Joe01

Harmony LIVE ~ 6/30 & 7/7 ~ Eastern/Western Caribbean

8 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

What are the ports...for me it would be Europe every time but you are from there so the novelty isn’t there but maybe easier to travel?  Jane

Bayonne, Port Canaveral, Perfect Day at CocoCay, Nassau for Oasis.

Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Marseilles, La Spezia, Civitavecchia, Naples for Allure. 

I've been to all of these ports, and personally, the ports on both suck with one good one each (CocoCay and Naples). The Allure itinerary might look attractive to an American but as a European, my opinion is that this is a very basic Med itinerary and I cannot, for the life of me, understand why they have only 1 at sea day on an Oasis Class (it has to be 3, even 2 didn't work on the 2nd leg of this cruise). Marseilles is a total waste and should have been cut from this itinerary years ago (and that's from someone who likes France). The Med itinerary that you are doing on Vision is one of the best for people trying to tour Europe.

Barcelona is a shorter flight, but Bayonne is by far the easiest US departure port for me to sail from as United offers direct flights from both Glasgow & Edinburgh to Newark.

7 hours ago, Joe01 said:

More photos tonight!

What is your vote - amped Oasis from NJ or amped Allure from Barcelona? Decisions, decisions...

If you solely want the ship and another visit to Perfect Day, then I would say go for amped Oasis. Her sailings from NJ will be, for me at least, boring beyond belief. Only ports she'll ever see are Port Canaveral, Nassau, and Coco Cay, so her time in NJ will truly be about making the ship the destination and checking out Perfect Day.

You know you have Post Cruise Depression when you miss the ship's gym...

Much nicer than the godawful gym I go to at home - 8 weeks until my contract is up and I cannot wait.

Shall we do a couple more photos?

On 7/19/2019 at 5:25 PM, JLMoran said:

for me at least, boring beyond belief

I totally agree with you Joe. Perhaps Royal's strategy is to offer this cruise so folks will stay on board while the ship is in port and spend more money! :27_sunglasses:

English Muffin @ Park Cafe + Chocolate Donut. Always a favourite in the AM:

IMG_0757.JPG

Morning Show with Marc and onboard shopping expert Tommy (who made several appearances...where was Moe?):

IMG_0764.JPG

Then, the god-awful Let's Celebrate parade, repeated twice each sailing 🙂:IMG_0772.JPG

IMG_0773.JPG

On 7/3/2019 at 9:44 PM, Joe01 said:

They should! As should parenting classes, but that's another conversation...😂

The elevator etiquette that I don't get is when people take the elevator up or down one deck. Marc called them out on the Morning Show - finally someone mentioned it.

Hope you had a great time Joe. Fellow Scot here and living in Belgium, we are on 8/18 Harmony cruise after a Boston visit.

Just wanted to post that any tutting or vocal comments on someone taking an elevator for 1 floor could make or break a holiday for the person with a disabilty.

Not all disabilites are visible but can still be highly painful for people.

Anyway enjoyed your blog and good luck with your studies.

9 minutes ago, Morganno said:

Hope you had a great time Joe. Fellow Scot here and living in Belgium, we are on 8/18 Harmony cruise after a Boston visit.

Just wanted to post that any tutting or vocal comments on someone taking an elevator for 1 floor could make or break a holiday for the person with a disabilty.

What a humble reminder.  We should also save the elevator for those people and if we can just go up/down a few flights of stairs we should.  Plus, let's be real, we could often use the little exercise from eating all the food ☺️

13 minutes ago, Morganno said:

Of course there are some people with disabilities, but there are several people that are just lazy and they make life harder for those that genuinely do struggle in these situations.

Have a great cruise!

2 minutes ago, CruisinUpinLife said:

What a humble reminder.  We should also save the elevator for those people and if we can just go up/down a few flights of stairs we should.  Plus, let's be real, we could often use the little exercise from eating all the food ☺️

I don't think that we should save elevators as such, there are enough elevators to go around on Harmony, but I do like to use the stairs. I walked from Deck 6 to the Windjammer on Deck 16 several times onboard - you are right that many people could use the exercise.

@joshvc i know this is an old post but stumbled upon it...  and have to shout out to my favorite restaurant I ate at in Orlando ...was the Texas de Brazil.... was the first time any of my family had ever been to that type of place and it was so good... that was like in 2012 or so... and we have been to many Brazilian steakhouses since, but that one is still my favorite!

5 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Me too!  Love Texas de Brazil.  We've been to a few as well and that is my favourite!  I love their Couscous from their salad bar.

for me it was this bisque on the buffet area... i think it was a crab bisque... or may have been lobster... its been a while...but OMG, i could have spent the entire night just eating that soup and nothing else!! lol   SO GOOD!