emsff02

Give me Liberty annnd an $18 DX Package? I'll Take it! Liberty of the Seas Feb 16-23 Western Caribbean

Thank you so much for the review of the Dinner Theater.  I always struggle deciding on activities where a large part of the cost is tied up in the alcohol as we don't drink, but the food looks marvelous and the show sounds fun. A little extra for entertainment with dinner never seems like a bad idea.

Did you figure out who done it though?

In Chicago our mystery dinner is $68 a person and no alcohol is included, its also basically pasta. I can see the mystery dinner being worth it when you are doing alcohol/specialty dining ala carte. You get specialty dining, drinks, and a show...two if you include the other cruisers😜. Also they give quite a bit of food.

Also no offense but that 2br suite looks really cramped, it has to be the layout.

32 minutes ago, panda123 said:

I see a special on the table flyer for "surf & turf". Was this at lunch in MDR? 

So this picture was taken at breakfast. I didn’t pay any attention to the sign myself. I’ll see if it is still there at dinner and report back.

3 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Your kids are adorable and look to be already having the time of their lives. I also love that your sister has a t-shirt of leg day...and its a chicken leg😂

Friends don’t let friends skip 🍗 day, even if it is a 🐔 🍗

30 minutes ago, emsff02 said:

Well, I did it again, and forgot to get pictures of our dinners for the people that like them. Heather said that @Matt and @Lovetocruise2002 are going to suspend my live blogging privileges 😂😂

It’s ok. You get a pass for forgotten MDR dinners. If it was CK that would be another issue. 😜

Sea Day #2

I woke up this morning and made my way to the cafe promenade to repair my caffeine to blood ratio, and did a few laps around the outside of deck 4.

Here is our current location 

77ACE997-D356-4F57-BDEB-B0E2DA9135CE.thumb.png.597c8b71833a8effbff4b4cbe6495131.png

I can see land off in the distance.

FE2D2193-9DD3-4AA2-A371-0E70C321FE98.thumb.jpeg.0bedb59a93adf4a81ee784975d345731.jpeg

We don’t have too many plans for the day other than some relaxing. My daughter did want to do the cupcake decorating class so we do have that. There will be more pool time. I’m going to try to get some time on the slides etc. There will be some trivia, which I will lose, some more beverages etc. 

some stray observations: As would be expected, the crew is very dedicated and friendly, but I feel are even more so than the crew we had on Navigator. They seem to be engaging us, and the kids (which I feel is more important) more enthusiasticly.

The ship is very clean. When on Navigator, the level of house keeping seemed to be lower. Every day the hallways were full of room service trays sitting outside stateroom doors for hours and hours. Here this is far less. The pool decks are also swept of empty glasses etc quickly it seems. 

Now I know these are subjective observations and can vary from sailing to sailing and experience to experience but it has stuck out in my mind.

I have not posted to many pictures of the ship. @twangster has a great blog when he was on Liberty with outstanding pictures. If anyone out there in the blogosphere wants something specific, let me know and I will seek it out.

I also noticed the lack of room service trays/etc. when we were on board Liberty a couple of weeks ago. We also enjoyed the engaging crew. Glad to see someone else is giving deck 4 some morning lap love.  Definitely my favorite place to get some air and some steps to justify an extra beverage or two....

I wonder if there's a direct correlation between the tasty drinks and the incorrect trivia answers...I suggest more research to confirm.

Although you already got more musician instruments right than I would have. Eric Clapton and Louis Armstrong probably would have been it for me.

Round 3

image.thumb.jpg.7de22b24c538828ccafc905297f74ab1.jpg

the winning team had a younger kid with them. I didn’t stand a chance....

Just now, Vangrizz said:

I wonder if there's a direct correlation between the tasty drinks and the incorrect trivia

Research is in progress. I can say for the first round, the questions were HARD. The winning team got 4 correct.

Where did all those dogs come from?    I have a music degree and I didn't know half of the musicians/instruments.  What do the little lines by them mean?  Oddly enough I know Julian Lloyd Weber plays the cello.... but that's pretty obscure...

Just now, jcackler said:

Where did all those dogs come from?    I have a music degree and I didn't know half of the musicians/instruments.  What do the little lines by them mean?  Oddly enough I know Julian Lloyd Weber plays the cello.... but that's pretty obscure...

All the dogs are characters in some sort of show/cartoon and the object was to name the dog. The little lines were ones we completely guessed on. Julian Webber we guessed piano based on his brother. 

Just now, ellcee said:

Love the formal night family pictures!

Thank you! It’s not often we get to dress up all fancy, so when we do, we like to go all out.

Round 4, Winner winner chicken dinner! Full disclosure, just about everyone was a winner this round. The poor host is new to the entertainment team, and was just given an iPad by her coworker and told her to go. The original objective was supposed to be name that TV tune. It turned into just “name that tune, with the most obvious answers ever” She played about 25 seconds of each tune, and played the chorus of each song that named the tune she was playing. Thankfully everyone was gracious and applauded her efforts, and a good time was had by all. While going over the answers, she played each song again and it turned into one big giant sing along. Prize is a RC keychain.

FC46D66C-CA6A-44C4-B037-192047A6B8C2.jpeg

1 hour ago, Vangrizz said:

I wonder if there's a direct correlation between the tasty drinks and the incorrect trivia answers...I suggest more research to confirm.

Although you already got more musician instruments right than I would have. Eric Clapton and Louis Armstrong probably would have been it for me.

I would have gotten Ravi Shankar.  That's the only other one I recognized !  ...that's b/c I am very old.