whitsmom

Travel steamer

I just got a small hand-held travel steamer for clothes and etc.  Are these allowed to pack?  I don't want to take it only to get it taken away.  I have never had one of these so I its not going to upset me if I can bring it.

27 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

We use the "hang it up when you take a shower" method.  Works great and it's free!

??????????? Can you explain the proper procedures for this please? just so my wife knows what to do while im at the bar :8_laughing:

1 hour ago, Ray said:

??????????? Can you explain the proper procedures for this please? just so my wife knows what to do while im at the bar :8_laughing:

Hot shower, hang clothes, close bathroom door.  Works better with wrinkle release applied first.  Oh and BTW, real men do it too.  :8_laughing:

I have a travel steamer I have taken on 15 cruises and it has never been confiscated. It is shaped differently and I don't think they know it is a steamer. This isn't exactly it, but it looks similar.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Norelco-Travel-Care-Fabric-Steamer-Wrinkle-Remover-w-Carry-Pouch/162895644320?hash=item25ed5646a0:g:tdoAAOSwp7tafmRl

On 1/18/2018 at 2:19 PM, twangster said:

Hot shower, hang clothes, close bathroom door.  Works better with wrinkle release applied first.  Oh and BTW, real men do it too.  :8_laughing:

Hang clothes *in the bathroom* (but not in the shower where they will get wet).  It doesn't work if the clothes are in the closet, hallway, balcony, etc.

3 minutes ago, Orange Crush said:

Hang clothes *in the bathroom* (but not in the shower where they will get wet).  It doesn't work if the clothes are in the closet, hallway, balcony, etc.

The policy is no wet bathing suites in the dining rooms.  Wet shower clothes are not addressed in the dining or formal night policy.  

59 minutes ago, Ari said:

You have to get the Presteam Packs that steam your clothes for you. 

I see the guy running that Kickstarter is also named Ari.  Must be a total coincidence that you are posting nothing but messages praising it :19_kissing: 

Pretty sure repackaged Flameless Ration Heaters are not allowed on cruise ships.

I think some of us might be missing the point, it's not whether we can get them on the ship or not, we don't want anything on the ship with a heating element that the Cruise ship company and Coast Guard see as a possible fire threat.

Fire on a ship is a bad thing.

3 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

Or if wrinkles bother you that much, send them out and get them pressed, they usually run a special pressing price during most cruises.

Just spend a little coin...

Wonder, has anyone ever taken some stuff off the ship and got them cleaned/pressed off the ship? It's something I have thought of recently but never needed to try it.