constable145

Anthem of the seas Feb 9th 2018

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Oh.  Thanks.  I thought there was a charge for it on all ships.  Thanks for the info.

I think the difference is that on Anthem, they repurpose the Teen Club room into the escape room for part of the day. On Harmony, the escape room is an actual dedicated room.

Some gossip about Michael's genuine pub.. After 3 days of going there asking for a variety of draft beers only to be told that they were bringing the keg up and to come back tomorrow I made an inquiry. Being told to come back tomorrow 3 days in a row is frustrating.

So apparently they are in at the end of a contract with Michael's genuine pub and speciality items are in short supply. It is unknown to what extent the arrangement will be alerted but there are no specialty craft beers on this voyage due to the contract situation. You have to settle for Stella or some left over bottles.

That being said, the burger and peanut butter pie in a jar were AWESOME.

If you get a chance to eat them, do it. Just don't expect any craft beers while you're at it. 

59 minutes ago, constable145 said:

We went to Wonderland last night. I'm a picky eater. The appetizers do little things to nothing for me.. But the entrées and the dessert.... DAMN. 

Amazing. Well worth the price of admission for those alone. 

Jaime's tonight. We'll see how that stacks up. 

Agree so much about the entrees and dessert comment. Reading between the lines I feel it is the apps that turn most off to Wonderland. Nothing at all strange other than the descriptions when it comes down to the entrees and desserts.

Heck if you are the kind of person that likes shrimp that one app is devine. The eggs are good too if you're in to deviled egg. Love the spicy and smoky kick they have.

4 hours ago, constable145 said:

We went to Wonderland last night. I'm a picky eater. The appetizers do little things to nothing for me.. But the entrées and the dessert.... DAMN. 

Amazing. Well worth the price of admission for those alone. 

Totally agree with this. Hated the tomato water. But "the world", pork belly, and Terrior beef made it all worthwhile! Just wondering @constable145, was the peanut butter thing at Michaels similar tasting to the chocolate globe (the world) thing at wonderland?

On 12/02/2018 at 3:16 AM, Sabrinaklai said:

Totally agree with this. Hated the tomato water. But "the world", pork belly, and Terrior beef made it all worthwhile! Just wondering @constable145, was the peanut butter thing at Michaels similar tasting to the chocolate globe (the world) thing at wonderland?

Peanut butter thing at Michael's is different than the peanut butter thing at Wonderland. Both delicious. 

Went to Coca beach today. Weather was unseasonably warm. Water was seasonably cool. We still enjoyed the waves. 

Coastal for breaky.. 270 for lunch. Both very good. Chops for dinner. If their desserts don't meet my expectations I'll head to Michael's for a peanut butter thing. 

On 2/8/2018 at 9:52 PM, constable145 said:

You raise a valid point about Michael's. I'll gladly give those brews a try.. But this Canadian is discerning when it comes to barley and hops. 

You may not care for it, but Molson Golden is my 2nd favorite beer!, after Yuengling.

Tickets were given out on day 3. The last sea day prior to CocoCay.

The island is beautiful. I'd never been here before. Nicer white sand beaches than Labadee. The waterslide is fun. Buffet was decent. Cocoloccos are delicious.

Tendering is a PITA. Thankfully the pier is under construction. I heard today that unlike a June completion date I had previously heard it is now slated for the third quarter of 2018

IMG_20180214_132033.jpg

IMG_20180214_103553.jpg

IMG_20180214_153129.jpg

IMG_20180214_132044.jpg

3 minutes ago, constable145 said:

Tendering is a PITA. Thankfully the pier is under construction. I heard today that unlike a June completion date I had previously heard it is now slated for the third quarter of 2018

Disappointed but not surprised.  I've worked in the islands, few things ever complete on time.

On 2/11/2018 at 5:45 PM, constable145 said:

Some gossip about Michael's genuine pub.. After 3 days of going there asking for a variety of draft beers only to be told that they were bringing the keg up and to come back tomorrow I made an inquiry. Being told to come back tomorrow 3 days in a row is frustrating.

So apparently they are in at the end of a contract with Michael's genuine pub and speciality items are in short supply. It is unknown to what extent the arrangement will be alerted but there are no specialty craft beers on this voyage due to the contract situation. You have to settle for Stella or some left over bottles.

That being said, the burger and peanut butter pie in a jar were AWESOME.

If you get a chance to eat them, do it. Just don't expect any craft beers while you're at it. 

Looks like Matt just posted about this

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/02/13/royal-caribbean-removing-michaels-genuine-pub-its-cruise-ships

1 minute ago, CGTLH said:

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Dammit, that was probably the ship feature I was looking forward to the most for my 5-nighter on Anthem in October!

19 hours ago, Lauren said:

It looks like I will be one of the last to visit Michael's. I will make sure to be there Saturday night before they close. What is this peanut butter thing??

If you like peanut butter,whip cream  and chocolate then you need to have it. 

That is the best way to describe it. 

It is worth the 5 bucks they charge for it. 

15 minutes ago, constable145 said:

If you like peanut butter,whip cream  and chocolate then you need to have it. 

That is the best way to describe it. 

It is worth the 5 bucks they charge for it. 

Peanut butter, yes, whip cream yes, chocolate, NO (except for Resses cups), I know, I know. Do you know how hard it is to find peanut butter without chocolate??  I may have to try it anyway.

19 hours ago, Lauren said:

Peanut butter, yes, whip cream yes, chocolate, NO (except for Resses cups), I know, I know. Do you know how hard it is to find peanut butter without chocolate??  I may have to try it anyway.

It is very similar to a Reese peanut butter cup.. Except with whipped cream.. And better.