Royal Caribbean Orders Oasis Class #7

30 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

this most likely means an 8th Oasis class will be coming as well since the oasis fleet has "sisters" within the fleet. Oasis & allure, harmony & symphony, wonder & utopia. This new ship will have something new about it that the other versions don't have and an 8th will probably come to complete the set.

If they call #7 "Legend" then that's a perfect stepping off point by ending Oasis for a couple reasons.

I’m not willing to rule out “Lego of the seas” for Oasis #7.
This could be a valuable partnership. 

I mean, Oasis #7 is being built in France, just down the street from Lego headquarters in Denmark. Also Oasis #7 itself, will be a bunch of pre manufactured blocks with an assembly manual rivaling the Lego Millennium Falcon. 

Synergy, Bayley’s second favorite word. 

The China market is untapped potential and RCCL definitely wants to compete.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Wonder wander off even before Oasis 7 is done.

Also, given the current demand a lot of Vision itineraries could be dropped for larger ships (shift Voyager in and replace Voyagers with Oases).  Everything is sort of cyclical, Oasis will be the new Voyager class (which really has 8 ships since Freedom/Liberty/Independence are pretty much just stretched Voyagers) and Voyager will replace vision.  Eventually Quantums will replace Radiance. 

The question is how to fit Voyager and Quantum into the places that Vision and Radiance go now.  As far as home ports go my memory is the two tricky ones are Tampa and Baltimore? I am sure Discovery will come along eventually but I suspect it will be closer in concept to Quantum than Vision.  

5 hours ago, Crown&AnchorEsq said:

The China market is untapped potential and RCCL definitely wants to compete.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Wonder wander off even before Oasis 7 is done.

Also, given the current demand a lot of Vision itineraries could be dropped for larger ships (shift Voyager in and replace Voyagers with Oases).  Everything is sort of cyclical, Oasis will be the new Voyager class (which really has 8 ships since Freedom/Liberty/Independence are pretty much just stretched Voyagers) and Voyager will replace vision.  Eventually Quantums will replace Radiance. 

The question is how to fit Voyager and Quantum into the places that Vision and Radiance go now.  As far as home ports go my memory is the two tricky ones are Tampa and Baltimore? I am sure Discovery will come along eventually but I suspect it will be closer in concept to Quantum than Vision.  

I would love to see something like that...imagine a Voyager Class ship, porting out of New Orleans.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ApexoftheSeas said:

Maybe Oasis 7 will home port year round in Europe?

Interesting idea but since Oasis is a warm weather ship I have to ask how cool or chilly does it get in the Mediterranean from Mid-November through mid-April. 

Earlier this year NCL announced they were canceling their plans to leave both the Epic and Getaway in Europe for year around sailing beginning in November/December of this year do to low demand and would redeploy those ships from the US to places in the Caribbean where demand is high.  One could argue both Epic and Getaway are suitable all weather ship more so than any Oasis Class ship, they are also smaller than any Oasis Class ship.  If there isn't enough demand on those smaller ships from mid-November though mid-April I don't see why Royal would homeport an Oasis Class ship in Europe on a year around basis.

On 2/15/2024 at 11:40 AM, Vancity Cruiser said:

NCL recently did full refurbs of 2 of their older smaller ships. And not just public areas, all staterooms were done as well and the result is brand new looking, fresh small ships at about the 10th of a cost of new vessels. I feel like this is something Royal should do with Radiance Class if they don't want to build new smaller ships. The down side of course is you still have the older, less environmentally friendly power source propelling them. 

Both Radiance and Brilliance have had engine trouble in the last five months resulting in multiple cancellations.   Not a good sign for their continued deployments.  I bet the execs at RC are scrambling to push up execution of the Discovery class.   I'm scheduled on Radiance May 3rd so we shall see.

Maybe they will send Wonder over to Asia full-time as it was originally intended pre pandemic?

There are only so many home ports/itineraries that can accommodate Oasis/Icon Class ships.

Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Port Canaveral, Galveston are the US home ports currently and add in Cape Liberty for the Summer months.

By the launch of Oasis 7 in 28 they will have 10 big ass ships in rotation bc Icon 3 comes out in 26 iirc.  I’m thinking one goes to Asia year round and another one will offer cruises out of the updated port in San Juan perhaps?

Speculation is fun!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2024 at 12:26 PM, Zambia-Zaire said:

I would love to see something like that...imagine a Voyager Class ship, porting out of New Orleans.

We keep waiting for better ships and itineraries sailing from New Orleans.  Our drive is 5 hours to Galveston and 8 hours to New Orleans.  Would love 3 days in the French Quarter followed by a quality (not Cozumel / Costa Maya / Roatan) 7 or 10 day sailing!