4 at 7pm.  To get the reserved suite seats, you have to arrive 15 minutes ahead of time, and it was impossible to arrive at 6:45pm since AO did not open until 7pm.

Other than the restricted hours, we had a great trip and would definitely sail on Brilliance again.  Thank you for following along on our trip.

15 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Thanks for blogging @Tiffeven!  I really enjoyed following this one!  It always amazes me how calm your days seem with 4 young kids lol.

They are really good kids.  Not to mention, having two kid-free adult only hours in the evenings when the kids are in nursery and Adventure Ocean does a lot for our sanity lol.  I'm one of the lucky ones whose kids love going to the kid's clubs on cruises.  We have to practically drag Sophia and Christian out of AO, they enjoy it so much.  Even Kat and Nyssa (the one and two year old) enjoy going to the nursery.  I think it helps that we started them cruising as early as possible (at 6 months).

15 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Thanks for blogging @Tiffeven

14 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Thanks for the live blog, @Tiffeven!

14 hours ago, Jaymac Radio said:

Thank You So Much For The Awesome Live Blog @Tiffeven! I Really Enjoyed It!

14 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Thanks !!!!  Sorry its over so soon !!!!

Thanks everyone!

Thanks for live blogging, you and hubby are adorbs. How exactly does the hot rock work? Is there something underneath heating up the slab constantly? Is it only beef or seafood...can you ?cook? veggies and other stuff on the slab?