App issue or am I missing something?

I checked in on the app way back in early January. Everything has been fine, and when I opened the app I would see our set sail passes. Our cruise is this Sunday and now I see it says "check in". The set sail pass is in there but not as convenient as it was. Is it just cause we are so close to the cruise? I don't remember this on our last cruise in October. 

9 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I checked in on the app way back in early January. Everything has been fine, and when I opened the app I would see our set sail passes. Our cruise is this Sunday and now I see it says "check in". The set sail pass is in there but not as convenient as it was. Is it just cause we are so close to the cruise? I don't remember this on our last cruise in October. 

Probably an "upgrade" to the app.

It's in the app where you "check in". One you check in it will say "set sail pass" or something like that. When you click that you see all the set sail passes for your cruise, it's back to saying check in but I'm all checked in already. I think it says your arrival time too, which has been 10:30 all along. That's also missing. 

6 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Well now it's gone again. I really don't need this bullshit 3 days before the cruise. I don't understand why this billion dollar company can't get things right with IT. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it's still missing. 

This is an example of why my wife insists on having a printed copy of everything just in case.

Your thread made me go check mine for our upcoming March cruise. I clicked Set Sail pass, and got just my mom and dad's passes showing, those two and not ours (my parents reserved and paid separately from us but they are linked for reservations, etc.). I went back and clicked edit check in, where I could see mine, my husband's, and our two teens, PLUS my parents except their check in time was gone (we all had 11:30am but they were giving me options for 2pm+ when I went into that option for my parents). I went back to the set sail pass and saw the 11:30am listed there for them so I screenshotted it - I *think* I did this when I first checked in two weeks ago, but just be safe, I did it again. Finally, I went back to the main app screen, clicked Set Sail again and FINALLY everything was normal. All six of us listed with correct check in times. How bizarre!

ETA: every time I open Set Sail, I see a different thing, it's not fixed. Something really strange is going on. I wonder if it is related to all the tech outages today?

3 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

Your thread made me go check mine for our upcoming March cruise. I clicked Set Sail pass, and got just my mom and dad's passes showing, those two and not ours (my parents reserved and paid separately from us but they are linked for reservations, etc.). I went back and clicked edit check in, where I could see mine, my husband's, and our two teens, PLUS my parents except their check in time was gone (we all had 11:30am but they were giving me options for 2pm+ when I went into that option for my parents). I went back to the set sail pass and saw the 11:30am listed there for them so I screenshotted it - I *think* I did this when I first checked in two weeks ago, but just be safe, I did it again. Finally, I went back to the main app screen, clicked Set Sail again and FINALLY everything was normal. All six of us listed with correct check in times. How bizarre!

It is bizarre, it's there one minute and the next it looks like you never checked in. It's super annoying especially when you are leaving in 3 days. I don't understand how this stuff just keeps on happening. 

I was just gonna post everything looks good today so far but it's gone again. Not only that but for a split, I mean split second you can see the "set sail pass" try to load and it goes right back to "check in". It's really something to behold here with Royal Caribbean. I'm impressed how bad this one is screwed up. I can just imagine people getting to the cruise terminal and this glitch is happening. I will no longer count on, rely on, or even care about the "set sail pass" on the app. Printed them out, no worries now. 

3 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I was just gonna post everything looks good today so far but it's gone again. Not only that but for a split, I mean split second you can see the "set sail pass" try to load and it goes right back to "check in". It's really something to behold here with Royal Caribbean. I'm impressed how bad this one is screwed up. I can just imagine people getting to the cruise terminal and this glitch is happening. I will no longer count on, rely on, or even care about the "set sail pass" on the app. Printed them out, no worries now. 

It’s been fun trying to walk my “not that technologically advanced” father through the online and app check in. I can’t wait until his starts glitching on him so I’ve advised them to print copies and also have someone take screen shots for them so that their passes are on their phone’s photo album. 

Just now, ScottD said:

I'm also an android guy- next time you see the passes, just Screenshot them. That's the safest way because sometimes service is wonky in the terminals, so you don't have to rely on the app or a printout. 

A screen shot works? They accept that and scan that? Maybe dumb questions. 🤣

16 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

As far as they are concerned, it's just a bar code to scan. They do not care where they scan it from.

As a side note. If you know how to "clear storage" on the royal app periodically, it sometimes alleviates a lot of these problems. You'll have to re-input username/password, but it forces the app to refresh all its stale data.

33 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Seems likely. That's how my wife handles her boarding passes for the airlines. Still wants that paper in hand for SetSail pass (maybe because it's easier to hand that to the bartenders than to show them a phone prior to having the physical SeaPass).

42 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I screen shot all the time.  That way I can just have photos open and it is so much easier.  
I read about the set sail pass in the  facebook group for our sailing and checked mine. 4 cabins linked and I can see 4 passes, open up another persons sailing and I see the same 4 and the 3rd person see 2 more I couldnt see and the 4th person-see 4 others but no passes for them....so missing 2 passes.....gone!  LOL  I' not gonna worry I think if I go far back enough in my photos I have the original screen shots of the set sail passes.  Royal IT must be at it again.

BTW-when I mention the passes are screen shot somewhere in my album....when I find them I will screenshot them again so they are at the beginning when I open my photos.

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Honestly, even the bar code (in any form) is just a shortcut.  You don't have to do any form of check-in.  You can ignore the app.  All you have to do is show up at the terminal with the proper identification.  Yes, it will take longer look you up and get you on board than if they could scan a bar code.  And yes there's a risk your identification is somehow unacceptable which might have been caught if you did check-in.  But there's definitely still some old school travelers that have no interest in technology.

5 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

RC doesn't use dynamic bar codes like say Ticketmaster. So a screenshot is as good as anything else.

This is exactly what I was gonna say. I assume he was thinking it was a barcode like a sporting event, but RC just uses a basic barcode since you CAN print it if you want

4 minutes ago, ScottD said:

This is exactly what I was gonna say. I assume he was thinking it was a barcode like a sporting event, but RC just uses a basic barcode since you CAN print it if you want

I was able to screenshot them all. I'm gonna give that a try on Sunday and we'll have the paper ones I printed out yesterday. Thanks for the suggestions guys. 

I am also sailing on Sunday and having the same problem. I left home this morning but  printed a copy, took a picture and my granddaughter put it in my Apple Wallet. Hopefully one of these will work Sunday. It is scary to not be able to see things this close to sailing.

Good luck everyone and enjoy your cruise.

6 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

And nope, at Cape Liberty today the app just would not load. Good thing we had the paper set sail passes. 

Yep-its the crowd and the terminal- just hard to get a connection. I'll ALWAYS have the screen shot as a back up from now on!   

Have fun on the cruise! 

Well here is my take so far and this is our 3rd or 4th time on the beautiful Anthem of the seas. We just absolutely love this ship. It feels like home now actually we've sailed on her so many times now. Hate to see her go but Odyssey will be awesome too I'm sure. On this cruise though it is really, really nice to have the indoor pool of which I'm writing this from. 

The security line at Cape Liberty is really bad I have to say. It's not insanely long but longer than it should be. Once you get through that is a breeze. The ship looks great, it's only 8 years old. We love Captain Felix also. He is personable but at the same time no nonsense and knows his job. The food has been excellent. MDR excellent, Jaime's for lunch yesterday, excellent. Jaime's was exceptional actually, wow. Tonight is Jaime's for dinner but that wasn't the plan. We have the 3 night dining package and we made reservations at Jaime's for lunch at about 1 but all the times we wanted at the restaurants we wanted were gone already. We kinda had to change things around. I don't think we are gonna get a dinning plan anymore if it's like this. Just pay for them outright and you can book them well in advance. Unless they actually change to plans can book on advance also. 

We just love Anthem! 

I am a prime example of why you should take food reviews with a grain of salt. I am also on anthem and this is my fourth time. I also love this ship and will miss her. I do not know what happened at the terminal but I got there at 10:15 and it took a half hour to get to the parking garage so at 10:45 I finally got into the terminal and everyone had to wait till around 11:30 to board. I didn't hear what happened. I also had Jamie's for lunch and was very disappointed. It was definitely the worst calamari I've ever had. It was way over done and way too crispy and like someone else said the garlic aioli is just mayonnaise with some garlic in it. I got the prime rib in the MDR that that night and it wasn't even a choice cup of me. Of course it was overcooked and dry and just not very good. With it you got maybe a quarter cup at the most of mashed potato and one broccoli for it and two sliced pieces of carrot. I am really disappointed so far. I just went to the dog house and got a chicken apple sausage that wasn't even warm. I took one bite and threw it away. The only thing I have had that is acceptable is the windjammer breakfast. I am not a picky eater either and appreciate it when other people make food for me. For what we are paying for these cruises nowadays we should have better food. And no I don't expect it to be five star.