Suite guarantee just means Junior suite correct?

Now that the 2025 NJ cruises are gonna be released I believe on the 12th of February I'm getting in booking mode. I have an idea what we want to do. I have a cabin or two in mind. A suite guarantee is just really a junior suite guarantee in the end correct? It's to the extreme rare and I'd say in these times a thing of the past to be given anything other. 

It depends upon the GTY code.  There is a code (not very common, but it does exist) for a GS GTY.  I do not know the exact code, but there is one.  For this GTY, you are guaranteed a Grand Suite or higher.  MOST of the Suite GTYs are basically JS GTYs and the chance of getting anything higher than a JS is very low.

A junior suite wouldn't be bad either for us. I mean the extra points and extra room is nice. I know that is not a suite in any other way. Kinda treated as 2nd class "suite guests". 🤣 Now how are the junior suites on Odyssey? Worth it? I'm guessing not so much on Liberty or Adventure? 

My Junior Suite on Navigator had a closet big enough that if I had my kids with me, one in particular would have been thrilled to sleep in it (he's a petite 11 year old that loves to sleep random places, he's weird).  So that is definitely a huge perk.  This coming NYE on Adventure we booked a junior suite so that we can better organize the clothes for our 4 kids - we plan on keep most of the clothes in our room and having the kids share the oceanview a few doors down.  

I know a huge closet isn't the perk you were looking for - but we did Xmas on Adventure in two balcony rooms and there were clothes everywhere for all the kids.  I was losing my mind trying to keep it organized.  That closet is going to be worth every penny I paid for the JS!  Plus being able to walk around the room without bumping my poor shins into a something is a big plus.

23 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

A junior suite wouldn't be bad either for us. I mean the extra points and extra room is nice. I know that is not a suite in any other way. Kinda treated as 2nd class "suite guests". 🤣 Now how are the junior suites on Odyssey? Worth it? I'm guessing not so much on Liberty or Adventure? 

Just an FYI ….. You do NOT get double points when you win a bid to upgrade from a regular cabin to a suite.

44 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:

Just an FYI ….. You do NOT get double points when you win a bid to upgrade from a regular cabin to a suite.

Uh interesting question, I knew that part. What if you booked a junior suite but then bid on a Grand suite? I assume you would still get double points? 

On 2/3/2024 at 5:07 PM, RCIfan1912 said:

Now that the 2025 NJ cruises are gonna be released I believe on the 12th of February I'm getting in booking mode. I have an idea what we want to do. I have a cabin or two in mind. A suite guarantee is just really a junior suite guarantee in the end correct? It's to the extreme rare and I'd say in these times a thing of the past to be given anything other. 

You likely already know this but just in case you don't, release dates are "week of", not a specific date. So the NJ cruises you're waiting for should be released at some time during the week beginning Monday 12th February. It could indeed be on the 12th, but historically they tend to open up Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday.

31 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

You likely already know this but just in case you don't, release dates are "week of", not a specific date. So the NJ cruises you're waiting for should be released at some time during the week beginning Monday 12th February. It could indeed be on the 12th, but historically they tend to open up Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday.

Excellent info. I used to not care or pay attention to the release date of the cruise season but with prices skyrocketing I am now. The first week should be the cheapest. Thanks for the info. My eyes are peeled. 

32 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

There are some suites that do not have balconies on some ships. Freedom and Voyager class have the panoramic suites that are forward and above the bridge. These are considered full suites, so you would get suite lounge access and free room service but they do not have balconies. 

2 points on those too correct? I love those cabins and forget to look for them most of the time. Thanks for the info. 

4 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

2 points on those too correct? I love those cabins and forget to look for them most of the time. Thanks for the info. 

Yes, you get the extra point per night for booking these.  I love these cabins as well but some people get upset because they assume all suites would have a balcony.

Like @AshleyDillo,we have stayed in the panoramic suites on the V/F class and the lack of a balcony was not an issue at all.  My negatives for those suites has to do with their location and the amount of motion you feel by being way forward.  The rooms themselves are very nice - except for the bathroom, which is no different from a regular OV balcony or even an interior, for that matter.

20 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Someone could correct me if I am wrong but JS on Odyssey might have access to CK.

But yes a JS on any of the other classes is a balcony at an extra C&A point per night.

Yes you do have access to CK in a JS on Odyssey.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Like @AshleyDillo,we have stayed in the panoramic suites on the V/F class and the lack of a balcony was not an issue at all.  My negatives for those suites has to do with their location and the amount of motion you feel by being way forward.  The rooms themselves are very nice - except for the bathroom, which is no different from a regular OV balcony or even an interior, for that matter.

I can't believe you get full suite perks. That blows my mind actually because they are not expensive at all. There are two that are enormous, 1854 being one. I think we may book this when the schedule is released. Not having a balcony not a huge deal to us because of those enormous windows with incredible views. You get breakfast in Chops? Is that correct? Every day? Reservations needed? 

Yes, the VP suites have all of the suites amenities that are applicable to the ship you are sailing on. On the V/F class ships that does not include internet. So yes to suites lounge access and breakfast at Chops (or wherever the suites breakfast is held). The suites amenities only apply to the VP category.  It does not apply to the 1L category.  …so there are only 2 of these suites on any of the V/F class ships.

8 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes, the VP suites have all of the suites amenities that are applicable to the ship you are sailing on. On the V/F class ships that does not include internet. So yes to suites lounge access and breakfast at Chops (or wherever the suites breakfast is held). The suites amenities only apply to the VP category.  It does not apply to the 1L category.  …so there are only 2 of these suites on any of the V/F class ships.

Yeah I should have said just those 2 huge suites, 1854 and I think the other is 1802? Definitely looking into booking one when the schedule is released in a week or so. Assuming Liberty will still be up here in NJ a portion of the year. Maybe a sister ship also if that is up here. 

Since the pandemic, we have booked JS for all trips until prices skyrocketed this year.

JS get double points unless you Royal UP to them

JS on Odyssey with the split bathroom are the nicest bathrooms we have seen on a ship.   Odyssey is a phenomenal ship.

JS on Quantum and Oasis  ships have limited access to CK.

JS on Navigator we booked was one of the "new" JS at the front of the ship.  The room was tiny, very little closet space, regular bathroom, but the balcony was big enough to play half court basketball.   Didn't like the extra glass above the railing.