CGTLH

LIVEish, 7 Days on Symphony (11/17/2018 or 17/11/2018 better yet November 17, 2018)

Sorry to report folks but your eyes aren't playing tricks. Starting tomorrow I'll be coming to you somewhat live from on board the Symphony of the Seas.

This has been a cruise with right around 620 days of waiting. Booked the night reports had started to leak out that Symphony booking had opened up. Little did I know at the time of booking it would be a very short wait to learn this sailing would be part of something much bigger, an official Royal Caribbean Blog Group Cruise.

Itinerary is somewhat port heavy, but still has time to relax.

Day 1 - Miami

Day 2 - Sea Day

Day 3 - Roatan

Day 4 - Costa Maya

Day 5 - Cozumel

Day 6 - Sea Day

Day 7 - Nassau

Day 8 - Eviction in Miami

For those that are new to reading my LIVEish. Check out my previous one to get an idea of what fine quality work I produce: 

Finally, I'll leave this image for fun...

lamp.gif.bba5536b3d3ecfb33d859a4555b041f3.gif

Well, we finally made it down to Miami.  Had two standing reservations with Enterprise for a minivan this morning. Got to Enterprise and no minivans.  Had to wait a little bit for one to be brought in.  Did a little trunk Tetris with the luggage and made the 7-hour drive to Miami.  Uneventful other than traffic..but expected cuz Miami and before a big travel holiday..blah blah blah.

Our hotel is the Hampton Inn and Suites Brickell.  Great location if you are flying as it's about 2 blocks from the Metrorail from the airport.  It is downtown Miami so of course not optimal if you're driving because you have to pay to park..so we checked in, ditched the luggage and drove out to the airport to drop off the rental.

$14 Lyft or $2.25 Metrorail...hmmmm tough choice there.  Now, I don't live in a big city so public transportation is a novelty and I embrace it whenever I can.   Rode the 'Rail back and then hit up the gastropub next to the Hampton.

Now our hotel rate came with coupons for drinks at two bars.  One was this gastropub called Batch.  We hit it up and I got their house Black Barrell draft.  It tasted like KY Bourbon Stout but much, much lighter.  We order some eats..and they made mac and cheese out of gnocchi.  This was amazing comfort food and totally worth the hipster we serve grain bowls and avocado toast prices.  The wings were alao good and the Brussels sprouts were also a hit.

Annnnnd..ladies drink free sangria and well drinks from 10pm-1am.  Whaaaaaaat?  So remember that if you stay downtown Miami on Friday night..Batch in Brickell..look them up!  Currently waiting on my free sangria in plastic cups to take it back to the hotel.

Another bonus... @CGTLH paid the dinner tab...haha, sucker.

10 hours ago, CGTLH said:

It is Officially Cruise Day here in Miami.

In the meantime here are some pictures taken from the 6th floor pool here at the Hampton Inn and Suites.

20181116-7K4A1455-HDR.jpg

After a few beers Thats usually how every building looks to me in the early hours of the morning lol

I know, I know been neglecting things.

Some Windjammer info (sorry no picts)

Stations in the back were Mongolian, pasta, crepes, and Indian. Didn't catch the dessert selections, do recall a huge pile of fruits. In the main section, seemed like the standard fare.

Well, this has been beyond a relaxing sea day.

Breakfast delivered 

Top Tier event  (wasn't paying attention to stats)

Hooked for Lunch

Exclusive Welcome Aboard Reception for cruisers book with MEI

Starbucks Run

Pub Crawl

Group "Come as you are" formal night photo

Dinner in Wonderland 

Hairspray 

Pub time

Pizza time

LIVEish post

Before bed procrastination

-No time to fit in a basic WJ recon