Mariners new deck plans

Interesting that the deck plans show the flowrider aligned with the ships centerline (normal), but the 3D rendering showed it angled to port.  

No Vintages...not surprised, always seems dead on every ship I sail.  Hope the Morgan is gone too...it just creates a traffic bottleneck.

Suite lounge replaces Concierge lounge (technically a loss for us D+ but a non-issue for me)

Jamie's instead of Giovanni's (it was Portofino's originally)

Glad they left the Boardwalk Doghouse on the pool deck.  It was a great convenient snack back when she sailed from Galveston (before Asia), however it used to be on the port side.

Can't wait to see the changes in July!

Very interesting .. seems like they chopped out a lot of the retail space in order to make room for bars/lounges/restaurants.

Wonder if that is just a general decision or in response to the 3/4 night crowd being perhaps more food/drink and less shopping oriented ?

Definitely looking forward to trying out Mariner next year though.

2 hours ago, PRC said:

No Vintages...not surprised, always seems dead on every ship I sail.  Hope the Morgan is gone too...it just creates a traffic bottleneck.

I think the only ship it wasn't dead on was Brilliance - and it was one of our favorite bars there! Loved having the huge windows while sipping a glass of wine. 

On Allure, the bartender at Vintages actually said that's where most of the crew hangs out! 

Glad to see the Doghouse is staying and its on the pool deck! On my last cruise...celebrity they had the Mast Grill which was great....never ate lunch once inside during that cruise. Wondered why Royal didn't have anything like that....so great to see this.

The more I see and read about Marnier, the more excited I am getting for my cruise...come on October!

14 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

I wonderd about the chapel on those class ships...seemed like it was pretty empty and a waste of space really..no idea how often they were even used?!

It seemed like a pretty neat idea when it was established ..... but you're right, if it's not being used, get rid of it.

18 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

I wonderd about the chapel on those class ships...seemed like it was pretty empty and a waste of space really..no idea how often they were even used?!

Just for weddings I'd imagine.  On a recent Indy cruise the chapel was too small for a religious service so they held it in a larger venue.

On Grandeur they closed the Viking Crown Lounge for 30 minutes and used it for a wedding.  Nicer than using a chapel for a wedding IMO.

20 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Glad to see the Doghouse is staying and its on the pool deck! On my last cruise...celebrity they had the Mast Grill which was great....never ate lunch once inside during that cruise. Wondered why Royal didn't have anything like that....so great to see this.

The more I see and read about Marnier, the more excited I am getting for my cruise...come on October!

Which Mariner sailing are you on in Oct?! We're on 10/5! 

50 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

It stated that....all staterooms were getting refurbished and updated!

@RestingBirds....come join us in the 22nd...going to be a good time! and you need to go with at least the 4 day cruise to take it all in!

Definitely wanting to do the 4 over the 3.  I'd love to do a B2B to make it a 7, but we'll have a 2 1/2 yr old, and a 1 year old by then...so the 4 might be all we get...In which case I'll try for a JS.

Doh!  Just realized 3 of you are going this year...Sweety is going next year, which is when I'm looking to book.  I'll be looking for good reports!

On 2/14/2018 at 11:26 AM, monctonguy said:

Dragons Lair is going to be gone?.....so no official dance/night club on this ship? Kinda surprised as it would seem its catering to  fun active nightlife type crowd on these cruises?!

Unless it picked up after I was on her, it was dead when I went there. I like the nightlife (well used to) but that place was not where to go for it. The pool/hot tube had way more action than there at night. (though this was many years ago lol)

Not sure when you were on her or for how long a cruise it was? But generally the shorter cruises tend to cater more and have more night life..or so goes the story. I haven't seen much action in hot tubs or pools late night on any cruises I have been on....usually they are all shut down it seems.

I was on Indy...5 day cruise.....and the nightclub was packed..lined up out the door to get in.....people from 80-21 in there dancing and drinking and having a great time.....was hoping Marnier would lean more that way then what I have seen on the past few cruises I have done.

1 hour ago, monctonguy said:

Not sure when you were on her or for how long a cruise it was? But generally the shorter cruises tend to cater more and have more night life..or so goes the story. I haven't seen much action in hot tubs or pools late night on any cruises I have been on....usually they are all shut down it seems.

I don't remember when it was exactly but I was off school at the time I do know that lol. It was on the west coast so maybe that had something to do with it. I think most people were drunk from the ports though and it was a very port heavy cruise so I'm thinking that may be part as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

I hope they are worth it....I know my only experience in one, I wish I had paid the extra $150 difference for the cruise for a regular room AND would have received double CA points...

BUT, if your not into the points...then there was nothing wrong with the room at all.

I have seen studio rooms more expensive than a inside room so have to be careful.

2 hours ago, monctonguy said:

I hope they are worth it....I know my only experience in one, I wish I had paid the extra $150 difference for the cruise for a regular room AND would have received double CA points...

BUT, if your not into the points...then there was nothing wrong with the room at all.

I have seen studio rooms more expensive than a inside room so have to be careful.

Thankfully, the studio staterooms for my two cruises were much cheaper than standard staterooms. 

8 night EC on Adventure (Dec 8th, 2018): paid $951 Cdn with taxes and port fees for studio interior

Current price for interior: 

5a95792c7cbb6_Adventureinterior.png.e1a6ee1801460ad6bec97438a04f495b.png

(My category has since sold out and TA told me not to anticipate a price drop.)

8 night WC on Harmony (Dec 8th, 2019): paid $1335 Cdn with taxes and port fees for studio ocean view (only $100 difference between studios interior and OV, so YOLO book it I did :D)

Current price for interior (standard OV are not populating for me):

5a957a72c9d40_Harmonyinterior.png.a234bf296328d2f9b7187218207654fc.png

Your point is definitely worth taking into consideration, but, given a choice between price and double C&A points, I would go with the price. (I thought the cost difference between the two studio categories was minimal, hence my booking OV over interior.) 

So I picked the Navi because she is in the same class as the Mariner

Deck Plans

• February 25th, 2018 - April 13th, 2018 Cat PF Staterooms 1854 and 1804 Family Panoramic Ocean View
  • April 22nd, 2018 - December 30th, 2018 Cat VP Staterooms 1854 and 1804 Ocean View Panoramic Suite (No Balcony)

Interesting 

1 hour ago, RBRSKI said:

Interesting how they quietly made that change.  I wonder what they added to the stateroom to make it a suite?

I looked at that category (VP) on the Mariner too before.  I assumed it's because the bunks are off separate from the rest of the room, that's what makes it a "suite".