Mistake

Diane S

My husband purchased a watch during a sale that said the watches were up to  "75%" off= "  He purchased a watch that was marked $600+ for $149.   The tag that was attached to the watch looked legit and the brand was legit (Invictus) He has now found the watch for cheaper.   Be careful in getting wrapped up into the frenzy of the sales.  

Just a word of warning to new cruisers.   We enjoyed the cruise and hated to come back.  This little burp I  won't let upset me .  We even booked our next cruise for January 2019. 

Sorry you were disappointed with the price.  I don't think there is much you can do about it.  You seem to have a good attitude about it though.

My wife purchased a ring on one of our cruises.  I think it was only $25 or $30.  After a couple months the gold started to wear off.  On our next cruise on a different ship, we took it back to the store.  (they all sell similar stuff)   The store manager listened to our story, grinned, and said "You got it wet didn't you".  She also said "don't even think about getting soap on it".  After we all had a good laugh she exchanged it for us after we promised not to tell anyone.

46 minutes ago, craig403 said:

Sorry you were disappointed with the price.  I don't think there is much you can do about it.  You seem to have a good attitude about it though.

My wife purchased a ring on one of our cruises.  I think it was only $25 or $30.  After a couple months the gold started to wear off.  On our next cruise on a different ship, we took it back to the store.  (they all sell similar stuff)   The store manager listened to our story, grinned, and said "You got it wet didn't you".  She also said "don't even think about getting soap on it".  After we all had a good laugh she exchanged it for us after we promised not to tell anyone.

you broke the first rule of Fight Club

Same thing happened to me, Diane.

Since I didn't have internet access, I couldn't research the watch.  It was a helluva markdown, but when I got home, I realized

that it (also an Invicta) was cheaper pretty much everywhere I looked (even Invicta.com).   However, I absolutely love the 

watch (even though it runs fast and if I don't wear it every single day it stops, so I am forever having to reset the time/date).

I'll know better next time.  Not mad at all...had I not been on vacation, I wouldn't have bought it, and I get a ton of compliments!

I am surprised that its such a well know rip off and yet they continue to sell them and profit from them. Surely to god with all the Royal cruises having ZOOM that u will now check the real value of this stuff before getting scammed....lol

All the stuff is pretty cheap and is what it is on their sales. Its fun to go down and get caught up in the moment but lets be honest, none of it is quality.

16 hours ago, Diane S said:

My husband purchased a watch during a sale that said the watches were up to  "75%" off= "  He purchased a watch that was marked $600+ for $149.   The tag that was attached to the watch looked legit and the brand was legit (Invictus) He has now found the watch for cheaper.   Be careful in getting wrapped up into the frenzy of the sales.  

Just a word of warning to new cruisers.   We enjoyed the cruise and hated to come back.  This little burp I  won't let upset me .  We even booked our next cruise for January 2019. 

I never buy anything I can get elsewhere. And so far my model cruise ships come from online websites. But I do like the T-shirt sale. I get RC shirts when they mark them down. Prefer to spend my money on drinks. Glad you had fun anyway. Does the watch at least work?

10 minutes ago, Diane S said:

We had never heard of Invicta.  It does work and has a nice magnified date area.    We did not purchase the internet package on board.  When we went on the cruise, we agree we would lock our phones in the safe.  We wanted to disconnect from the world.  

Good plan. I do use my phone for pictures, but it's in airplane mode. We also don't buy internet on board. My ship purchases are when I am not cruising. We do go to Senor Frogs to check email.

2 hours ago, Diane S said:

We had never heard of Invicta.  It does work and has a nice magnified date area.    We did not purchase the internet package on board.  When we went on the cruise, we agree we would lock our phones in the safe.  We wanted to disconnect from the world.  

Thumbs up on the disconnect from the world comment.  I think that's one of the best parts of cruising.

Not to hijack the thread, but it's still watch related.   What is it with cruises and watch sales?  Granted it had been awhile for us between cruises but when we were on the Enchantment, ads for watches were everywhere, watch sales abound, etc.  It just puzzled us.  

32 minutes ago, mbk999 said:

Thumbs up on the disconnect from the world comment.  I think that's one of the best parts of cruising.

Not to hijack the thread, but it's still watch related.   What is it with cruises and watch sales?  Granted it had been awhile for us between cruises but when we were on the Enchantment, ads for watches were everywhere, watch sales abound, etc.  It just puzzled us.  

Lol!  That and purse sales!  It's a madhouse!  You can always get the designer purses cheaper on land than on the ship.

32 minutes ago, mbk999 said:

They reallllly don't want you to be late back to the ship from your excursion!

I am a bit of a watch addict, have way too many, a few Invictas and I was so tempted on those promenade sales.  Every one I looked at was cheaper online though, usually by a decent amount.  People are obviously buying them though, or they wouldn't be there.  

But it's 75% off!!!

We were on the Independence in January 2009. They had a sale that I had not seen previously or since. For every $2 you spend you get $1 in coupons to spend in Shops On Board. My wife and I were sure it was a misprint...but I asked and it was legit. I bought a Tag watch (it was a good price on board)...we couldn't spend all the coupon money ($680 worth as I recall). I was sure someone screwed up that sale concept.

We haven't seen the coupon concept since. Maybe I ruined it... :13_upside_down:

On 11/14/2017 at 9:08 AM, UkuleleCruiser said:

I never buy anything I can get elsewhere. And so far my model cruise ships come from online websites. But I do like the T-shirt sale. I get RC shirts when they mark them down. Prefer to spend my money on drinks. Glad you had fun anyway. Does the watch at least work?

I'm with you on the tees.